Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NHL 09

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 10, 2008

NHL 09 adds major improvements to the franchise, such as the defense skill stick and the highly praised Be A Pro Mode, to make this sports game one of the best of 2008.

NHL 09 or Madden 09?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am not a big sports game type of person.  In fact, I haven't bought a sports game for my 360 yet (with the exception of Fight Night).  However, I do want to get one of these games because I sort of want to get back into sports games.  I don't care much about the sport, but Madden and NHL are the two I am looking at.  What game is BETTER? I don't care what sport, just the better game.  I played NHL 09's demo and liked it and I also played Madden's demo and enjoyed it but the IQ thing was pretty stupid in my opinion. 

MildlyPsycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MildlyPsycho

They are both solid games, but NHL 09 has so many great features.  The Be a Pro mode is awesome and it ties in perfectly with the EA Sports Hockey League.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Dizzyhippos

NHL hands down, madden is ok but nhl feels like a much better game, even if you dont know much about hockey it is still a fun and easy game to play

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By albedos_shadow

NHL 09. No question.

Wuffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Wuffi

nhl 09 is amazing

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Dizzyhippos

anyone can enjoy NHL09 even playing it againts friends madden if you dont know football you are pretty well fucked

kratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By kratos

This shouldn't even be a question NHL 09 is the most enjoyable most polished, thought out, complete experience I've had on my PS3 not sports, but games in general.  It's fantastic.

Funnyman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Funnyman22

Madden is great for people who are into the details of sports - you need to be able to pick the right play at the right time in order to be successful. NHL is great for those who don't want to focus on what play to run or aren't as serious about their sports games, and want an action packed non-stop singleplayer or multiplayer experience - Madden has a much more stop-n-go feel.

Mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Mattzz10

I have liked NHL 09 more than any other sports game, and I think I will a ton of time online, let alone the single player.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.