Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Matchmaking favouring americans way too much

phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By phonics

People from Australia obivously suffer from this but are there any europeans here who are sick of constantly joining games hosted by an 8 year old texan on a 1mb connection? I have a 12mb line with a realistic speed of about 10mbps down and 1 up and I've gotten a green connection ONCE (3 bars). 99% of the time its 2 yellow bars. Am I really the only european playing this game?

For the record I almost never got a bad connection on CoD4 and WaW.

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
    Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee

Are you sure the guy that's hosting has a 1 Mb connection, or do you think that maybe your connection issues stem from having to connect across an ocean and then halfway across a continent?  If he's getting host, it's because he's had the better history of hosting. 

skavanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By skavanker

I think most games I have joined is hosted somewhere in Europe. Mostly people speak British or Dutch. (I'm from Norway)

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne

I have a 12mb line with a realistic speed of about 10mbps down and 1 up and I've gotten a green connection ONCE  

Ping has little to do with bandwith, my friend. If you connect from Australia to the US, you're not gonna have the greatest ping, regardless of whether both of you dl with 4000GB/s or not.
    phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By phonics
    @Fish_Face_McGee: Why is the matchmaking making me 'having to connect across an ocean and then halfway across a continent' 
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Out_On_Bail

In the morning if I play I only connect to Europeans, in the evening I only connect to Americans. I'm thinking it's just a matter of what time you are playing and who is on most at that time. I've had a few problems with matchmaking, but nothing as serious as you.

skavanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By skavanker
    @Phonics said:

" @Fish_Face_McGee: Why is the matchmaking making me 'having to connect across an ocean and then halfway across a continent'  "

Does it happen every game? My guess is sometimes there is to few Australians playing to make a full game. 
    phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By phonics
    @Meowayne: I just mentioned my connection speed so people wouldnt say 'well maybe you ARE playing with people from europe but your connection sucks'

@skavanker: I'm in europe, I'm sure theres enough people to make a hundred games for every playlist at any given time, yet I'm being matched with americans.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I kind of agree.  Almost always my connection is 2 bars (yellow) and I live in Canada.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Most games i join are from the UK. But when i do join a US game, yes i do see a big difference in lag and the bars go down 1. I'm in Ireland.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By natetodamax

I more concerned about the immature children that populate Europe that insist on calling me a faggot because I said one word.

But really, the only insane lag I've encountered when playing with foreign people was when a friend and I played with some dudes who were from France or something.

MetalR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MetalR

I have never had those problems and I played with a lot of americans, weird.

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Manatassi

I seem to get games from the UK most of the time. I Haven't had any problems with lag even when Americans join so far.

toast_burner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By toast_burner

this is a problem that happens in alot of games (mainly on the 360) which is annoying since there are alot of annoying stupid americans
    Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Manatassi
    @toast_burner:  Ok thats just incorrect!  

the mainly 360 comment that is :P
    toast_burner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By toast_burner
    @Manatassi said:
    " @toast_burner:  Ok thats just incorrect!   the mainly 360 comment that is :P "

from my experience that is. on the ps3 im usally put into games in europe on the 360 i usally get put in a game in america 
    but of course i dont represent every one
    kingkorn69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kingkorn69

Lets put this right I live in the uk and there are many annoying people from every country and city!  I got most annoying peeps from up north! Liverpool and Newcastle are the worst for me.  Plus I can never understand them!  So like any good American there is someother 14 kid that plays way too much and loves to call my either Poofter or they keep calling me stupid American.  Any better then the Americans, I think not

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18  Edited By Symphony

Hmm... when it searches for a game it says "Finding games - 50ms ping"

Maybe you're just not finding any so its resorting to higher ping games.

Food

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Food

life favors americans.

toast_burner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By toast_burner
    @kingkorn69 said:
    "Lets put this right I live in the uk and there are many annoying people from every country and city!  I got most annoying peeps from up north! Liverpool and Newcastle are the worst for me.  Plus I can never understand them!  So like any good American there is someother 14 kid that plays way too much and loves to call my either Poofter or they keep calling me stupid American.  Any better then the Americans, I think not "

there are alot of scum but i think the Americans take the medal when it comes to stupid 10-14 year olds. some 10 year old american on halo 3 thought England was part of America.  
    ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ahriman22
    @toast_burner:  bet he didn't know that not that long ago it was the other way around.

I rarely get below 3 bars (I live in Canada) even if I'm connecting to people that live in Europe. Ping issues only arise when I play with Australians.
    Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aetos

In live in the United States and late at night I connect to a lot of people from the UK. Don't have to much lag though. (on the ps3) 
    I've seen some Australians but they are usually lagging pretty bad.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CandleJakk
    @toast_burner: My gamer profile on Live comes courtesy of some 13 year old American dickwad on CoD4.

He'd said something racist and me and two mates (before days of party chat) were on public chat. This kid starts being really, really fucking intolerant of everyone, so we, in no short terms explained why he was a douche bag.
    Someone else in the lobby said "What are you fags, stupid?" (He clearly didn't understand what was said)
    Kid's response: "He's from British, what do you expect, cleverness?"

Oh. God. The lulz that were caused.
    Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Synthballs

Australians get raped, was nearly unplayable last night. I've noticed anyone from Australia having the [AUS] clan title just so we can find each other in games and not go through bullshit. Fuck out inferior internet. FIX IT K RUDD!

dopeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dopeman

Although i am sympathetic for fellow australians i rarely get a laggy game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.