Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NES Remix Pack

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 24, 2014

The first two NES Remix games are presented on a limited edition physical disc release.

Can't launch with Wii Remote or classic controller

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By agentboolen

Just bought this and a cheap used Wii U that didn't have the game pad. I looked on the back of this and it shows a bunch of supported controllers but if I try to launch the game with the Wii Remote or Wii Remote plus classic controller it won't launch stating that I need the Pad with the screen to start. Kinda disappointing since i spent $20 on this, not to mention on the internet I hear that there is a update that's suppose to get this to use those other controllers.

Is anyone else able to get this to work with just the Wii Remote?

Also maybe what's screwing this up from working is that I haven't been able set up my wifi since this stupid machine needs the Pad to get into the system setup.

Anyone have any advice to fix my problem. Sure borrowing someones Pad would probably fix this problem, but I don't know anyone that has this system.

Skinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Skinky

You will need a WiiU Gamepad to boot, this goes for all software.

It's not the lack of a Wifi connection.

Nintendo themselves sell refurbished ones at low cost. I would also invest in a secondhand copy of Mario Maker, it will soften the blow. It's also good system for playing retro classics on Virtual console. Get your monies worth there.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By agentboolen

@skinky: that's where your wrong I was able to boot up and play Super Mario 3d world and Donkey Kong tropical freeze with out the pad so not all games need it. Honestly maybe for this game it's not possible but I've heard this game doesn't need the pad. I'm feeling like maybe it just needs to boot up once with the pad and then I could just use the Wii remote to boot it up after that, but I might be wrong.

Do you have the nes remix pack and a Wii remote? If not too much trouble can you see if you can launch it once you have a save file on the Wii u with just the Wii remote.

Honestly I don't really want that many games for this system and feel like it is possible to rough it out with the pad.

For your suggestion where can I find a refurbished pad from Nintendo? I've looked at there refurbished section on there site but I only see the system. EBay it's a bit more then I want to pay at $100.

This system really is ridiculous with this pad, I bet it would have done better if they didn't force this dumb pad on people. Sorry if I'm sounding like a Nintendo hater right now, but this was a stupid decision on there end. Ok I'm done venting, if you can let me know if it boots up after the original boot with just remote, thanks in advance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.