Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat X

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 14, 2015

The tenth installment of the bloody and storied fighting game franchise picks up decades after the events of the 2011 franchise re-boot, as new and returning kombatants fight throughout the realms over the power of an imprisoned evil.

Jason Voorhees revealed as guest fighter

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By supermonkey122

Netherrealm just revealed that Jason Voorhees will be a guest character in Mortal Kombat X! He will be a part of the Kombat Pack, which you can get with the Kollector's Edition of the game or buy it seperately for $29.99. I personally think this is fucking awesome. Freddy was great in the last one, but I think Jason fits in to MK more.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SeanFoster

They could have some fun with alternate looks for him. I vote for Bag Jason from Part II!

No Caption Provided

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I hope there's a lot of stuff in that Kombat pack to make it worth 30 goddamn dollars! That said Jason is pretty rad.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

I called this back when the game was announced...can't remember where. I hate you, brain.

Anyway, this is great. Betting he fits in better than Freddy Remake did in the last one. Hopefully we can do our own Freddy vs Jason in MK11.

"Kombat Pack" is 30 bucks? They'd better give you more than just 4 bonus fighters at that price. Between the expensive add on and the Goro preorder bullshit I'm really tempted to just wait for the inevitable Komplete Edition.

Hope for one of the fatalities he shoves the guy in a sleeping bag and bashes them against a tree.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sure

Ho_Blivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NEVERREALM

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ShaggE

Oh man... that's fantastic!

As a Freddy guy, I'm a little jealous that Jason isn't FUBAR'd like Freddy was design-wise (seriously... two gloves? They really couldn't make a single glove work? And the remake design? Piffle!), but hey. That'll tide me over until whatever the hell the new Friday the 13th game is going to be.

Edit: Ooh! They could work him into the story as Stryker's son! In a huge plot twist, it turns out Jason's real name is Jason A. Stryker, a former video guy who drowned in a lake while the counselors played Mario Party!

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

How boring.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

This is both totally predictable and totally okay by me. But the season pass is $30? Wow. They better have some serious DLC plans to justify that.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

man this is awesome but i wanted to see gameplay and if jason doesn't put people in a sleeping bag and smashes them to dead in a fataility i'll be a sad panda

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#11 jeanluc  Staff
    koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kombat pack huh? Who wants to bet that a lot of the classic characters like Sonya or Jax will be part of this instead of in the main game?

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rafaelfc

Now we need freddy back to make Freddy X Jason happen

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koolaid: As long as enough of them are in it then fair enough. For $30 they'd want to be adding a ton of extra characters to the game who don't come into the base game.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n: @jesus_phish: I guess I've always theorized that the roster was going to be a bit light, and they were going to make up for it with characters that have 3 styles and a lot of production values. I guess I always figured there wouldn't be many more characters than the ones already announced, so when people say "It's gonna have the old fighters and their kids!" I thought that the older fighters would take a back seat, and maybe not even be playable.

I will be very pleased to be proven wrong.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koolaid: I agree that I can see them saying (and maybe rightly so) that each fighter has three styles so that sort of boosts the number of options available. For me though, I don't care about styles. In fact I dislike it. I want Scorpion to play like Scorpion and that's it. I don't want him to have three different fighting styles. I'd rather that time went into other characters.

If they're going to charge $30 for the season pass though, I'd like to see them put at least two characters in each release (so eight new fighters). Even that seems small but when I consider the work it must take to get the three styles for each character it seems more reasonable. If they just put in 4 fighters then that doesn't seem like good value when you compare it to the base game.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seanfoster: and uber Jason from Jason X

JASON X IS GREAT I'LL FIGHT ANYONE THAT THINKS OTHERWISE.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Wow I'm gonna run out and buy the DLC now before the game is even out!

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lukeweizer

@kanerobot said:

I

"Kombat Pack" is 30 bucks? They'd better give you more than just 4 bonus fighters at that price. Between the expensive add on and the Goro preorder bullshit I'm really tempted to just wait for the inevitable Komplete Edition.

This is what I'm confused about. Is the "Kombat Pack" just a DLC package for $30 or is the Season Pass? Injustice had $15 Season Passes with 3 or 4 characters, I believe. They also mentioned another DLC pack that has Kenshi and some other characters, is that a seperate deal? I'm genuinely confused about what the fuck is in the box with this game and what I have to pay extra for and HOW MANY TIMES do I have to pay for extra stuff. It's really turning me off.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ichthy said:

@jiggajoe14 said:

@seanfoster: and uber Jason from Jason X

JASON X IS GREAT I'LL FIGHT ANYONE THAT THINKS OTHERWISE.

Jason X is amazing!

You have my machete in said fight!!

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, which version has Yoda again? That asshole breaks the game.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carlthenimrod: I think that's the xbox version, I'm more interested in the version that comes with Link.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a Warner Bros. thing, so the deal is basically free, right? I feel like surely Warner Bros. must have the rights to some characters that fit the series better than random horror icons. Like, do they have some more fantastical action movies they could pull somebody from? I guess horror movies are also gory and violent like MK is, but nothing about MK is scary or horror-related.

I wish they'd get weirder with the inclusions. Like, I dunno, but in Daffy Duck or something.

Man, remember when Soul Calibur 2 had Spawn? That's the kind of dumb multimedia crossover I want.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Amazing. If Freddy came back, that would be even awesomer.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty cool, but not too surprising if you follow Ed Boon's Twitter, as people have been asking him for Jason for a long long time.

the more interesting news to me is that Shinnok's playable, which that makes me wonder if he's the final boss or not, ill say not, but if he is, then thats a bit disappointing since Boon said its someone surprising (which im still holding out hope for Liu Kang)

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope they bring Freddy back as well. It seems like a waste for them to be trapped in separate games.

Unless I review this though, I'll probably hold off for some discounts. WB has been very generous in the past with their stuff, no reason to run out and spend full price.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By KaneRobot

One step closer to Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash finally happening on a screen instead of just a comic book made from a script that was never made into a movie (also, the first FvJvA comic series is awesome...the second one, not so much).

@l1ghtn1n said:

@lukeweizer: From my understanding it's basically a season pass. Included with it are extra costumes for Kenshi and Shinnock, they aren't DLC characters and were accidently announced as part of the press release (though with Kenshi being shown in the mobile game and Shinnock being key to the story they were pretty obvious) and more costumes later on. The special editions include physical stuff and the downloadable version is just the game and the pass at a slight discount (might be PS4 only? May be thinking of a different game). Goro is available to anyone who pre-orders the game or likely gets a first run.

So $30 for 4 characters and new costumes which is slightly better? Still almost $10 a character is worse than what ArcSys has been selling them for which was also pretty bad, and me being the schmuck I am I'll probably still buy it.

Here's what I found about what you actually get:

"Anyone buying the Kombat Pack will get access to the Samurai Pack on launch. The pack comes with three new skins: Ronin Kenshi, Samurai Shinnok and Jingu Kitana, as well as a skin pack for each of the game’s playable characters. Kombat Pack owners will also receive early access to future DLC before it goes on sale."

So looks like it is more than the 4 characters and a couple of skins (but still pretty hard to swallow 30 bucks). I can't see myself spending that much on it...especially when they'll probably do a second wave of DLC characters after that, and of course knock the Kombat Pass cost way down once the Komplete Edition is announced.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DLC characters in a full priced fighting game? Please don't be gross, MKX. The game seems fantastic, but having characters exclusive to DLC/Season Pass/Special Edition is shitty.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No thanks

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@thatonedudenick: So what are they supposed to be doing after the game has gone gold and they are sitting around waiting for it to be certified and the discs printed and sent to stores?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a56f874e000f
    deactivated-5a56f874e000f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n: Apparantly if the leaked roster Is anything to go by there should be one more new character revealed Erron Black. But im not trusting that leak completely, it didn't even have mileena on it and we saw footage of her recently. So that means theres about 8 brand new characters who Im really liking the look of there all fairly unique and interesting. Plus dudes form the later 3d era MK's which im not thrilled about being an old school MK fan but I like what they've done so far so the more the merrier.

@lukeweizer:

the kenshi stuff they mentioned is costumes for him and shinnok and probably the rest of the characters. The kombat pack includes the 4 DLC characters including Jason and a bunch of alternate costumes for all the characters released sporadically after the game drops. I got the kombat pack included in my preorder for about $100 Australian....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.