Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

The Fanboy Reality Argument

• 65 results
    Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Relys

Am I the only one sick of fanboys blindly rushing to this games defense? They tell me to shut up because "this is a video game, not reality". I DON'T GIVE A GODDAMN FUCK IF EVERYTHING IS ULTRA REALISTIC OR FULL OF FLYING TEDDIE BEARS! I just want a fun and balanced game, that rewards general strategy and player skill. Using the reality defense argument is just trying to change the subject instead of talking about how we can fix this utterly broken game.

I don't care if the guns recoil is ultra realistic, and I don't care if players can survive ultra unrealistic explosions and bullet wounds. We spend so much time arguing about the stupid little differences, that we neglect that big stupid similarities. Let's band together and push for a fair playing field that rewards actual playing of the game. *coughkillstreakscough*

Don't mind me, I'm just venting...

dutch42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dutch42
    @Relys said:
      Don't mind me, I'm just venting... "
    k
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

The point of MW2 is not to be realistic, it's to be fun.  That is all.  If you want a realistic shooter, play Arma II or something because Modern Warfare is obviously not for you.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By TomA

i didnt read that

laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By laticsfan

I definatly wouldn't call it a broken game, far from it. Big Rigs..................now theres a broken game.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Relys
    @FluxWaveZ said:

" The point of MW2 is not to be realistic, it's to be fun.  That is all.  If you want a realistic shooter, play Arma II or something because Modern Warfare is obviously not for you. "

Are you trying to troll? Did you even read my post?

Thanks for being a prime example of the fallacy I am trying to point out. I don't care if it's realistic or not, I just want a fun game.
    Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Hannibal

lol, "blindly."

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Relys

@Hannibal said:
    " lol, "blindly." "

lol, "shitpost."

@TomA said:

" i didnt read that "

cool story bro.
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

There is nothing wrong with MW2. 

u03mja3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By u03mja3
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:

" There is nothing wrong with MW2.  "

Cheers for the update Robert Bowling
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#11  Edited By ArbitraryWater

*Yawn* Oh look. Another MW2 hate thread. Move along people.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Pie

So  MC locc was set up by who?

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By vidiot
    @u03mja3 said:
    " @MAN_FLANNEL said:

" There is nothing wrong with MW2.  "

Cheers for the update Robert Bowling
    "
    :P I lol'd :P
    Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Hannibal
    @Relys said:
    " @FluxWaveZ said:

" The point of MW2 is not to be realistic, it's to be fun.  That is all.  If you want a realistic shooter, play Arma II or something because Modern Warfare is obviously not for you. "

Are you trying to troll? Did you even read my post?  Thanks for being a prime example of the fallacy I am trying to point out. I don't care if it's realistic or not, I just want a fun game. "
    Others find the game fun.
    Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Famov
    @Relys said:
    "Am I the only one sick of fanboys blindly rushing to this games defense? They tell me to shut up because "this is a video game, not reality". I DON'T GIVE A GODDAMN FUCK IF EVERYTHING IS ULTRA REALISTIC OR FULL OF FLYING TEDDIE BEARS! I just want a fun and balanced game, that rewards general strategy and player skill. Using the reality defense argument is just trying to change the subject instead of talking about how we can fix this utterly broken game.

I don't care if the guns recoil is ultra realistic, and I don't care if players can survive ultra unrealistic explosions and bullet wounds. We spend so much time arguing about the stupid little differences, that we neglect that big stupid similarities. Let's band together and push for a fair playing field that rewards actual playing of the game. *coughkillstreakscough*  Don't mind me, I'm just venting... "
    No, you're wrong. The game has to be neither balanced nor ultra realistic. Instead, it should be an enjoyable experience for people who are easy going and want to have a good time. That's why they call them video games.

The game itself should be the reward for playing it. If, for whatever reason, you do not find that this is the case with Modern Warfare 2, then you should probably move on to something else.

People may choose to 'rush' to the game's defense because fun hating individuals such as yourself see it necessary to attack software that they have purchased and enjoy. If you cannot enjoy it, and are venting because you are annoyed that people have the gall to enjoy a game, perhaps you are the one with the problem.
    calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By calidan777
    @Famov said:
    " @Relys said:
    "Am I the only one sick of fanboys blindly rushing to this games defense? They tell me to shut up because "this is a video game, not reality". I DON'T GIVE A GODDAMN FUCK IF EVERYTHING IS ULTRA REALISTIC OR FULL OF FLYING TEDDIE BEARS! I just want a fun and balanced game, that rewards general strategy and player skill. Using the reality defense argument is just trying to change the subject instead of talking about how we can fix this utterly broken game.

I don't care if the guns recoil is ultra realistic, and I don't care if players can survive ultra unrealistic explosions and bullet wounds. We spend so much time arguing about the stupid little differences, that we neglect that big stupid similarities. Let's band together and push for a fair playing field that rewards actual playing of the game. *coughkillstreakscough*  Don't mind me, I'm just venting... "
    No, you're wrong. The game has to be neither balanced nor ultra realistic. Instead, it should be an enjoyable experience for people who are easy going and want to have a good time. That's why they call them video games. The game itself should be the reward for playing it. If, for whatever reason, you do not find that this is the case with Modern Warfare 2, then you should probably move on to something else.People may choose to 'rush' to the game's defense because fun hating individuals such as yourself see it necessary to attack software that they have purchased and enjoy. If you cannot enjoy it, and are venting because you are annoyed that people have the gall to enjoy a game, perhaps you are the one with the problem. "
    This.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By crunchUK

The problem with modern warfare 2 is that ultimately, nothing exciting ever happens. Everyone is too busy fighting over their favourite camp spots so that they can camp in them so that they can level up. It's boring. Really really boring combined with all the glitches, poor map design and other things. In halo 3, you work together, you use strategy and teamwork and it's epic every single game and not BECAUSE it requires skill, games that rely on reflex and aiming skill generally aren't that great, but because they haven't sacrificed all depth, variety, tactics and longevity to make it easier for people.  

MW2 is also so poorly designed. The maps are WTF on a stick, so are the spawns, so is the weapon balancing. So is the nuke boosting. It took me 12 or so games of MW2 to realize the extent of the terribleness. By comparison, 7100 games of halo 3 and apart from a couple of icky maps it just works so well and everything really is near towards flawless, being able to withstand 1.5 billion games of exploitative players without becoming a broken mess.

And in advance... if the word halo offends you, grow a pair. And an argument. If you object to me using a game which i have had vast experience of all different kinds as reference, chances are you don't really have anything at all to say to the discussion.

priorityseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By priorityseven
    @Relys said:
    "
      @Hannibal said:
    " lol, "blindly." "

lol, "shitpost."

@TomA said:

" i didnt read that "

cool story bro. "
    You're not doing yourself any favors, champ.  Quit while you're ahead.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SeriouslyNow

MW2 = MW - lean + lots of homoerotic glitz + Tom Clancy dramaz + killstreaks_to_empower_nubs 

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Three0neFive
    @Relys said:
    " Am I the only one sick of fanboys blindly rushing to this games defense? They tell me to shut up because "this is a video game, not reality". I DON'T GIVE A GODDAMN FUCK IF EVERYTHING IS ULTRA REALISTIC OR FULL OF FLYING TEDDIE BEARS! I just want a fun and balanced game, that rewards general strategy and player skill. Using the reality defense argument is just trying to change the subject instead of talking about how we can fix this utterly broken game.

I really, REALLY don't have a problem with games being unrealistic/realistic. I do, however, have a problem with little kids thinking they know everything there is to know about firearms and thinking they'd be "so uber pro in the army" because they prestiged in Call of Duty. Which, from my experience, 90% of the people who play MW2 fall into this category.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Relys said:
    " @FluxWaveZ said:

Are you trying to troll? Did you even read my post?  Thanks for being a prime example of the fallacy I am trying to point out. I don't care if it's realistic or not, I just want a fun game. "
    The hell?  I was supporting your argument.  Did you read my post?
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By natetodamax
    @crunchUK said:
    " The problem with modern warfare 2 is that ultimately, nothing exciting ever happens. Everyone is too busy fighting over their favourite camp spots so that they can camp in them so that they can level up. It's boring. Really really boring combined with all the glitches, poor map design and other things. In halo 3, you work together, you use strategy and teamwork and it's epic every single game and not BECAUSE it requires skill, games that rely on reflex and aiming skill generally aren't that great, but because they haven't sacrificed all depth, variety, tactics and longevity to make it easier for people.   MW2 is also so poorly designed. The maps are WTF on a stick, so are the spawns, so is the weapon balancing. So is the nuke boosting. It took me 12 or so games of MW2 to realize the extent of the terribleness. By comparison, 7100 games of halo 3 and apart from a couple of icky maps it just works so well and everything really is near towards flawless, being able to withstand 1.5 billion games of exploitative players without becoming a broken mess. And in advance... if the word halo offends you, grow a pair. And an argument. If you object to me using a game which i have had vast experience of all different kinds as reference, chances are you don't really have anything at all to say to the discussion. "
    First Bold: Quite the contrary, actually. There are too many "exciting" things going on at once that it just gets tiring. First you're getting shot at by a harrier, and then a helicopter comes, and then AC-130 comes, and then EMP, and then more helicopters, and it just goes on and on.

Second Bold: Several times while playing Halo 3 I've spawned right in front of enemies, and on some of those occasions they either warped towards me for an instant melee kill or they warped towards me with the sword and eliminated me.

Third Bold: The word Halo doesn't "offend" me, what does is that you always feel the need to explain how Halo 3 is absolutely amazing and how whatever you're comparing it to sucks. There's nothing wrong with using a game you like as a reference, but do not say that Halo 3 is perfect in every way. No game is.
    Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
    Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Relys said:
    " @FluxWaveZ said:

The hell?  I was supporting your argument.  Did you read my post? "
    I'm wondering the same thing. I just think he's a little overdefensive at the moment.

But seriously, there's been millions of threads about this... And I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that MW2 is not meant to be a combat simulator.
    adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By adziboy
    @Relys said:
    "@FluxWaveZ said:

@Relys:  
    But that's the point of HIS post. MW2 is not for you if you don't find it fun.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CL60

GiantBomb...the place where everybody yells at you if you say you don't like MW2 and point out it's obvious problems.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By crunchUK
    @natetodamax said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " The problem with modern warfare 2 is that ultimately, nothing exciting ever happens. Everyone is too busy fighting over their favourite camp spots so that they can camp in them so that they can level up. It's boring. Really really boring combined with all the glitches, poor map design and other things. In halo 3, you work together, you use strategy and teamwork and it's epic every single game and not BECAUSE it requires skill, games that rely on reflex and aiming skill generally aren't that great, but because they haven't sacrificed all depth, variety, tactics and longevity to make it easier for people.   MW2 is also so poorly designed. The maps are WTF on a stick, so are the spawns, so is the weapon balancing. So is the nuke boosting. It took me 12 or so games of MW2 to realize the extent of the terribleness. By comparison, 7100 games of halo 3 and apart from a couple of icky maps it just works so well and everything really is near towards flawless, being able to withstand 1.5 billion games of exploitative players without becoming a broken mess. And in advance... if the word halo offends you, grow a pair. And an argument. If you object to me using a game which i have had vast experience of all different kinds as reference, chances are you don't really have anything at all to say to the discussion. "
    First Bold: Quite the contrary, actually. There are too many "exciting" things going on at once that it just gets tiring. First you're getting shot at by a harrier, and then a helicopter comes, and then AC-130 comes, and then EMP, and then more helicopters, and it just goes on and on.  Second Bold: Several times while playing Halo 3 I've spawned right in front of enemies, and on some of those occasions they either warped towards me for an instant melee kill or they warped towards me with the sword and eliminated me.  Third Bold: The word Halo doesn't "offend" me, what does is that you always feel the need to explain how Halo 3 is absolutely amazing and how whatever you're comparing it to sucks. There's nothing wrong with using a game you like as a reference, but do not say that Halo 3 is perfect in every way. No game is. "
    Yes, but none of those are "exciting" things. Pretty much all of them are just automated nonsense put in there to hide the lack of actual things going on. They just get old and irritating after a few games as you soon realize you are jumping through the exact same hoops over and over and over purely because there is so little player involvement. 

Secondly, i would love to know what map and gametype that was on. Sure spawnkilling happens when the other team is set up well enough, but spawning right in front?  Anyway, funny you chose to bring up halo instead of MW2, particularly after your last paragraph.

And lastly, i never said halo 3 was perfect.  Relative to the ridiculously poor polish of some other games though... you can't help but realize how ridiculously well made it is, even if you've made a crap ton of posts on bungie.net on how it could be better and this and that.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By natetodamax
    @crunchUK said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    First Bold: Quite the contrary, actually. There are too many "exciting" things going on at once that it just gets tiring. First you're getting shot at by a harrier, and then a helicopter comes, and then AC-130 comes, and then EMP, and then more helicopters, and it just goes on and on.  Second Bold: Several times while playing Halo 3 I've spawned right in front of enemies, and on some of those occasions they either warped towards me for an instant melee kill or they warped towards me with the sword and eliminated me.  Third Bold: The word Halo doesn't "offend" me, what does is that you always feel the need to explain how Halo 3 is absolutely amazing and how whatever you're comparing it to sucks. There's nothing wrong with using a game you like as a reference, but do not say that Halo 3 is perfect in every way. No game is. "
    Yes, but none of those are "exciting" things. Pretty much all of them are just automated nonsense put in there to hide the lack of actual things going on. They just get old and irritating after a few games as you soon realize you are jumping through the exact same hoops over and over and over purely because there is so little player involvement.  Secondly, i would love to know what map and gametype that was on. Sure spawnkilling happens when the other team is set up well enough, but spawning right in front?  Anyway, funny you chose to bring up halo instead of MW2, particularly after your last paragraph. And lastly, i never said halo 3 was perfect.  Relative to the ridiculously poor polish of some other games though... you can't help but realize how ridiculously well made it is, even if you've made a crap ton of posts on bungie.net on how it could be better and this and that. "
    Firstly, some people may consider those things to be exciting, while other people like you will not. Secondly, I do not remember what map or gametype those were. I usually play Team Slayer (I know, shame on me). And lastly, you never explicitly said Halo 3 was perfect, but you certainly said it was near flawless, and you like to explain how Halo 3 has no issues that any other game has. And I've also noticed that you resort to ridiculous assumptions to help your arguments, in this case saying I've made a crap ton of posts on bungie.net. First of all, I haven't been to that website in probably a year, and second of all, I have never posted there once. Saying stupid things like this makes your argument even less valid.
    Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Relys
    Ok, let me try to express my feelings in a more understandable way.

I have loved the Call of Duty series because of it's focus on split second reaction and precise aiming. I absolutely loved Call of Duty 2 and I still think it's one of the best mutiplayer shooters out there. Same goes for Call of  Duty 4, although there were a few annoyances (such as juggernaut and martyrdom), the fast passed multiplayer, the great maps, and the rewarding yet respectable killstreaks made it all worthwhile. They were easily forgiven, as playing the game was still the main focus. Modern Warfare 2 isn't about playing the game, it's about sitting in a corner and controlling air support from above to mow down defenseless combat units. It takes everything I loved about the Call of Duty series, and completely reams it. 

Why I hate the fanboy reality argument, is because instead of supporting the ideas for balancing issues, they ignore the OP's intents and complain about how it's "just a game", therefore somehow (in their minds) discredit the OP.

Instead of leaving out the M16 Infinity Ward decided to make EVERY OTHER RIFLE LIKE IT. They reward camping with heartbeat sensors and ridiculous kill streaks, which ruins the other part of Call of Duty that I like, objective gametypes. And that good sirs, is what I have against Camp of Duty: Modern Campfare 2.

I guess what I am really upset about is the direction the IP has changed... I bought Modern Warfare 2 expecting another Call of Duty game, instead I find a game ridden with bugs/glitches, terrible maps, and an uncanny support for cheap tactics and n00b players. I guess Activision really should have dropped the name on the box art, as Modern Warfare 2 is truly a discredit to the Call of Duty franchise and a disgrace to serious multiplayer gamers every ware.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crunchUK
    @natetodamax said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    Yes, but none of those are "exciting" things. Pretty much all of them are just automated nonsense put in there to hide the lack of actual things going on. They just get old and irritating after a few games as you soon realize you are jumping through the exact same hoops over and over and over purely because there is so little player involvement.  Secondly, i would love to know what map and gametype that was on. Sure spawnkilling happens when the other team is set up well enough, but spawning right in front?  Anyway, funny you chose to bring up halo instead of MW2, particularly after your last paragraph. And lastly, i never said halo 3 was perfect.  Relative to the ridiculously poor polish of some other games though... you can't help but realize how ridiculously well made it is, even if you've made a crap ton of posts on bungie.net on how it could be better and this and that. "
    Firstly, some people may consider those things to be exciting, while other people like you will not. Secondly, I do not remember what map or gametype those were. I usually play Team Slayer (I know, shame on me). And lastly, you never explicitly said Halo 3 was perfect, but you certainly said it was near flawless, and you like to explain how Halo 3 has no issues that any other game has. And I've also noticed that you resort to ridiculous assumptions to help your arguments, in this case saying I've made a crap ton of posts on bungie.net. First of all, I haven't been to that website in probably a year, and second of all, I have never posted there once. Saying stupid things like this makes your argument even less valid. "
    No, i've made a crap ton of posts. Reading fail. So, yeah... And again, all relative.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By natetodamax
    @crunchUK said:

" @natetodamax said:

" @crunchUK said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    Firstly, some people may consider those things to be exciting, while other people like you will not. Secondly, I do not remember what map or gametype those were. I usually play Team Slayer (I know, shame on me). And lastly, you never explicitly said Halo 3 was perfect, but you certainly said it was near flawless, and you like to explain how Halo 3 has no issues that any other game has. And I've also noticed that you resort to ridiculous assumptions to help your arguments, in this case saying I've made a crap ton of posts on bungie.net. First of all, I haven't been to that website in probably a year, and second of all, I have never posted there once. Saying stupid things like this makes your argument even less valid. "
    No, i've made a crap ton of posts. Reading fail. So, yeah... And again, all relative. "
    Sorry, I just read exactly what you wrote. Let me quote:

"you can't help but realize how ridiculously well made it is, even if you've made a crap ton of posts on bungie.net on how it could be better and this and that"

I thought you were referring to me.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By crunchUK
    @natetodamax said:
    " @crunchUK said:

" @natetodamax said:

" @crunchUK said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    No, i've made a crap ton of posts. Reading fail. So, yeah... And again, all relative. "
    Sorry, I just read exactly what you wrote. Let me quote:  "you can't help but realize how ridiculously well made it is, even if you've made a crap ton of posts on bungie.net on how it could be better and this and that"  I thought you were referring to me. "
    ...yeah. If that confuses you replace "you" with "one"
    najaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By najaf

If the killstreaks are the source of  'unbalance' in your opinion, then carry a stinger. One man with a stinger can take out all killstreaks except the pave low and ac130 which need three shots.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kmdrkul

Peterman Reality Bus Tour? What?

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Coombs
    @Najaf said:

" If the killstreaks are the source of  'unbalance' in your opinion, then carry a stinger. One man with a stinger can take out all killstreaks except the pave low and ac130 which need three shots. "

Bam.

The only thing i dislike about MW2 is the heartbeat sensor.
    Other than that is the campers, and thats not the game, Thats the PEOPLE playing it.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By breadfan
    @crunchUK Do you really have to compare everything to Halo?
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#36  Edited By Symphony
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    " *Yawn* Oh look. Another MW2 hate thread. Move along people. "
    No. I'm going to sit here and I 'm never ever going to move ever!  Hmph!

I wrote a long rant about arguments that involve using terms like "cheap tactics" and "noob players" are ridiculous, and that such things are ultimately part of human nature and not exclusive to one particular game, buuuut I'd rather just sit here and pout.
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By guiseppe

Fanboyism is a two-sided coin. Meaning that, to be able to defend something, there has to be something to oppose. In other words, you're just as bad as them if you allow them to drive you so far as to rant in random rages on the interwebs. 

More on the topic at hand, I don't feel that the game is broken in any significant way. I think it's a great game with lots and lots of enjoyment to be had.

NinjaCupCaiks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NinjaCupCaiks

TL;DR . 

Halo is teh best eff pee ess .
    DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DCFGS3

Essentially the issue with MW2 was that IW developed for the lowest denominator, essentially, the 12 year old fanboys. This means they haven't just got an arcade shooter. They've taken 'arcade shooter', thrown it backwards 30 years to the age of insanity, and then yelled "MOAR SPLOSIONS!!!11!!" and proceeded to turn out, a game for 12 year old fanboys who want a quick fix of said splosions. The issue is, the true fans of the Call of Duty series, in particular the multiplayer, are not 12 year old fanboys. Hence, the anger.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#41  Edited By Griddler
    @crunchUK:@natetodamax: Dudes, use the reply button.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By crunchUK
    @girdz: what's that
    Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunchUK: I have no idea.

@DCFGS3 said:
    " Essentially the issue with MW2 was that IW developed for the lowest denominator, essentially, the 12 year old fanboys. This means they haven't just got an arcade shooter. They've taken 'arcade shooter', thrown it backwards 30 years to the age of insanity, and then yelled "MOAR SPLOSIONS!!!11!!" and proceeded to turn out, a game for 12 year old fanboys who want a quick fix of said splosions. The issue is, the true fans of the Call of Duty series, in particular the multiplayer, are not 12 year old fanboys. Hence, the anger. "

This.
    evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By evanbrau

I like MW2 but it has loads of problems. I don't agree that its been tailored to a "lowest common denominator" since dealing with elitism is the worst thing about being a gamer but it does have some things I'd change about it. For instance I don't like the hearbeat sensor or the dual shotguns but then they suit other peoples play styles so I have to adjust mine, that said the situation with the glitches was a joke. None of these problems stop me from playing but it looks like the OP should just move on to a new game?

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Most of the complaints all go towards gameplay of others rather than the game itself, if you want to avoid it, join a party/clan. 

GiantBomb's bombing runs on the PS3  version of the game (as an example)  practically alleviates all my complaints about other players. Everyone on the list plays the game as legitimately as possible, no one uses noobtubes, none of us camp to the point or ridiculousness and the experience is a blast everytime.  

The game is designed with an element of being rediculous to make you have OMG moments, that's what makes certain matches fun. Youtube is full of killcam videos where the impossible becomes possible, those moments make MW2 what it is, it's unbalanced yes, but when used RIGHT, it yields hilarious and memorable results.

Try joining a party or clan if you haven't done so, and you might see the game differently. IMO I certainly have since joining the GiantBomb bombing run. The game allows to play any which way accordingly, don't knock it for what you haven't experienced yet.

Valco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Valco

The MW2 forum had just descended into whiny little bitches complaining about the game and being told to stfu
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By yakov456
    @natetodamax said:
    " First Bold: Quite the contrary, actually. There are too many "exciting" things going on at once that it just gets tiring. First you're getting shot at by a harrier, and then a helicopter comes, and then AC-130 comes, and then EMP, and then more helicopters, and it just goes on and on.  Second Bold: Several times while playing Halo 3 I've spawned right in front of enemies, and on some of those occasions they either warped towards me for an instant melee kill or they warped towards me with the sword and eliminated me.  Third Bold: The word Halo doesn't "offend" me, what does is that you always feel the need to explain how Halo 3 is absolutely amazing and how whatever you're comparing it to sucks. There's nothing wrong with using a game you like as a reference, but do not say that Halo 3 is perfect in every way. No game is. "
    This post is 100% truth.
    Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Nemesis
    @Relys: Welcome to the internet. There are fanboys for every game, and you have to deal with it.
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Djeffers03

I like MW2, you apparently do not. I would recommend that you play another game.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Relys
    @Nemesis said:
    " @Relys: Welcome to the internet. There are fanboys for every game, and you have to deal with it. "
    Thanks Captain Obvious.

@Djeffers03 said:
    " I like MW2, you apparently do not. I would recommend that you play another game. "

Cool story bro. I especially liked the part where you didn't respond to the OP and instead automatically assumed that I hate MW2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.