Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

To all fellow nukers.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Many people just get off at nukes. I personally need one every day. It got me kinda guilty, since we're all basically camping like schoolgirls to get them.  That's why I've decided to let the opposite team kill me until the round is nearing the end by which time the mushroom cloud ensues. Just randomly finding people, standing in front of them hoping they kill you. Sort of a payback, or something. I don't care about my K/D so that's why I'm cool with it.

Anyone else find sense in this?

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Druminator

Yea that sounds real fun...

Mrbiscuit101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Mrbiscuit101

I've been on a cold streak lately so any nuke I get,  welcome. I don't have guilt :P

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By faustyn
    @JoyfullOFrockets said:
    " Many people just get off at nukes. I personally need one every day. It got me kinda guilty, since we're all basically camping like schoolgirls to get them.  That's why I've decided to let the opposite team kill me until the round is nearing the end by which time the mushroom cloud ensues. Just randomly finding people, standing in front of them hoping they kill you. Sort of a payback, or something. I don't care about my K/D so that's why I'm cool with it.  Anyone else find sense in this? "
    i guess...but i don't feel guilty at all. if the opposing team let's you fire a harrier and chopper gunner they deserve to lose.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MikkaQ

Sometimes I wish there was a no-killstreak TDM mode, just to play once in a while as a break from the madness of getting harriered 3 times in rapid succession, then getting chopper gunnered to shit, then nuked. 

Just want a liiittle break for that haha.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dbz1995

Although I don't get this nuke rush thing, one of my friends does it as well. He now has 50 nukes, and I don't really care much.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Tuggah
    @XII_Sniper: use a stinger and if you need to scavenger.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Tuggah: Oh yeah I'm gonna get a rocket launching stealth class set up soon to screw those killstreak rewards, but still I would love the option not to stress over it. Also it would be interesting to see if scored shifted around with the people I tend to play with. Some I would say depend on them for their scores more than others, while I use mostly non-aggressive ones (right now I roll UAV, UAV Jammer, and a sentry gun), and depend on ballistics and knife kills, more or less. 
    Blueman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Blueman

Only recently got my first nuke, and i didn't camp for it either. Probably take it off my killstreak rewards now, get more kills with the predator missile.
    fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fwylo

I prefer EMP's to Nukes for some reason.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By mikemcn

I banned myself from getting a nuke after my first, its too bloody stressful.
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By CornontheCobbe
    @JoyfullOFrockets: A Nuke a day? Wow man thats fairly impressive. Tell me, how do you get your nukes? I have only got 3 so far and i camped like a little bitch and prayed to god that my harrier and chopper gunner can rack up enough kills.

What perks and kill-streaks do you use personally? Tell me your secret! :D

Yeah i felt kind of guilty for my first one. It was quarry, and i got 7 kills quite quickly! I then used the old harrier to rack up enough for a chopper gunner, and then changed my class with One Man Army to another class with OMA and Danger Close. It worked quite well.

However i felt really bad as the guys i were playing against had been so nice to me all day until i was on the opposite team. I then let them kill me a few times and then when my team got to 7000 points or so i used the nuke.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " Sometimes I wish there was a no-killstreak TDM mode, just to play once in a while as a break from the madness of getting harriered 3 times in rapid succession, then getting chopper gunnered to shit, then nuked.  Just want a liiittle break for that haha. "
    I would suggest shooting down with a Stinger and having Cold-Blooded on the kit to prevent this from happening.  Otherwise, it's your own stupid fault, man. 

As for a nuke, I haven't gotten one...and I don't care.  I stay pretty consecutive at 2:1 or higher in my matches...with at least 25 kills a round, if not having matches like this: 

I'm Lansharx54.
     I'm Lansharx54.
    So...whatever.  Don't need a nuke when I can still carry my team to a win.  Also, MattFromTexas is my buddy, and if you ever see us in a match...just back out.  I've got a LOT of photos that look a lot like this.
    lolgreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By lolgreg
    @jakob187: I lol'd
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets
    @CornontheCobbe said:
    " @JoyfullOFrockets: A Nuke a day? Wow man thats fairly impressive. Tell me, how do you get your nukes? I have only got 3 so far and i camped like a little bitch and prayed to god that my harrier and chopper gunner can rack up enough kills.  What perks and kill-streaks do you use personally? Tell me your secret! :D  Yeah i felt kind of guilty for my first one. It was quarry, and i got 7 kills quite quickly! I then used the old harrier to rack up enough for a chopper gunner, and then changed my class with One Man Army to another class with OMA and Danger Close. It worked quite well.  However i felt really bad as the guys i were playing against had been so nice to me all day until i was on the opposite team. I then let them kill me a few times and then when my team got to 7000 points or so i used the nuke. "

The stuff i use is different on every map. Most of all useful is your instinct to hide like a coward. This ain't funny, it's your only saving grace. But I've had nukes with all common perks, and relying on silenced weapons is a must.
    Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Hannibal

One time I got a nuke with the game only at about 4000, so I decided to go suicidal with the throwing knife till about 6500. And you know what? THEY CALLED IN A NUKE BEFORE ME. Fuckers!

GamesWarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By GamesWarden
    @jakob187 said:

" @XII_Sniper said:

" Sometimes I wish there was a no-killstreak TDM mode, just to play once in a while as a break from the madness of getting harriered 3 times in rapid succession, then getting chopper gunnered to shit, then nuked.  Just want a liiittle break for that haha. "
    I would suggest shooting down with a Stinger and having Cold-Blooded on the kit to prevent this from happening.  Otherwise, it's your own stupid fault, man. 

As for a nuke, I haven't gotten one...and I don't care.  I stay pretty consecutive at 2:1 or higher in my matches...with at least 25 kills a round, if not having matches like this: 

I'm Lansharx54.
     I'm Lansharx54.
    So...whatever.  Don't need a nuke when I can still carry my team to a win.  Also, MattFromTexas is my buddy, and if you ever see us in a match...just back out.  I've got a LOT of photos that look a lot like this. "
    Well at least you have a buddy around the camp fire. (flaming? lol pun)

Speaking for those of us with only a casual amount of time to invest in games, (my youth was just as wasted as this Kid's, but now I'm touching 30 and have a few other things to  think about)  I too would like to see a non kill streak mode. 

I like MW at it's purest - simple gun play. I also get annoyed and feel cheated by  multi chopper gunner kills, or a nuke ending I know was gained by a guy prone on a roof the whole time or hiding in a corner. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care about COD anymore, i'm playing the Bad Company 2 demo.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Captain_Insano

Cold Blooded will stop those nasty killstreaks from getting you (well, except the nuke)

TheBookNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheBookNerd
    @JoyfullOFrockets: I go my ten nukes for the challenge and then left them behind. Although I do like the idea of finding different ways to mess with other players, especially cheaters. Booster hunting is a lot of fun. :-D
    Alphawolfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Alphawolfy

I've never gotten a nuke before. And I don't think I'll ever go for one. Trying to get 2 EMPs for the "Chick Magnet" title was stressful enough; I can't imagine trying to earn a nuke. Maybe I'm just not good enough, but I tend to enjoy the game more without going for crazy high killstreaks. 

Oh and @TheBookNerd, happy first post! :P

xmannzl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xmannzl
    @Agent47CSim2 said:

" Don't care about COD anymore, i'm playing the Bad Company 2 demo. "

Same. I played Cod for the first time in ages and i stopped after my first game. It felt very halo like with the pacing, camping, etc. 

Edit: and all the little kids are annoying as hell ( I had one kid yelling "PANTS ON THE GROUND" the whole round! WTF!)
    RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RandomHero666
    @XII_Sniper said:
    Play hardcore? Most people use cold blooded so air support is useless
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

You know I've really been amazed at how many people have shown the ability to acquire the nuke on a fairly regular basis.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#25  Edited By TheGremp

Mercy in videogames...  Wat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@XmanNZL said:
    "@Agent47CSim2 said:

" Don't care about COD anymore, i'm playing the Bad Company 2 demo. "

Same. I played Cod for the first time in ages and i stopped after my first game. It felt very halo like with the pacing, camping, etc. 

Edit: and all the little kids are annoying as hell ( I had one kid yelling "PANTS ON THE GROUND" the whole round! WTF!) "

But Halo is good, whereas COD isn't.
    withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By withateethuh
    @faustyn said:
    " @JoyfullOFrockets said:
    " Many people just get off at nukes. I personally need one every day. It got me kinda guilty, since we're all basically camping like schoolgirls to get them.  That's why I've decided to let the opposite team kill me until the round is nearing the end by which time the mushroom cloud ensues. Just randomly finding people, standing in front of them hoping they kill you. Sort of a payback, or something. I don't care about my K/D so that's why I'm cool with it.  Anyone else find sense in this? "
    i guess...but i don't feel guilty at all. if the opposing team let's you fire a harrier and chopper gunner they deserve to lose. "
    This. Stinger and cold blooded are nuke stoppers.
    NickyDubz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By NickyDubz
    @Agent47CSim2:  If you dont like COD why post in the forums?
    TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By TomA

I have never gotten a nuke and don't care if I ever do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NickyDubz said:
    " @Agent47CSim2:  If you dont like COD why post in the forums? "

Because all the Halo haters do it so I thought why not, and express my opinion.
    Zuul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By Zuul

Getting a nuke is too stressful. I despise campers, and I'm to impatient to camp for myself. My killstreaks are usually small ones that end up helping my team out. Such as UAV, Care Package, and Predator. I still end up with well over a 2.0 k/d ratio overall, and I'm usually carrying my team not matter what weapons I use. 

I don't like to bother with the stress of trying to stay alive for 25kills. I definitely have had 25 legit kills without a nuke on though. That's when it sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.