Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Save not loading? (is my save corrupt?)

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Moztacular

Hey I need some quick help. For reasons I can't understand after downloading Rain my MK save data/profile won't load anymore. By that I mean the challenge tower is reset to 1 (i beat the whole thing), the story is not complete, and none of the outfits or characters are unlocked. Furthermore everything I unlocked in the krypt is gone as well. Am I missing something here, I have even gone to options and made sure to select the proper storage device. When I look in the memory of my hard drive I can see my save settings are there as well and I havent done anything to delete any of it. 

Any suggestions or is my save corrupt and I'm just boned?

(I should note that all the DLC characters still appear in my character select but no cyber sub, quan chi, or any alternate outfits...very annoying)

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Moztacular

one bump to see if anyone can lend a hand

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By TechHits

well this is an obvious answer, but are you loading from the wrong place?

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Moztacular

@TechHits: I'll take any obvious answer ;p

I dont think i could be loading from the wrong place, the only storage device on the console is my harddrive and there's only one save file in there along with my DLC characters and such. I cant remember if it used to do this but whenever I load up MK and press start at the start menu, it doesnt ask me to choose a storage device like many games do. I go to options and select my harddrive but it doesnt appear to load from the harddrive. Very odd, other games seem to be loading fine.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Bestostero

A couple of xbox users are having similar problems, and I'm guessing you're an xbox user too because of your green name.

The only fix I've read for this is rebooting it typically works, but I'm sure you've tried that by now... if you want to read more for yourself...
    All my MK9 Save Data Erased
    MK9 data gone

Basically, I think you're out of luck unless you want to try what they're saying and back up your data or downloading data or something I'm completely unfamiliar with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.