Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

realms of grignarnia reborne (NEW SERVER 1.6.2 updated)

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Tarsier

join if you are looking for a BRAND NEW WORLD to create and enjoy. this isnt a giant bomb themed server but it is for giant bomb members and their friends. theres no age limit, or any crazy restrictive rules like you have to pass a personality test or show that youre mature enough to play here. its for everyone/anyone here. also, feel free to invite any of your friends who are not from giantbomb.

it is a survival server, the difficulty is normal, and its updated to the recent 1.6.2 update. we have an appreciation for minecraft as a 'game'. if you build something, you did it by actually working and using teamwork to gain resources, and that is what makes the creation an accomplishment and adds to the sense of adventure. we treat it as an RPG, so we dont use teleporting or flying or any 'op' abilities like that.

there is one mod currently being used on the server, customized for this experience, "biomes o plenty".. this mod adds a fair amount of new biomes and adds a lot to the feeling of exploring in an infinite virtual realm. it also has some new environmental items and new gems to dig for, and a special 'promised land' realm once you create the magic staff. this is one of the only mods ive been able to find that actually add to the experience of the server .

(im always open to mod suggestions. but keep in mind the balance of minecraft not only as a game but as a virtual immersion experience. when 'atmosmobs' gets updated its going to be put in right away, tweaked of course.)

here are the basic rules:

1. dont grief, steal or mess with people in any way that they would not wish you to (for example dont build right next to someones house without asking, they might have a plan for that area)

2. dont be a jerk, this is an obvious and basic thing and it shouldnt be a problem with giant bomb members

3. try not to do silly environmentally unfriendly things such as placing blocks in the water and destroying the ocean or placing lava in silly places or starting forest fires or things like that. you know the basic minecraft edicate!!

this isnt some kind of official minecraft community server and this is the only place ive opened it up to. so if you would like to join then post your minecraft name and why youre interested in joining, and ill send you the IP in a PM with instructions on how to install the mod and texture pack. very easy installing, and worth it for the next level mine craft experience that is the realms of grignarnia reborne.

for new minecraft players:

beginners minecraft scrolls

the files to play on the server are here. forge, MCpatcher, the texture pack, and the mods. the readme should make it easy to install , if not check the internet links which are inside the zip as well. when you are ready to get white listed post here or send a PM!

grignarnian realms mods andtextures

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SexyToad

You should post over here :D

But out of curiosity, how do you run the server? Do you just do off your computer or pay to have it host?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Hizang

@Tarsier: Hey I'm interested, send me a PM.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tarsier

@sexytoad said:

You should post over here :D

But out of curiosity, how do you run the server? Do you just do off your computer or pay to have it host?

yea i pay to have it hosted. its a pretty reliable host, no lag spikes or anything. and plenty of ram

the server has been down for a while now. if people are interested in getting back into this game and having their own personal minecraft experience this is the perfect opportunity! i will re open it if there are at least a few people interested .

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Oh, this is for Minecraft. Should have said that upfront.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tarsier

it was originally posted in the minecraft forum

fixed

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind checking this out if there was more than just you and I.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tarsier

yea i have about 7 people who are interested in getting back into this server. we are kind just waiting for something to happen that will resurrect our interest in the game itself. THIS could be that thing. an actual community forming would give us a new reason to play.

so yea, keep it in mind, if a couple more people show interest i will send PMs out when the server is going up.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the redstone update seems cool enough to get me back in , but i could just as well get what i want out of that in single player creative mode

you probably would need a much more costly server to run a feed the beast server , but thats got plenty of stuff im sure will interest many players , its a massive combined modpack like tekkit etc but even easier to use (on a client end at least eheh)

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tarsier

thanks for the input. i am definitely interested in modding the server, but we are quite picky with those things.. for example there are a lot of creatures in the mo' creatures mod that i would like to see in the game but im not sure if that has the ability to select the ones you like and the ones you dont? id like to get a better biome and cave generator as well, and maybe some more interesting dungeons and treasures to give more purpose to adventuring.

also, im not just interested in getting a massive playerbase. im interested in getting a little community going that will grow over time.

nice name / display pic btw. exai is a masterpiece

EDIT - i have since discovered a great biome generation mod and one that adds new animals to the game including birds and fish, and most are tamable like wolves. the above ground experience will have a bit more life to it. now i just need to get ahold of something that will make underground cave / dungeon exploration more interesting in a way that doesnt break the game. any suggestions?

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tarsier said:

thanks for the input. i am definitely interested in modding the server, but we are quite picky with those things.. for example there are a lot of creatures in the mo' creatures mod that i would like to see in the game but im not sure if that has the ability to select the ones you like and the ones you dont? id like to get a better biome and cave generator as well, and maybe some more interesting dungeons and treasures to give more purpose to adventuring.

also, im not just interested in getting a massive playerbase. im interested in getting a little community going that will grow over time.

nice name / display pic btw. exai is a masterpiece

EDIT - i have since discovered a great biome generation mod and one that adds new animals to the game including birds and fish, and most are tamable like wolves. the above ground experience will have a bit more life to it. now i just need to get ahold of something that will make underground cave / dungeon exploration more interesting in a way that doesnt break the game. any suggestions?

that wouldn't be mo creatures is it? I don't think we should go too crazy with the mods. but some that will enhance the gameplay, I think factions is a great plugin and a must have, plus it doesn't alter the gameplay too much so new people can catch on quick.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tarsier

yea its not mo creatures, its a different one called 'atmosmobs' which is customizable , you can take out the creatures that dont make sense in the world of minecraft. things like birds and fish i think are really going to help to make the game feel more alive.

and yea i agree you have to be very careful with the mods as to not break the original vibe. but i have found mods that allow you to customize so that it keeps the classic survival feel and doesnt imbalance the gameplay, they will just help to fine tune it to make it a better more full version of itself.

kellzors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kellzors

@tarsier: I'm kellzors and I'm interested in theses the multiplayer waters. If you're still looking for more players send me a PM.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SexyToad

@tarsier: is this going on? Or was I just not cool enough to join ):

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tarsier

it is definitely going on, but it was postponed because the interest wasnt there . i was hoping for at least 4 - 5 players.

with you, kellzors, hizang and envane there might be enough to warrant starting .. my friends have been bugging me as well . i just dont want to start paying for a server that dies off quickly, id like it to have a reasonable playerbase to start, and then grow from there .

also, ive been looking for the perfect selection of mods and bukkit plugins.. another reason ive been waiting to start it was because i did find that selection , but the maker of atmosmobs has taken a long time to update to 1.5 . if interest in this server grows to the point that its worth it to start it up without atmosmobs i will do it.

also, i think at that point i will post the mod / plugin list and see if anyone has any more suggestions .

carlos707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By carlos707

This sounds great. please send me the server info when you get this running. I am mainly looking to do a lot of mining adventures. I wont break anything.

carlos707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tarsier: This sounds great. please send me the server info when you get this running. I am mainly looking to do a lot of mining adventures. I wont break anything.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tarsier
    SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SexyToad

@tarsier said:

allright ive sent PMs to everyone who said they were interested. the server is finally up, the player cap is higher than we previously thought so if anyone has friends to invite it would be great!

Great! I may have 3-4 friends that may be interested, assuming this server is as awesome it was hyped up to be :D

Anyways, I replied to the email and I am ready to go!

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Tarsier
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
     we chopped its wool with scissors
    we chopped its wool with scissors
    No Caption Provided
    coktar protects the squids from dreadman posioning
    coktar protects the squids from dreadman posioning
    No Caption Provided
    max gets wild at the moon
    max gets wild at the moon
    i dont want to utter what happened when we tried to go asleep in this accursed marsh land... a nameless supernatural darkling unlike anything these adventurers had ever seen.
    i dont want to utter what happened when we tried to go asleep in this accursed marsh land... a nameless supernatural darkling unlike anything these adventurers had ever seen.

im sorry that i couldnt find out how to make it a spoiler.

i play as max who sailed in and out of weeks and almost over a year to this new land to solve a mystery unknown. and carmine is a primitive dwarf named coktar who seeks riches in the mountains . who knows what kind of kooky things these two will get up to, and also what kind of friends they will meet along the way??

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.