Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ninja Blade

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 07, 2009

A cinematic action game for the Xbox 360, in a vein similar to Ninja Gaiden.

Demo up in Japan, impressions and how to get it!

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael

So the demo is up in Japan. You can download it if you have a Japanese Gold account(read how to get one here). Unlike the Resident Evil 5 Japanese demo, this one will work on any 360 console(at least when you've unplugged the network cable).

The demo is the same as the TGS one. It didn't feel at all like a Ninja Gaiden ripoff, more like DMC without a gun. The combat is smooth, and the three weapon types all work well. There's a lot of QTE's, but it doesn't feel annoying at all - the cutscenes were gonna be there anyway, so why not put a little interactivity in there? At one part you got to either dodge or slash up enemies while running down the wall of a skyscraper! How cool is that? In the end there was a giant spider boss fight. You didn't get to finish it, but what you got to play was really neat. Dodging his shockwaves in slo-mo ninja vision was sweet as hell...   Anyway, judging from the demo this game will be awesome(I'd say it's a lot better than NG2, but then again I hated that game) and I'm definitely buying it.
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Kazona

I'm not gonna go through all this hassle just for a demo. But from the gameplay clips I have seen so far I am definitely excited for this game, and I agree that it doesn't look like a Ninja Gaiden clone at all.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Icemael

Hassle? It takes about 5 minutes(and your 4 first live accounts get a free 1-month gold membership).

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TwoOneFive

this game looks like crap dude. sony is supposedly working on a new ninja game, supposed to be reallly good. 

im tired of wanna DMC, ninja gaidens and god of wars. this new ninja game is supposed to be really cool though. 
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Icemael

Have you played the demo?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.