Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Notch Reveals Who's Porting Minecraft to Xbox 360

• 63 results
    fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 75

#51  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@StingingVelvet said:

As a PC gamer doing an "outside looking in" thing here, I really wonder how they will handle the open nature of this game on a closed system like the Xbox 360. It will really be interesting to see how it works out.

Probably like Team Fortress 2 on consoles. A stable, static game with little or no updates or extra content over time. How Microsoft has been opening up the Kinect hardware could mean that they're planning on making the Xbox a slightly more open platform, which could mean the possiblity for mods and steadier updates though.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By tebbit

@Coombs said:

@BLipp18 said:

id like to see minecraft become a game instead of an overhyped map editor

Do you know what the term "sandbox" means? Edit: Ohh..... A blue name, Now I get why you don't understand

RACIST

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Synthballs

@patrickklepek said:

@SBYM said:

Guess that's another Notch in his belt.

That's it. No one else needs to comment. Move along now.

Why the fuck wasn't that your article title?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@Coombs said:
    @BLipp18 said:

id like to see minecraft become a game instead of an overhyped map editor

Do you know what the term "sandbox" means?  Edit: Ohh..... A blue name, Now I get why you don't understand
    You have a green name so.....
    gnark1ll420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By gnark1ll420
    @BLipp18:  They are planning an adventure mode.
    StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By StingingVelvet
    @fisk0 said:

@StingingVelvet said:

As a PC gamer doing an "outside looking in" thing here, I really wonder how they will handle the open nature of this game on a closed system like the Xbox 360. It will really be interesting to see how it works out.

Probably like Team Fortress 2 on consoles. A stable, static game with little or no updates or extra content over time. How Microsoft has been opening up the Kinect hardware could mean that they're planning on making the Xbox a slightly more open platform, which could mean the possiblity for mods and steadier updates though.

I hope for the sake of 360 gamers everywhere that they do open that console up a little more.  Gamers on that system are missing out on some cool features by having such a tightly controlled system.
    Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Cubical
    This is the worst IDEA ever. 

IT will suck even more and control worse  than First person shooters on consoles already do. 

And I would say look  bad but even the fucking crap weak xbox 360 ps3  and wii U hardware can handle minecraft.
    Darksnughero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Darksnughero
    @Twisted_Scot: You'll get a hat. 
    Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By Sambambo

@Cubical said:

This is the worst IDEA ever. IT will suck even more and control worse than First person shooters on consoles already do. And I would say look bad but even the fucking crap weak xbox 360 ps3 and wii U hardware can handle minecraft.

How will it control worse? Not much precision is needed for the game.

But yeah, your next sentence says it all. Sure the 360 and ps3 are weak in comparison to many PCs, they are hardly "fucking crap" when you look at games such as Gears of War 3 and Killzone 3.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By Xeiphyer

Great for people who aren't playing it on PC I guess, the small amount of people that they are.

The main issue is that it will get way behind in updates because of the speed they can clear Cert, or regular Minecraft updates will get slowed so they can have release parity with the 360 version, either way it sucks.

Of course, post Minecraft release we will probably see a substantial drop in patch frequency, so it might work out.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a0c35818923
    deactivated-62a0c35818923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does MS not allow in-client updates along the lines of how MAG works on the PS3? That game gets patched from the inside, so to speak, with the updates to the game not needing cert by Sony

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By GS_Dan

Is it still in Java? I have a hard time believing that MS would allow a java coded game on their platform...

Avatar image for gunstankscannon
    GunsTanksCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By GunsTanksCannon

Looking forward to this but really really hope the Kinect features are optional "enhancements". If I want to look like an ass and have a laugh, fire up Kinect.  If I want to play a game, let me do that!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.