Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat 11

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Apr 23, 2019

Mortal Kombat's eleventh installment involves the time guardian Kronika intending to fix Raiden's mistakes which splintered the timeline.

All* DLC kharacters revealed

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My Thoughts:

1: Of course Spawn is last...and in March no less..when no one outside of Pro players will still be playing..

2: There are literally 20 other things I'd rather have than Terminator or Joker...

*3: Its worth noting that Ash from Evil Dead, Sheeva & Fujin were all datamined back in April/May along with these. So expect more after March..

4: I "knew' these were going to be the DLC, but I held out hope that Joker was actually Pennywise or a skin for Pennywise ( they did multiple characters in one in Injustice 2) and Doomguy was actually Terminator (same situation as Joker)

5: I hate that Terminator is in like everything now

Thoughts?

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GabrielCantor

Pretty glad I didn't get the season pass as Shang is basically the only character I want, though I haven't even bought him since his movie skin is locked behind the season pass.

Spawn is lame as hell, and it's all been leaked for a while so none of it is exciting or interesting really. I liked MK11 a lot but everything around the DLC has been disappointing.

People getting made about the dates being too long is also pretty funny, given that Smash came out last December and is going to have its last character at about the same time, but I haven't seen any complaints there. If they came out closer people would probably accuse them of cutting stuff from the base game, so it's a real no-win.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@epidehl said:

People getting made about the dates being too long is also pretty funny, given that Smash came out last December and is going to have its last character at about the same time, but I haven't seen any complaints there. If they came out closer people would probably accuse them of cutting stuff from the base game, so it's a real no-win.

I wouldn't think this is a totally fair comparison, since Smash has a ton of crossover as both a fighting game and a party game. Mortal Kombat still has a huge casual playerbase, but it's much more of a traditional fighting game. That means a majority of those casual players will have dropped away by then (if they haven't already), leaving behind mostly die-hards and competitive players.

Otherwise, I totally agree that there are better things to get bent out of shape over. It's clear NetherRealm wants to support this game for the long haul. Rumors are already circulating that a second run of DLC characters will be coming in the future. I bet this will blow over after a few days.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epidehl said:

Pretty glad I didn't get the season pass as Shang is basically the only character I want, though I haven't even bought him since his movie skin is locked behind the season pass.

Spawn is lame as hell, and it's all been leaked for a while so none of it is exciting or interesting really. I liked MK11 a lot but everything around the DLC has been disappointing.

I dont mind the gap in the dates, its just the only guest I wanted to play was Spawn which happens to be the very last one... And Shang's movie skin is unlocked by doing the kharacter tutorial, not the Season Pass, unless the skins are different for the tutorials..

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atastyslurpee: Hm. Doing a quick Google and everything says the 2 colors of the movie skin are exclusive to the Kombat Pack. Either way I've fallen off the game and would probably wait for some sale on the pass at this point anyway.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Honest question: why do people hate Spawn so much? And I don’t mean just because “he’s so lame” because let’s be honest like 3/4 of the MK lineup is super lame. Like is there a deeper reason?

I only ask because I used to like the comic as a child and always am surprised when most people audibly groan about the character. I always thought he had a decent character arc for a comic book guy.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@humanity said:

Honest question: why do people hate Spawn so much? And I don’t mean just because “he’s so lame” because let’s be honest like 3/4 of the MK lineup is super lame. Like is there a deeper reason?

I only ask because I used to like the comic as a child and always am surprised when most people audibly groan about the character. I always thought he had a decent character arc for a comic book guy.

My guess is a combo of a general cultural rebuke of 90s "edge" and the fact that most only know Spawn from that widely panned 1997 movie.

Spawn's impact goes perennially underrated. His HBO mini-series is legendary, and the first 50-issue run of the comic was a legitimate game-changer for the comic book industry. I just think when you have a super straight-faced, no-nonsense character dripping with "goth" aesthetic that deals in hell-demons and skull-chains, you're bound to have people dismiss it unconditionally.

Mortal Kombat is basically the perfect fit for Spawn in that regard. Both a space where his over-the-top violence can become normalized amongst countless other macabre acts, and an environment in which his self-seriousness can comfortably function as light self-parody.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wanted Ash, but I'm still happy with the line-up. Only thing that concerns me is how they'll do Terminator. Will they put in the work to make him an organless machine, or will he be like Frost/Jax's arms and just be normal meat inside? I can look past how many of the moves used on him wouldn't make sense, but I hope they don't half-ass it either.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Those are perfectly safe choices. Not anything particularly great, but not anything terrible, either. I hope we see Ash because I'm still a sucker for Bruce Campbell, but as many have said, I'd sure love to see more Mortal Kombat characters, new or old.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.