Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

M 16/Famas overpowered.

• 115 results
    denryu12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By denryu12

The  F2000 beats all assault rifle hands down, To the point where i feel its unfair that im using it . coming close is the m16 tho.

R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By R3Qui4M
    @ShaunassNZ: Stopping Power and Hardline are tier 2 so you can't equip both
    ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By ShaunassNZ
    @R3Qui4M said:
    " @ShaunassNZ: Stopping Power and Hardline are tier 2 so you can't equip both "
    Oh did I say that, I mean I've got Stopping power Pro, Commando Pro, and Sight of Hand Pro. These work great I'm able to have a lot more power with is I reload shitter fast and I can melee longer range and jump out of high building and not lose any health. Also seen as though it's a FAMAS they are stronger but are 3 burst shot, though I did convince my friend that it was fully automatic without even saying anything.
    adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By adziboy
    @Chokobo said:
    "I like the FAL, AUG, and WA2000.  If a whole team is using Stopping Power, they are powerless to defend against killstreaks for the most part. "

...even though Stopping power makes it easier to take down killstreaks in the air? Also, you can take down anything even if you have no perks because you can just equip a stinger/RPG/javelin etc 

And they do more damage to Sentrys. If anything it's easier. Cold-blooded can help but if the ENTIRE team has stopping power than anything will go down quick. 

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#105  Edited By Brendan

Alright everyone, wait for it...BAM! 

That's called the logic hammer.
    Hitzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Hitzel
    @Biohazardous said:
    "The bursts just aren't fast enough regardless of which weapon you are using to make it feasible for you to turn and pop a shot off, because the guy at your side is going to be able to hit you before you can line up your shot. With an automatic weapon, you can start shooting as you aim, while with a burst weapon you are kind of forced to line up before each shot. As a result, an enemy who can get you in a position where you don't have the time to line the shot up is going to have the advantage."
    Sleight of Hand Pro makes it so that you can shoot the M16 / Famas as fast as you can react.  Try it.  Also, a player who catches an enemy in a situation where the enemy can't line up a shot in time is going to get the kill no matter what weapons are being used.
    MrJiggerski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#107  Edited By MrJiggerski

OK, I prestiged and went with the famas - shit is weak as hell. 

M16 and ACR seem to be the way to go.
    wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#108  Edited By wealllikepie

its all bout the ACR ;)

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By Alexander
    @extremeradical said:
    " I would say the M93 Raffica is the weapon to beat. It's an M16 - pistolized. "
    That's interesting, I have yet to actually use that gun, shall give it a go.
    ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#110  Edited By ErgoProxy77

I think eventually, every weapon combination and perk will be bitched about......

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#111  Edited By ShinjiEx

use em or don't & get owned by them simple as that! besides we AR users need something strong enough to stop those Akimbo shotgun nOObs in there tracks the answer a freaking M16 or FAMAS!

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By Shadow

They don't complain about it because the best weapon in the game by far is the 1887

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Aquablak

If you can aim and pull the trigger super fast the FAL is absolutely monstrous.  I don't bother using Stopping Power 'cause 3 bullets is all you need with that gun.  My ratio's been climbing steadily ever since settling on the FAL for every map, every situation.

kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#114  Edited By kenya24

I don't find the Famas or the M16 overpowered at all. Even at a distance, I prefer other ARs (ACR or Scar). I don't like not killing the guy on the 3-round burst, then sitting there and waiting before I can fire again. I like my bullets on demand.

I've been trying to play with all the other rifles lately for points and to check things out, and I still always find myself going back to the ACR and the Scar. Basically, the ARs are really balanced... you can use any of them and be successful if you use them right.

The FAL has been climbing on my list, and I'm really trying to like the Tar-21, but it's almost "no-grip LMG" wild when you let it just go.

Am I the only one who can't play with an AR without having Scavenger as a perk? If I don't, I run out of bullets long before I'm ready to die. I'm not a spammer... but I'm liberal with the trigger.

The 1887's though are insanely overpowered. Last night alone, I was hunting a sniper, and he popped around a corner and just fired. Even in his killcam, all you can see of me was the tip of my elbow and my foot as I was sprinting away. But I died. I don't think he even aimed. He wasn't that close to me, but wasn't that far either. I think the damage they deal is fine... the but range is insanely too long.

Avatar image for computerplayer1
    Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#115  Edited By Computerplayer1

Forget talking about the guns, they aren't really overpowered it's just people getting proficient with them after 48 hours of use.  

My big gripe is final stand. You can't kill them until their animation finishes, but they can shoot you on the way down. When you play hardcore like I do, that means you die way too much from that garbage.

I wouldn't complain about that if when you shoot them in the upper chest/neck/head region they stayed down, but apparently they're still capable of both staying alive, and shooting you.

To fix that perk they AT LEAST need to make your vision horribly impaired while downed. I mean, hell, if I got shot in the chest three times by an M16, I know my vision and manual dexterity wouldn't be top notch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.