Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NBA Jam

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

Return to the roots of arcade NBA basketball in the 2010 installment of NBA Jam. Developed by EA Canada for seventh-generation game consoles, this rebirth brings back the gameplay, aesthetics, and gratuitous secrets of the original 1993 arcade game.

NBA Jam HD Hitting Stores In November, Will Cost 50 Bones

• 165 results
    Avatar image for dork_metamorphosis
    Dork_Metamorphosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@Magicallystoopid said:
    " @Dork_Metamorphosis said:
    " @Naughton said:
    " @angelfan91 said:
    " Why are people saying this was going to be free?  It wasn't, you had to buy NBA Elite to get it, that's technically not free.  Now you're getting a better game, cheaper. "
    Yes, let's all pretend that this is a great deal when something that was meant to come free with a new, modern sports game is suddenly priced at $50.  It's practically a bargain! "
     The thing the whiners are conveniently missing is that the version of JAM that was going to come with Elite 11 was severely gimped. It was going to only feature exhibition mode, and a basic online exhibition mode. Now it has everything that the Wii version has, plus it's in HD, and has all the single-player modes, and come December it will have a more fully featured online mode. For the same price as the Wii version, which is only a few weeks old. Expecting to pay less for more is foolish. "
    There is something that's often said about a fool and his money, and it isn't that he refuses to pay $50 for an ancient arcade game "in HD".  "
    "ancient"?  ANCIENT?!  Okay if this was the original 1993 version than yes, you would have an argument.  This isn't though, and don't tell me for a second you were going to buy NBA Elite.  Because last I checked no one in their right mind was going to buy that.    In fact, I'm even going to say right here and now, the majority of people on here complaining about the price tag.  Come this holiday season, or even the day of it's release.  They're going to AT LEAST seriously consider buying the game, at least.  It happened with Left 4 Dead 2, and it's going to happen here.  All this is, is complaining for the sake of complaining. "
    I didn't buy Left 4 Dead 2, and I will not consider buying this new, at this price.  As a basketball fan and a fan of sports games in general, I was considering checking out NBA Elite, because it might have been something good.  In fact, I have NBA Live 2K11 in my Gamefly queue at the moment, and if I enjoy it I will purchase that at full price.  Your assumptions are incorrect.

There's a difference between whining and being unconvinced that something is worth the asking price. 
    Avatar image for magicallystoopid
    Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Magicallystoopid
    @Dork_Metamorphosis said:
    " @Magicallystoopid said:
    " @Naughton said:
    " @angelfan91 said:
    " Why are people saying this was going to be free?  It wasn't, you had to buy NBA Elite to get it, that's technically not free.  Now you're getting a better game, cheaper. "
    Yes, let's all pretend that this is a great deal when something that was meant to come free with a new, modern sports game is suddenly priced at $50.  It's practically a bargain! "
     The thing the whiners are conveniently missing is that the version of JAM that was going to come with Elite 11 was severely gimped. It was going to only feature exhibition mode, and a basic online exhibition mode. Now it has everything that the Wii version has, plus it's in HD, and has all the single-player modes, and come December it will have a more fully featured online mode. For the same price as the Wii version, which is only a few weeks old. Expecting to pay less for more is foolish. "
    There is something that's often said about a fool and his money, and it isn't that he refuses to pay $50 for an ancient arcade game "in HD".  "
    "ancient"?  ANCIENT?!  Okay if this was the original 1993 version than yes, you would have an argument.  This isn't though, and don't tell me for a second you were going to buy NBA Elite.  Because last I checked no one in their right mind was going to buy that.    In fact, I'm even going to say right here and now, the majority of people on here complaining about the price tag.  Come this holiday season, or even the day of it's release.  They're going to AT LEAST seriously consider buying the game, at least.  It happened with Left 4 Dead 2, and it's going to happen here.  All this is, is complaining for the sake of complaining. "
    I didn't buy Left 4 Dead 2, and I will not consider buying this new, at this price.  As a basketball fan and a fan of sports games in general, I was considering checking out NBA Elite, because it might have been something good.  In fact, I have NBA Live 2K11 in my Gamefly queue at the moment, and if I enjoy it I will purchase that at full price.  Your assumptions are incorrect.  There's a difference between whining and being unconvinced that something is worth the asking price.  "
    If your "unconvinced" about it, there's a difference between simply that and calling people like me who still plan on buying the game at their nearest convenience "fools" for doing so.
    Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Tesla

And I thought the release of that Laura Croft game was handled poorly.  

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By NekuCTR

....oh I get it, that was a good one, hahahaha.... Oh god your serious.

EDIT: and shipping it just a week after black Op's? It's like they want this game to crash and burn just out of spite that no one wanted to play their other game.

Construc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Construc

I'll pay for this!

Nunchuckles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Nunchuckles

On a side note, shouldn't this game be released on the 16th.  All video games except for Nintendo are released on Tuesdays.  And I mean ALL video games are released on a Tuesday.  I was just wondering.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Milkman

I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms about this.. The Wii version is $50 and no one had a problem with that. Plus, this version is in HD and has online. The "free" version that came with Elite was just going to have Exhibition mode. That's like an eighth of the game. 

yindotrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 33

#58  Edited By yindotrunks

Why would anyone expect to pay less than a third of the price for a brand new fully featured game?

Avatar image for deactivated-6620058d9fa01
    deactivated-6620058d9fa01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am upset over this because I live in a fantasy land.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By 137

whats the button for "PASS" 

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
    deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shouldn't we all just be happy this game is coming out?  NBA Jam's a classic and totally deserves a remake.  Quit bitchin' and moaning about the price tag, and be psyched we're getting what looks to be a really cool update.

Quansto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Quansto

Its sad that people are going to try and defend this- the truth is that the EA guys thought so little of this game that they threw it in with a bigger title to help push people over the edge. When their product went WAY FUCKING SOUTH, EA thought they would capitalize. 

Can you say switch and bait? 

While I would pay money for this game- $50 is laughable, but people WILL buy it for fifty bones. This game has DLC written all over it.

Zelnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Zelnox

Well, NBA Jam Wii is still 59.99 in Canada. >_<

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By goodwood

As much as I would rather have it on the 360, I have played it plenty on my wii and has been worth the 50 dollars I dont get why people are thinking its too much. the original dlc version was going to be completely stripped down.

patrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65  Edited By patrick
    @Haru48 said:
    " ....oh I get it, that was a good one, hahahaha.... Oh god your serious.  EDIT: and shipping it just a week after black Op's? It's like they want this game to crash and burn just out of spite that no one wanted to play their other game. "
    The venn diagram of shooter audience and sports game audience isn't exactly a single circle.
    patrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By patrick
    @Quansto said:
    " This game has DLC written all over it. "
    Except the part where it came out on the Wii and got fine reviews. Oops.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67  Edited By Dalai

People bitched when it was Wii exclusive. 

Then people rejoiced when a barebones NBA Jam was going to come to the 360 and PS3 when you buy the $60 NBA Elite 11 even though these people probably wouldn't touch Elite. 

Then people bitch about a standalone $50 NBA Jam for the 360 and PS3 with all the extras as well as online. 

People suck balls.

TadThuggish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

#68  Edited By TadThuggish

I PAID $50 DOLLARS TO SUPPORT GAME CRITICISM, I CONSTANTLY POST ON VIDEO GAME FORUMS AND TOPICS, BUT WHOOPS, I FORGOT. 

I HATE VIDEO GAMES!!!

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By pwnasaurus

no way no how EA.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Evilsbane

Huh EA has been doing a lot right in the last few years...what the hell are they doing now?

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By briangodsoe

So a full priced Wii game should be $15 on XBLA in spite of the fact that it adds HD and online because? 

Duecenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By Duecenage
    @zoner said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " doesn't this contain all the features of the wii version? what's wrong with it being priced at 50$?  "
    Nothing. Gamers are just feeling entitled as usual. It comes with everything the Wii version had and plans to add more for free. Do people think they deserve cheaper prices for the same product as the Wii? It doesn't help that Nicholson fuels the flames in the subtitle. "
    I agree.. the subtitle that Nicholson added was the type of bullshit slander I expect of Kotaku(Which is also why I stopped reading their articles... they seem to want to incite flame wars for the sake of "hits") 
    This is a totally justifiable price because; A)It's the exact same price as another version with at least the same amount of content and B)This version of the game has even more content than that other version. 
    Usually PS3 and 360 games are 10 bucks more than their Wii counterpart and I'm thankful that this time, that's not the case.
    DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DriveupLife

OK Giantbomb, enough with the god damn NBA Jam news.

Tredik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Tredik

I'm a sucker, so day one purchase for me. Still some time to shoehorn Wrex in, Jam Team...

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Sanious

This sounds great. Can't wait for it. 

Anyone complaining is a straight up baby.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#76  Edited By Claude

I almost bought this the other day. If I do buy it, it will be for the Wii. The motion controls seem to work well and I like having my hands free. I don't really care about HD, I don't have it.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#77  Edited By Sooperspy

Imma gonna get it.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By RsistncE

lol EA

Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Double0hFor

NOT WORTH IT

langdon_alger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By langdon_alger

hmmm, might be a go, if a deal can be found

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#81  Edited By Jeffsekai

No one, NO ONE is allowed to complain about this.  

NO ONE. 

THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE WANTED

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#82  Edited By nintendoeats

I'm not even interest in this...but if I was, I wouldn't buy it until after the update. Because releasing a game without all the content is NOT COOL.

Avatar image for heroicdrinkingsong
    HeroicDrinkingSong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@MysteriousBob said:
    " 31 quid?! Jesus, thats insane. If you're going to charge that much, make it a full retail game.  This was going to be my first ever sports game as I'm fond of the original. Not any more. "
    It is a full retail game.  Thats the price it going for on the Wii and its in HD and has online support which the Wii version dosent..
    sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#84  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Great news!

megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#85  Edited By megalowho

I'm with the people bitching at the bitchers. Same exact price and offline content as the Wii version, looks better, online play AND we get a free update for the stuff they didn't have time to cram in while still hitting their holiday window. Not smelling any stank here.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#86  Edited By jakob187
    @Dalai said:
    " People bitched when it was Wii exclusive.  Then people rejoiced when a barebones NBA Jam was going to come to the 360 and PS3 when you buy the $60 NBA Elite 11 even though these people probably wouldn't touch Elite.  Then people bitch about a standalone $50 NBA Jam for the 360 and PS3 with all the extras as well as online.  People suck balls. "
    You bring internet win to a boil, Dalai.  Thank you very much for words of logic. 

It's funny to see people bitching.  I'll be buying it day one.  Why?  Because it's muthafuckin' NBA Jam, son!
    Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Lunar_Aura

This game went from "must buy" to "must buy later"

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Hot_Karl
    @fedorajay said:
    " I love NBA Jam, but $50?

Would you guys buy that TMNT Reshelled game for $50?
    Would you buy Hydro Thunder HD at $50?
    How about that Outrun Online for $50?

It's a remake of an arcade game. People are freaking out that it''s fifty dollars because it's fifty dollars!    For an arcade remake. "
    Would I buy TMNT? No, because it's a beat-em-up which has the life span of 40 minutes. 
    Would I buy Hydro Thunder? Possibly, probably not but I do love me some Hydro Thunder
    Outrun? Not a huge Outrun fan but I loved the "arcade remake" Outrun Coast 2 Coast that I bought on the PSP so I could see myself paying $50 for it. 

It's a remake of an arcade game. It's more of an update. There are updates that aren't in the original game, not to mention a few new modes (Remix Tour, prerequisite season mode) and Online support. Would it be a hell of a deal for $20 on XBLA? Yeah of course it would. But it has enough content on it to support the full retail disc product, I believe, especially for us NBA Jam fans. I'd argue that I would probably get more play out of the $50 NBA Jam package than I would from any God of War or Call of Duty or any multimillion dollar budget game, actually.  

Yet again, gamers are acting like they're entitled to absolutely anything. We're getting the same game as the Wii version, plus online support and even more (free) DLC in the future, for the same price. How are we getting fucked over again?  Oh that's right, WE'RE NOT.
    rndmtask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By rndmtask

$50? No thanks. I'll wait until its on sale for 30 or less.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#90  Edited By MightyDuck

I'll be picking this up.

The way I see it, we're getting online play and extra DLC for the same price as the wii.  I'm up for that.  That's just my opinion though.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#91  Edited By Bruce

I'd rather play NBA 2k11 to be honest.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#92  Edited By Marino  Staff

You guys complaining about the price are crazy.  I really don't understand what the reasoning behind your outrage is.

agentmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By agentmoo

Damn you EA, putting that high price on my nostalgia... I'll probably just rent this

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#94  Edited By wrathofconn
    @Jeffsekai
    No one, NO ONE is allowed to complain about this.  

NO ONE. 

THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE WANTED
    @Skooky
    I am upset over this because I live in a fantasy land.
    Quansto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Quansto
    @patrick said:
    " @Quansto said:
    " This game has DLC written all over it. "
    Except the part where it came out on the Wii and got fine reviews. Oops. "
    Actually, I wasn't talking about the quality of the game, but rather the "tacked-on" nature that EA gave it. No oops needed, just read it more carefully chief. :)

I would totally pick this game up, $15 sounds about right. Shame about the Wii, hope you didnt get stuck with the $50 for something A LOT of people almost got for significantly less; dodged a bullet there lol. 
    thagrateone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#96  Edited By thagrateone

who expects anything less from EA? wow...i am impressed....not

mcdrew77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#97  Edited By mcdrew77

This is too much for what they are putting in the retail box copy. I'll wait till it goes down to $30 or less next year.

Avatar image for magicallystoopid
    Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Magicallystoopid

You know I'm hoping tomorrow that EA Sports announces that they're canceling this game just because of all this pathetic complaining and in the press statement it just says "We're sick of trying to please you assholes.  Up yours."

I want to see that happen SOOOO badly now, and I'd completely understand why they'd do it.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#99  Edited By wrighteous86

The thing that annoys me most about modern gamers is the feeling of entitlement.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#100  Edited By Hailinel

People were expecting this game to cost less?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.