Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Modern Warfare 2 DLC - Shoddy Ports

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By wh1terav3n

Looking at this DLC comparison video of COD4 Crash to MW2's Crash. I have to say, wow did they do a horrid job. The map looks far far worse than even COD4. Check out 1:06 and you'll see my disgusted moment, though pretty much every part of this video disgusted me.  IW if you're going to port a map, here's a small hint. Make it look better at LEAST.

G4 Crash Comparison Video

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Donos

Um.... say what now? The Modern Warfare 2 version looks significantly better. Maybe you don't like that they applied a heavier haze-effect in the new version, but if you actually stop and look at the environment, its much better.

walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By walreese55

This is just sad, and further reminder why cod4 was miles better than mw2

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By wh1terav3n
    @Donos: Really, I highly disagree, I think that it looks much blurrier and the shadows are far less pronounced. The textures look poorer too, if you look at say an Air Conditioner on the sides of some buildings.
    CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CABBAGES

looks to me like the mw2 brightness and contrast have been messed about  with.
    walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By walreese55

The textures on mw2 look a lot blurrier than cod4. The chopper and the two-story across the chopper look significantly less detailed.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Donos
    @wh1terav3n:  I guess that's where we disagree. Blurriness and fewer shadows are both caused by the haze effect, which I think is intentional, and I suppose is a matter of taste. On the other hand, if they're porting old maps, you would expect them to change as few things as possible, instead of adding haze. As for the textures, I think it depends where you look. When the camera goes up the stairs, the walls look way, way better in MW2.
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By metal_mills
    @Donos said:

" Um.... say what now? The Modern Warfare 2 version looks significantly better. Maybe you don't like that they applied a heavier haze-effect in the new version, but if you actually stop and look at the environment, its much better. "

Err, no. Not at all. The CoD4 versions are equal or better. The MW2 versions aren't anything like "significantly better".
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9  Edited By Symphony

Holy crap! Call quality control! The contrast has been turned up in MW2, making the maps clearly unplayable pieces of crap. I am absolutely appalled!

Good find, OP, your contribution to the gaming community will be forever remembered! 

I'm only pretending to overreact to something so incredibly trivial. What's your excuse?

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CornontheCobbe

The only thing i noticed in Crash is the dumpster in by the wall of the Sniper Tower has been moved.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hitchenson

So the contrast has been turned up in MW2, eh? WELL STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES!

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pessh

Shoddy thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.