Okay disclaimer time:
If you want deep comparisons, you'll not find them here.
If you want anything but my own personal opinions, you'll not find it here.
If you want to be a dick..that's up to you, but it would be pointless.
I have a terrible sense of humour, you have been warned.
Steam ID is Jazz and my LoL ID is JazzGB or Ahriman Efreet
Gunslingerpanda's Twitch Stream - link
Lolking link to my profile - link
Dota2 profile on DOTABuff - link
Week 1 can be found here
Week 2 can be found here
Week 3 can be found here
Week 4 can be found here
Welcome back to another week of profanity laced laning nonsense. I have my podcast host voice on and I don't know why.
aka - 'So if I push R everyone dies right?' me.
- There be great peril...my computer may have been delayed by the lack of parts. I swapped out the optical drive for an ssd so I can theoretically record stuff. This may have been foolish on my behalf but I wasn't really willing to wait extra time for them to get a cd drive in when I have a couple of external ones hanging around anyway.
- There be great torment...I have an interview coming up in, sigh, 20 days or so for the possibility of finding a job. An interview for an interview...
- Phantasy Star 4 needs an overworld map..in fact it may have one I just don't know how to find it.
- Humble Bundle book thingy is Transformers. The recent More than Meets the Eye series is some of the best comic book writing around...it's hilarious. I know people will roll their eyes but it's far better than anything the big two are putting out. Also this:
- And you thought Thor being a woman was a big thing...
- First up I totally caved in to my own personal lack of monetary accumen and bought the ghost bride skin for Morgana. As I've mentioned I probably main Morgie most of the time due to not playing team builder..and even when I do I tend to play support because it gets you in game quicker.
- The only thing I don't like about the skin is the teleport..she flies up and starts screaming in pain..it's fucking freaky..the new spell effects are cool though.
- To commemorate my impulse buying skills I played a Team Builder match with an Ezreal in bot. I..'accidentally' KS'd him twice due to him having very poor damage output while I was totally a support build. He then went on to KS everyone else and..seriously..essentially got called out to have a one vs one against mid kassadin afterwards 'Do you think you're better than me, eh Ezreal?'..very Russian. Much Hilarity.
- Second game that day was with a Jinx who liked to dive..dive and die..dive..hmm there's a connection there. As always it was me trying to save her but we had Darius and I think Malphite in bot so my shield did little to help the AD.
- I, then, with some creative trading/refunding, picked up Nidalee. If the spear hits, you are a goddess of whirling destruction, if it misses..you run away and try again. I really like Nidalee and I think Rengar (I never get his name right) is on my list to pick up after Fizz and Lucian.
- For those interested my list currently is - Fizz, Lucian, Rengar, Leblanc, Katarina, Yasuo and Jayce..probably a Fiddle in there as well for the Lols.
- Which leads me to today. I played some Janna after seeing how fun that whirlwind thing was. Playing a bot game they just kept on walking right into it. She doesn't scale well especially when the Yi bot was..just unbelievably bad. Worse than actual Yi players..who knew?
- And then I played Katarina. I think she was one of the first champions I played when I knew only a little less than I do now. I was against Darius in mid and after looking at her tooltips I went AP.
- Nothing survived. Not even the trees.
- At one point I had 789 ap...I think I heard the bots screaming at one point but I couldn't be sure. Again it was a bot game but 37/5/9 is just silly.
- Do not under any circumstances feed Katarina after midnight or pour water on her. Ludicrous gibs.
It was a long weekend of family stuff so I didn't really manage to play much.
Who knows when my new computer will arrive now..hopefully it will arrive. gulp.
aka - 'It was a shac attack' - or 'Report Karthus bot for feeding in top lane'
- Another complication in the building of this bloody computer has arrived. Apparently they couldn't fit the new hd in so I'm having to go for a smaller 2.5 hd. If they had bothered to look into it last week instead of leaving it 7 days we might not have had to do this all at the last minute but..whatever.
- It's a new week so it's a new rotation in League:
- I picked up Nami in the sale. Still waiting for Fizz..
- I've been trying to get into team builder games but we just generally sit there for extended periods of time until we get a top lane Yi support...and then everyone leaves.
- I got one game as supp Morgana again but was saddled with a super whiney Riven and a Shaco wandering around. Being ganked by a clown is a horrible feeling. Riven decided that he was dying because we were all feeding..even though he was at the same k/d ratio as me..the support.
- Next came a Morgana supp with Yi in bottom lane...who died..constantly..despite my best attempts. I may be wrong here but ADCs are generally ranged weapon specialist with burst and some form of minor cc..ie Ashe or Cait? Not Yi of the pubhole.
- Today began with a Nami bot game just to test her out in top. She's a tough cookie. Her W and E make early game pretty interesting. I assume an AP build is the thing to do with emphasis on armour. Karthus bot super fed in top lane with me..he just kept diving and dying as well..it was hilarious. One thing I do miss, and this might be my mistaken remembering, was that dota allowed double taps to self cast rather than holding Alt. Should note that even after 60 hours I'm still learning the keybindings. Upgrading without the mouse is next..uhmhhm.
- Zed was dead baby. I didn't like playing as him. I just let mid Soraka kill me...hipster Zed should be a thing.
- Shyvana - her debuff is interesting with the E. Very easy to push with her but not a fan of close range champions..as you probably know.
- I spent this afternoon playing Supp Nami in two games. One began with 'name, rank, serial number...yay we're all smurfs' which made me what to throw up. 0/7/24 in that match. Got ganked a couple of times and lagged at the end but dat R is pretty good at catching people.
- Last game went 2/10/21 and we lost due to complete stupidity by everyone, especially us on bot lane, in our team. Had an Ashe who just loved to fire her R off randomly as if she was Lezreial...and then it descended into the usual 'i blame you for not doing as I told you' crap. Happy times.
Short one today. Not much going on just messing around with new rotation champions and nami..forever hoping to play Liss mid or Nid top but not getting a chance due to the constant instacalling of top and mid and team builder just being...bleh. Probably jus the time of day that I use it. Nobody would play Jungle..and hopefully I'll be picking up Fiddle-me-sticks later on today for just that purpose.
Thanks for reading
aka - 'Caw Caw mothertrucker' or simply 'I suck so bad' - me.
- It's..happening. Email was received and was literally just shipped for arrival tomorrow.
"ForceBox Gamer" Intel Core i3 i5 i7 Nvidia GTX LAN Gaming PC 1
GX-248-MS MSI GeForce GTX 750Ti OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express
Graphics Card (N750Ti-2GD5/OC)
HD-255-SE Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache - OEM
CP-495-IN Intel Core i5-4440 3.10GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA1150 Processor -
SW-165-MS Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-Bit DVD - OEM (WN7-00614)
FS-320-OE 24 MONTH WARRANTY - COLLECT & RETURN
XX-003-OP Standard Build Systems - Dispatched within 7 working days
CA-160-SV Silverstone Sugo SG05 HTPC USB 3.0 Case with 300W Power
Supply - Black (SST-SG05B USB 3.0)
MB-585-AS Asus H81I-Plus Intel H81 (Socket 1150) DDR3 Mini ITX
MY-044-TG TeamGroup Vulcan GOLD 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9
1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (TLYD38G1600HC9DC01)
FG-028-BX BitFenix Spectre PRO 120mm Fan Green LED - Black
CB-069-AK Akasa Slimline Optical SATA Cable, 40cm (AK-CB050-40)
HD-351-WD Western Digital Scorpio Blue 2.5" 750GB 5400RPM SATA 6Gbs
8MB Cache - OEM (WD7500BPVX) HDD
- If you actually wanted the information...
- I attempted to copy my audio files onto a shitty WD hard drive I have so I can transfer them over. Turns out I have 80gbs of Audiobooks (bad eyes) and that was going to take roughly 9 hours to transfer.
- I did however manage to transfer my steam and rito folders. I have no intention of redoing my VTM and Sith Lords patching again. Urgh. Copy and paste hopefully will be enough. If not well...blergh.
- Might even be able to play..gasp..Dota2 tomorrow.
- I also redid my desk and room to move my tv down (to be my screen) and reorganise my gaming library. I have about 100 orginal xbox games..whew. They take up a lot of room. If only I didn't have a ridiculous amount of books in my bookshelves huh?
- Today (6th) marks exactly a month since I started playing League. I haven't played every day of that month so I'll wait till 30 days to actually do anything about that but..whew. Long way huh?
- To mark that anniversary I had the worst 3 games of League I have ever personally played. Now this was all me. My fault. Me being crap. Not my team's fault..though ADC Yi makes my eyes twitch. Both involved playing as Supp Nami - I even had to displace a supp Lux (which made me really twitch my eyes) to be shitty as NO ONE wants to play a Jungler. Joungler? Wheel of Time..I don't know.
- So yeah, just 3 games of me sucking. Actually one of them consisted of 20 mins of being stuck in lagsville, nowhere. I ended up exiting only to be warned that I could be temp banned for waiting around for 15 mins. They do that in bot games too. Dumb.
- I eventually had made enough money to pick up..dun dun durrr
- oooh boy. This guy was well named.
- I'm guessing his combo is mostly Q to make them run followed by W..E and then kill them all outta nowhere with R. AP seems to be his thing. Notice..still ranged. Fizz is Melee I think..better get used to the idea.
- Jungling is probably easier with him due to W and smite.
- Have I mentioned that along with my love of Ice I love birds? Ravens and crows especially. I look at Swain and think..there's a guy I can support if he ran for Parliment.
- Oddly enough Avi..that Ice bird does nothing for me..trying too hard Rito.
- So tell me about Fiddlesticks. Who, what, why and mostly..how?
- Another thing..maximising my levelling build. I tend to play supp so first I go spell dagger and ward, then sightstone before going AP. Is there a better way to do it? Generally if I'm up against a heavy spell user I may pick up some resist and boots along the way.
So..levels of hype increasing. I haven't had much time today to do anything but rejigger my room and clean the COPIOUS amounts of dust off stuff. Oh and here's a picture of my floor..enjoy:
tbc in the possible 30+ fps future.
aka: 'I see..so there's an hdmi output on the graphics card as well? No wonder I'm getting no video' - me
Salutations all and welcome to a brand new computer day...that's right, Mephistopheles sent me this new PC after I promised I would forget my marriage to Mary Jane. I think I came out on top of that deal...<-< >->
- Full warning..I'm not a computer person. I do my best but IT is my brother's speciality and I tend to just leave him to it. I'm better with non-silicone objects. *Groucho Marx Eyebrows Lift*
- It took me forever to find the lead, but they'd put it in the motherboard box for some reason. Why would I look there for it and the Windoze dvd (remember I have no dvd drive)
- I plugged the hdmi into the motherboard as the socket on the graphics card was hidden under a lip of metal..luckily support did actually know what they were doing...and HDMI was quickly moved. Should I be using DVI instead? No speakers at the moment but..well, we'll get to that.
- That's not withstanding all the nonsense of getting used to a new keyboard (with a tiny delete key..keep hitting the hash button..tres annoying) and setting the thing up but it's done.
- The audio in jacks are fucking terrible. They're..ergh. My mic sounds awful.
- I'm having to use my tv with the hdmi and it looks ghastly. At 1080p everything is blurry and gives me a headache so I've knocked it down to 720p and it's okayish. Ps4 and ps3 look fine on the tv but the audio has always been piss poor.
- Tried out some recording using Shadowplay. My mic sounds like it's underwater so I may just put some clean recordings up at some point. Shadowplay works really well.
- I didn't manage to transfer a lot of my stuff over due to issues with my usb so new pictures and stuff for some things.
- I managed a couple of games last night. I had a great supp Morgana game with some crazy 7/4/22 or something ratio followed by a 0/7/5 ratio. You win some and you lose some.
- Pessh kindly invited me into a draft game. First one I'd seen. Banning of Blitzcrank did not happen but surprisingly someone else wanted to play support...and was terrible at it...while playing Morgana..no, I'm not bitter.
- Quick note - I ended up dying as the ADC (as noted in comments we got out played by a large margin) Tristana - but I was asked why I didn't originally take Flash. I did eventually take it but here's my reasons for why I generally never take flash:
- Keep in mind this is my own take on it - just because everyone else does something doesn't mean I have to but it also means that you can do whatever you feel like.
- I don't like it and I don't trust myself enough not to waste it. Obvious first answer.
- Mostly I play support - If you aren't taking heal and teleport/drain? I would argue in my opinion you're aren't doing it right. The Morgana supp I played with took drain and flash...great help that was. You gonna flash into that ice arrow to save me? didn't think so.
- Morgana has a root and a slow, Liss has a root, slow and a teleport, Nami has a speed buff, stun and heal. Fiddle can generally heal his way through, drop a fear and he also has a flash with his ult anyway. In these cases I'd always take teleport because it allows you to jump around the map faster..get to lanes when needed and appear behind everyone in a push situation.
- Everyone expects you to Flash, thus they drop an ignite on you anyway.
- In the case of ADCs, like Tristana I can see why it's important - to get out of trouble or get into trouble..but that's not how I play. I'm not an ADC...unless Liss counts but she has a flash move anyway.
- Flash, Ult, Zonya Morgana is just too many moving parts imo to get right at my level, also a waste of 3 things if it goes wrong. I'd argue getting back into lane to provide supp is far more important..especially in the early game.
- As I said, totally my opinion on this and I'm probably wrong - but those are my reasons for not choosing flash instantly and always. I usually go teleport/heal, Smite/Ignite or Teleport/Ignite.
- On another note I have zero runes..bar 3 low level things. I was advised to wait until level 30 to get any runes..does this still hold? Pessh's lack of champions mirrors my lack of runes. I probably have too many champions now...but...Fizz has a shark! A SHARK!
- STEAM WORKS..again. I played a bot match with my favourite flaming troll. Wasn't paying much attention and we stomped the bots in 14 mins. Absolutely nothing to do with me as I had a tiny kill ratio..so what happened there huh?
Yeah, so..sorry..not much to report as setting up my PC took most of the day. Recording works really well...though it will probably take a night to upload these 10 gig files on my bandwidth. Tempted to see if Twitch to youtube would work ok.
Oh and in case you were wondering. On max graphics levels I'm averaging about 170fps in League. So...no more excuses, ne?