Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat X

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 14, 2015

The tenth installment of the bloody and storied fighting game franchise picks up decades after the events of the 2011 franchise re-boot, as new and returning kombatants fight throughout the realms over the power of an imprisoned evil.

Which new character are you the biggest fan of?

• 50 results
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Which new character are you the biggest fan of? (325 votes)

Takashi Takeda 8%
    Jacqueline Briggs 4%
    Kung Jin 4%
    Cassie Cage 36%
    Erron Black 18%
    Kotak Kahn 6%
    Ferra/Torr 5%
    D'vorah 17%
    I don't like any of them. 3%

Who is your favourite new character? Mine is definitely Erron Black, he took over Kitana as my main. He is a total badass, kind of reminds me of Boba Fett in a way.

• 
    rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Definitely Cassie. My main is Johnny Cage, so naturally Cassie became instantly familiar with the combos and how she fights. Most of the new characters are pretty good though. Although, I suck using Kotal Khan. I have never been good using the bigger, stronger fighters.

xrated48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like Cassie cage since johnny cage is one of my favorites

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm not sure, so far I've probably enjoyed playing as Takeda with his lasher variant. I really like Cassie as a character, but I'm terrible with her. Jacqui Briggs is really fun and quick, which I like. D'Vorah and Eron Black are cool characters, and I've enjoyed messing around with D'Vorah.

I like all of the new characters on some level, I'd probably have to go with Takeda just because I enjoy playing with him the most, closely followed by Jacqui.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I like all of them, it's actually been real tough to play the game since I can't seem to concentrate on single character(let alone a variation).

Still I like The four young fighters the most in Jacque, Cassie(she might edge out everyone here), Takeda, and Kung Jin(whose second costume is just awesome).

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Ferra/Torr a lot, both the character(s) and playing them, but most of them are pretty okay.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I really don't care for Kotal Khan or Ferra/Torr, but that's mostly since I don't really care for slower characters.

I've probably been enjoying Takeda the most, but really only the Lasher variant. Jacqui seems alright.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the four earthrealm fighters are pretty boring and lame, but all the outworld characters are great additions. D'vorah and Kotal Kahn are easily the best new mk characters in a long time.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ravelle

Eron Black is super badass and I'd like to become decent to good with him.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassie, easily. Character, design, and gameplay-wise she's my favorite in the game. Her cocky lines also make me feel pretty cool whenever I manage to succeed with a combo.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erron Black because Revolver Ocelot.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Erron Black, hands down, none of the kombat kids are appealing but the outworld additions are nice

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

I haven't spent time playing with him yet but I picked Erron Black because he reminds me of Roland from the Dark Tower.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Erron Black is the coolest, but I enjoy how Kung Jin plays the most.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Takeda has some really simple combos that will still hit for 30%. I like his lasher variation.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I thought Erron Black would be a kind of pandering character, but I really like the way they work him into the story. Also that Tarkatan Arm Sword is beyond awesome.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used a lot of Bane in Injustice so Kotal Kahn came pretty easy to me at first. I find all his matches end with the winner having 90% health no matter who it is. He has crazy damage potential but also is really easy to punish if anything misses

tdervan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kotak Kahn! Really dig his look, Aztec warrior ish/

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

D'vorah is the only character I've played. She my jam.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I like D'vorah the most out of the new characters. I would have taken a bunch of palate swap ninjas over the kombat kids.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Erron Black, then Ferra/Torr and then D'vorah. I haven't played as Ferra/Torra at all, really, but they just seem like so much fun.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Cassie Cage - The wit of her father, the looks of her mother. Add in that she can kick ass as well as either of them, and that's why she's my favorite newcomer.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Erron Black is really cool, and probably my best character so far, especially with the Tarkatan sword-arm.

(Followed by Takeda, by virtue of his Metal Gear-ish-ness.)

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

D'vorah because Stockholm syndrome after trying to figure out combos for her Swarm Queen variation. Skill ceiling for her is going to be incredibly high.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only character I don't care much for is Ferra/Torr.

My favorite would probably have to be Cassie Cage.

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of the new characters D'vorah is my favorite. I don't really like any of the Kombat Kids.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I prefer playing as Kung Jin in versus but i've probably spent more time playing as Takeda offline. Personality wise I like Cassie Cage though.

I think Erron Black's character design is very uninspired. I know MK has always had pretty basic looking characters and that's part of the appeal but I wish they went a little further to go beyond 'outlaw cowboy' and 'aztec warrior' Ferra/Torr is pretty original though. Shame I cant stand how he/she plays.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassie is great but been playing as Ferra/Torr lately and really enjoying it. Its really quite sweet seeing Torr hold Ferra's hand at the end of a round and I love there match celebration.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like all of them, but Ferra/Torr and D'vorah are probably my favorites. F/T are super likable and funny, and D'vorah is just all-around nifty.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Break the face!!" - Ferra

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Kotal Khan and Erron Black are my favorites. But they are all pretty alright.

Except for Kung Jin. Fuck Kung Jin.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hands down Cassie Cage. Love her prefight talk, move set and of course the selfie.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#33  Edited By Y2Ken

I've come to the conclusion that I like every one of the new characters better than every character that didn't make it over from MK9, with the possible exception of Noob Saibot.

Cassie is probably my favourite overall though in terms of her look, her character, story relevance, and fighting style. But if I was picking other faves from the group then I probably love D'vorah and Kotal the most as characters, and Jacqui and Ferra/Torr for their fighting styles. They're all great though in at least one way or another, NetherRealm did a fantastic job IMO.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By chu52

Cassie Cage all day. She is my favorite parts of Johnny, Sonya, and Stryker. Plus she has so much saaaaaaaaaaass. So sassy.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The only one I really connected with as a fighter was Dvorah, I need to try out Erron Black some more though. Cassie Cage is the most fun as a character, I like Kung Jin, Dvorah, Erron Black, and Kotal Kahn too. Jacqui and Takeda were kinda boring, but they have potential. I think Ferra/Torr is lame.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm torn between Erron Black and Cassie, honestly. I need to spend more time with Black before I get any good at him at all. I've spent some time with D'vorah and found her to be pretty solid as well.

Fuck Kotal Kahn, though. I don't know what it is about his moveset but I am fucking terrible with him.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a fan of any of the new characters.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

D'vorah and Ferra/Torr. Cassie's pretty good too but D'Vorah is the best new MK character.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Niceanims

I haven't actually played MKX, but I loooove Cassie's 'tude

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

xerseslives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By xerseslives

D'Vorah is the answer.

She's completely different than everyone else and was the star of the paper-thin story mode.

Cassie's portrayal was just weird because she's this wisecracking girl with 'tude in all of the intros, but in the story, she's just responsible worrywart leader chick.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Cassie by a goddamn landslide. She is just not just the best new MK character but I feel one of the best new female characters in awhile.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

Really digging Jacqui Briggs.

She's a LUDICROUSLY aggressive rushdown character with a great ranged solution in her Full-Auto stance. Even though my main (Kenshi) is a zoner, I've always been hyper-aggressive in my fighting games (which likely explains why I don't do GREAT).

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Ferra/Tor is probably one of the most interestingly designed fighting game characters in a while. The way the two characters interact flows really well through the combat and really conveys a sense of two people fighting together in sync.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassie is awesome and I've been having a lot of fun with her. I also think Takeda is pretty cool with all his high tech ninja laser gear.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By KaneRobot

These are from a character perspective. I haven't spent enough time playing as either of these to have a very informed opinion.

Erron Black is probably the best new character, but that alt costume he has is boy-banderiffic. Good lord, no.

Kotal Kahn is the biggest letdown. I want my Outworld Emperors wrecking shop with a giant deathhammer, not wearing a fucking feather headdress and being semi-honorable.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ms. Jacqui Briggs by a mile. She has surpassed Liu Kang and Sub-Zero as my go to main. Erron Black is a very close second. I really like them all though.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Overall I really like the lot of them. It's probably, top to bottom, the best roster of new characters Mortal Kombat has ever had.

Kotal Kahn is the guy, to me. He brings a special look to the roster. I don't know that his playstyle is fresh in a way that stands apart from Mortal Kombat's other offerings, but the Aztec-motif really, really works well.

I also really dug the relative complexity of his character's role in the Mortal Kombat worldspace. Everyone kind of knows this dude isn't going to last forever at the top of Outworld's mountain. Even he understands this to some extent. So he willingly plays the long con to make a power grab. It works for me, because it's such a contrast to Shao Kahn.

Ferra/Torr and Erron Black seem like the weak links narratively, but they have such specific designs, the both of them, that I can't imagine either going away in the near future.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#49  Edited By Mezmero

I'd say Erron Black is an easy choice for me. Even though he gets mercilessly jobbed out in the story mode I just love his design and fighting style. I always dig when a gunman is placed on even ground with martial artists and melee weapons experts. He reminds me of Justice from Afro Samurai and also of Hol Horse from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Cassie Cage is also great for all the reasons her parents are great.

I like quite a few of the new characters for weird reasons. For instance I like how Kotal Kahn is essentially an anthropomorphized Quetzalcoatl from Mayan/ Aztec myth. He feels like a cooler replacement for Onaga from MK Deception though he too gets needlessly jobbed out in the story to the Kombat Kids. I also dig how Ferra/Tor feels like an amalgam of Chang and Choi from King of Fighters. D'Vorah is the only insectoid fighter we've seen in an MK game so that's cool.

krustoff90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not super good with fighting games, but I love Cassie Cage and her Brawler variation. Her combos are easy enough to remember and I learned how to effectively use meter moves with her (I usually will try and use the gunshot with meter when I'm at a distance to make up for her lack of projectiles in the Brawler variation). Kung Jin reminds me of Green Arrow in Injustice, so I like goofing with him. D'Vorah and Erron Black have the coolest designs of the new characters IMO (outside of Cassie's shaved head and special forces garb).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.