Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 05, 2021

A crossover platformer-fighting game with famous Nickelodeon cartoon characters. Considered a follow-up to Nickelodeon's "Super Brawl" series of browser games.

Which characters would you like to see added to the roster?

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By noboners

With the reveal of Nickelodeon All Star Brawl this week, they announced 14 of the characters included on the roster with more characters to be announced at a later date.

So far the roster is:

Helga (Hey Arnold!)

Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)

Sandy Cheeks (Spongebob Squarepants)

Zim (Invader Zim)

Nigel Thornberry (The Wild Thornberrys)

Michelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

Spongebob Squarepants (Spongebob Squarepants)

Patrick Star (Spongebob Squarepants)

Reptar (Rugrats)

Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)

Lucy Loud (The Loud House)

Oblina (Aahh!! Real Monsters)

Powdered Toast Man (Ren & Stimpy)

Since that announcement, the cover of the game has leaked and with it, there are a few other characters rumored to be added:

Korra (Legend of Korra)

Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

Catdog (Catdog)

Ren (Ren & Stimpy)

Stimpy (Ren & Stimpy)

Since I am in my 30's, my knowledge of The Loud House is pretty minimal, but the inclusion of some of the late 90's-early 00's characters makes me feel like the roster is wide open. So I wonder: Who would you like to see added to the roster?

The only character I really wanted to see was Quailman (Doug) and it seemed like a no brainer up until I remembered that Disney purchased the rights to Doug after 52 episodes and I highly doubt they will allow his likeness in this game. So next up, I guess I would hope for Inside Out Boy or someone from Kablam!

EDIT: Updated the rumored list once a few folks pointed out Ren & Stimpy's silhouettes clearly on the box art.

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@noboners: Doug would have been cool, since he's one of the originals. Perhaps Stick Stickley would be a nice get. Characters from Action League Now! would also be cool.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mechashadow84: Stick Stickley would be great, but possibly better suited for an Assist Trophy equivalent (if that exists). And really any acknowledgement of the fever dream that was Weinerville would be excellent.

And good call with the Action League Now! Characters. That could definitely be fun.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

The following suggestions I'd make without knowledge of who currently owns what:

My first thought is to make Dagget and Norbert into an Ice Climbers style character. If they have super moves in this game then theirs can be (MORE) Beaver Fever.

I guess you could do Rocko and give him loads of jackhammer based attacks but I don't know. Otherwise the only other one from Rocko's Modern Life to make sense would be Really Really Big Man. Just don't get the fat guy!

Honestly the only Fairly Odd Parents character fit for a fighting game would be Jorgen Von Strangle and I'm fine with that.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

He was on Nick once, so it's not impossible...

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bigsocrates
    No Caption Provided

Stop restricting it to cartoons only! And for everyone who says the art styles of realistic characters and cartoons, I mean, it's been done perfectly in the past.

No Caption Provided

Also, of course

No Caption Provided

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Highly disappointing that they took the cowards way out and put Reptar in instead of just having an actual baby beat people up. Let Tommy Pickles throw hands!

Put the Eddie McDowd the dog in there! Then let Blue from Blue's Clues just bite the shit out of people.

Also, put the live action people in there! Just go nuts and have Kenan & Kel fighting Lori Beth Danberg fighting Jamie Lynn Spears. Go nutty with it.

franzlska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I guess my feelings on who "has to make it" depends on how many characters they intend to add beyond what they've announced. I don't see them adding many if any of the franchise's live-action and early-childhood characters (maybe Dora gets in though.) The only characters I think need to be in there that haven't already been confirmed one way or another are Jenny Wakeman and Snap from ChalkZone, though Doug could be a neat inclusion too.

As for characters I could see making the cut, I think Sheen, Fanboy and/or Chum Chum, and Timmy Turner are pretty plausible inclusions. Maybe... I don't know, Vendetta from Making Fiends or some character from Mighty B if they want an especially deep cut character.

@bigsocrates: Although it hasn't been officially stated, Ren and Stimpy are both all-but-confirmed to show up, given how readily apparent their silhouettes are in the center of the box art.

No Caption Provided
    bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@franzlska: Yeah I'm sure Ren and Stimpy will be in there, both because of the silhouettes and because Powdered Toast Man is. The only reason not to include them would be because of the bad stuff their creator did, but then you'd skip PTM too.

They absolutely need to put some live action people in there. Part of the appeal of Smash Brothers is the absolute insanity of having Ryu square off against Banjo Kazooie, or Bayonetta take on Mario. Nickelodeon could get a similar effect if you could use Reptar to battle Donkeylips, or have Rocko face off against The Ferg.

If they don't have Clarissa as a tutorial character explaining the moves to you then we all need to riot!

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Crimson Chin

Mark Summers

Keenan Thompson

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Alex Mack comes pre-loaded with fighting game character moves, don't be jerks Nickelodeon fighting game people.

glik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

No Caption Provided

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stu Pickles is ready to be up all fuckin' night layin' waste to fools.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By noboners

I updated the OP to include Ren and Stimpy since some pointed out it's clearly on the box.

I would love to see some live action characters like others have mentioned but I can't imagine what it would take to get actual people's likeness into this game as opposed to just cartoon characters Nick owns. Unless character identity overrides person's likeness?

I'm probably just over thinking it all...but that would be cool!

I completely forgot about Jimmy Neutron, but I would think they'd include a character from that considering it's one of the Nick properties to get a theatrical release...

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bigsocrates

@noboners: You can't imagine what it would take to get actual people's likenesses into the game?

No Caption Provided

You call up Toby Huss's agent or Melissa Joan Hart's agent or whoever's agent you're interested in and ask them how much they would charge for a likeness fee. If you want them to record a few lines you throw in that cash too. It's not fundamentally different than licensing characters that aren't owned by Nickelodeon or cutting Tom Kenny a check if you want him to voice a couple lines for the game. At this point Hollywood is very used to making these kinds of deals, and it's not like the people you'd want to get involved are A list celebrities. I'm pretty sure that Toby Huss's likeness is very affordable, as opposed to whatever it cost to get Kevin Spacey into Call of Duty.

Additionally there is the option of including the characters but not the likenesses. We've seen this with games like The Avengers where you have the Avengers but not the movie actors who played them. Of course it probably doesn't make sense to go with generic Artie The Strongest Man in the World (who has a very identifiable costume so would be easy to include even without Huss's face) when Toby Huss will probably do it for a five figure payoff.

At this point this stuff is super common and it's not like CBS Viacom lawyers aren't used to making these kinds of deals. They probably have relationships with at least some of the talent already for merchandizing and other purposes, so it would be pretty easy. And again, we're not talking about trying to license the likenesses of A-list celebrities here. You also don't need fancy mocapping or anything because this is a simple cartoony game and normal animation will be fine. Getting Chris Pratt into the new Guardians of the Galaxy game would cost millions upon millions of dollars. Getting Miranda Cosgrove into a game like this? Much cheaper. Plus they're currently working with her so it's super easy to get her agent on the phone, and they could use it for cross promotional purposes (though iCarly might not be the right character for a fighting game, maybe better for their next Kart racer.)

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By noboners

@bigsocrates: well yeah I meant I can't imagine the process as opposed to throwing money at it obviously being the solution, but you laid those steps out pretty clear. Thanks! Seems much easier than I would have expected so long as everyone's still in good standing with each other.

The addition of Human based fighters would make me (not actually) excited for the inevitable sequel: "Paramount's All Star Brawl Royale" where members of the Big Bang Theory and Two & a Half Men take on the boys and girls of South Park.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tartyron

Penny from the old, ooooooolllllllldddd Nick bumpers.

I think it was connected with pee wee’s playhouse.

Subversive Animation Began With Pee Wee's 'Penny Cartoons'1200 × 630

prozonelayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Face from Nick Jr would make a great stage.

Other than that I think they got a lot of the big ones, Meltman would be great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.