Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

***SPOILERS*** Single player campaign turning point

threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By threeve

I have to admit I haven't been able to play more than about an hour at a time on this single player campaign so far without getting bored.  The first few missions were especially boring overall to me.  Not because the game is bad mind you, but because it's just an FPS, the same one I've played many times. 

BUT

I really started to enjoy it starting with the mission to the oil rig, where the things that make modern warfare single player really good started showing up in force.  I'm talking about the slo-mo door breaches and fighting through the smoke with thermal scopes, shooting down a helicopter like it's no thing.  Then into the prison starting with sniping from a helicopter, smashing NPCs with riot shields, just stuff you haven't done before in games, even if it's simple and just a short segment, it's just COOL.  And then...... 

Blew my mind.  That's where I am now.  I really like how MW breaks up the monotony with crazy stuff like ridiculous snowmobile chase, ice pick climbing, TV missile guiding, and all the other stuff mentioned above as well as the same type stuff that was in MW1.  Also the No Russian mission was was excellent in presentation - Maybe I'm just slow but I didn't see it coming.  Much like the nuclear explosion in MW1.  Just my thoughts, I like the campaign, it's fun.  Playing on PC.
    Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Alphazero

"This belongs to you, sir."

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

i had fun throughout. when you found out who 627 was, it just got crazy. the game got on this thrill ride that didn't stop and it was tons of fun 

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Wildfire570

My eyes gleamed with joy when I found out who prisoner 627 was.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By lemon360
    @AjayRaz said:
    " i had fun throughout. when you found out who 627 was, it just got crazy. the game got on this thrill ride that didn't stop and it was tons of fun  "
    it was tons of poopy
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By zeforgotten

I was screaming like a little schoolgirl when I saw that .. I mean.. When I saw.. that Prisoner 627 was.. that man 
    FUCK IT! IF PEOPLE HAVEN'T BEATEN IT YET! FUCK YOU! YOU SUCK! 
    Captain fucking Price, right there.. his moustache. In my face..  
    BOOM! It felt awesome!

SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SammydesinasNL

'Who's Soap?'
    MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By MistaSparkle

Idk if anyone remembers but this one guy on here made a post about the style of ressucitation done on Price in the first game, and he concluded that the outcome of that specific procedure was Price's death. It was too detailed to not believe, so when I saw Price again I was kinda annoyed. But i dont really care so much, and i still love the game.
    Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always been a COD fan and I personally loved MW2.  

RAMIREZ! DO EVERYTHING!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By TheHT

RAMIREZ! Bring da amba-lamp.

Yeah that was one of the most omgwtfbbq moments for sure. Gotta love em.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RTSlord

possibly my favorite moment was fighting through the prison. or DC at night, that was crazy
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Ryax

i like price the best because he survived WWII and most wars from then on, im assuming. 

BrendenDonaher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BrendenDonaher
    @Ryax said:
    " i like price the best because he survived WWII and most wars from then on, im assuming.  "
    You realize World War 2 took place more than 60 years before Modern Warfare 2. Anywho. Now that we have that dealt with let me chime in.  

I beat the game a few days after I got it on launch and it was thrilling the whole way through. Non stop, just wish it was longer. When I saw Price I flipped shit and rejoiced... then came the ending.. OMG SOOO GOOD.
    fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By fillmoejoe
    @SammydesinasNL said:
    " 'Who's Soap?' "
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Whisperkill

The whole game is a constant action packed roller coaster ride, how do you get bored?

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ghostiet
    @BrendenDonaher said:

" @Ryax said:
    " i like price the best because he survived WWII and most wars from then on, im assuming.  "You realize World War 2 took place more than 60 years before Modern Warfare 2. "

And you realize that the age gap is not even close to preventing Price from participating in WW2?
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By penguindust

"Wolverines" is my favorite chapter in the single-player campaign but there is another "turning point" later in the game where the whole thing goes out the window, and I ceased to care about what was going on.    

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By withateethuh
    @Ghostiet said:
    " @BrendenDonaher said:

" @Ryax said:
    " i like price the best because he survived WWII and most wars from then on, im assuming.  "You realize World War 2 took place more than 60 years before Modern Warfare 2. "

And you realize that the age gap is not even close to preventing Price from participating in WW2? "
    1940. 2010 (first MW) 60 Years. Are you...like...stupid?
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Gabriel
    @PenguinDust said:
    " "Wolverines" is my favorite chapter in the single-player campaign but there is another "turning point" later in the game where the whole thing goes out the window, and I ceased to care about what was going on.    

"
    I liked loose ends, the story is like an 80's action movie but without the cheese, which is kinda dissipointing.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By vidiot
    @threeve said:
    I really started to enjoy it starting with the mission to the oil rig, where the things that make modern warfare single player really good started showing up in force.  I'm talking about the slo-mo door breaches and fighting through the smoke with thermal scopes, shooting down a helicopter like it's no thing.  Then into the prison starting with sniping from a helicopter, smashing NPCs with riot shields, just stuff you haven't done before in games, even if it's simple and just a short segment, it's just COOL.  And then...... 

Sorry to nitpick: But smashing people with riot shields, and sniping from helicopters have been done a bunch before. Your last sentence gives off the impression that MW2 originated these concepts.
    threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By threeve

Well I've never done it before in games, maybe helicopter sniping, but Riot Shields was new to me.  Either way, yes that is nitpicky.  

Finished it last night.  I liked the final chapter of MW1 better, but that's not to say I didn't like this one.  I really liked the "just like old times" mission.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ghostiet
    @withateethuh said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    " @BrendenDonaher said:

" @Ryax said:

And you realize that the age gap is not even close to preventing Price from participating in WW2? "
    1940. 2010 (first MW) 60 Years. Are you...like...stupid? "

First, it was 1939, September 1st, the Germans attack the Polish peninsula Westerplatte. So yeah, are you...like...stupid? Or just typically uneducated?

Second, Price is so badass he probably was the Fourth Musketeer alongside Porthos, Athos and Aramis, so 60 years are probably not even a busy weekend in his calendar.

Third, you are the moron lacking a sense of humour here, because I couldn't really be more obvious and ironic in that post.

Avatar image for 345t3rfgsdfwsdf
    34wsdfsdfwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By 34wsdfsdfwe
    @Ghostiet:
    Word!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.