Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

My 3DS Rant

• 56 results
    Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff

Are you excited about the 3DS? Have you already put down your $250 at your local GameStop? It seems like everyone I talk to personally is piloting the bandwagon for this thing. So am I alone in wondering what the big deal is? Am I just a jaded, pessimistic person? Actually, that part may be true regardless. But really, I just can't seem to get excited about this. 

What?
    What?
    My first point of contention... Why is no one up in arms about the lack of a second analog stick...nub...disc...thing? For six years now (holy shit, it's been six years), the first thing you hear out of someone's mouth when complaining about the PSP is the lack of a second analog. You know damn well if Sony had debuted the NGP without one, people would've rioted in the streets. Yet when I bring up this problem about the 3DS, people argue that the touch screen alleviates this issue. I gotta call bullshit on that one. Even Nintendo gave up on that ridiculous wrist-strap-thumb-strap-nub thing that was included with the original DS. Did you ever try to play Mario 64 with that thing?  

Secondly, it would be nice if we knew what the hell we were getting on day one. We're almost a month away from launch. And this ten week "launch window" bullshit is simply insane. I'm sure Street Fighter IV is good. You know why? Because I've already bought it...twice! I don't really have any desire to play it again regardless of the StreetPass features. The only time I'll likely ever be able to utilize the StreetPass stuff is at PAX once or twice a year anyway. Scrolling through online retailers list of games, I don't really see anything worth getting, which brings me to my last point. 

Why the hell is Nintendo trying to sell us this thing by showing us Nintendo 64 games? I love Star Fox 64, but they sold us the original DS on portable N64 games! That was seven years ago. SEVEN! Am I really supposed to be excited about playing portable versions of games that I played 14 years ago?

I know I'll get one eventually, I just don't see the point any time soon. Could someone enlighten me here?
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By benpack

I agree with your second point, I won't be getting one until there is solid software out or at least announced. 
    But regarding your first point. I don't see why a second nub is needed. The kinds of games I will be playing on a 3DS don't need them. When I think about my favorite DS games, I think Phoenix Wright, Advance Wars, Castlevania, Henry Hatsowrth. The list is full of games that don't need a second nub. The only reason you would need a second one is for first person shooters, which I don't want on a 3DS anyway, or dual joystiq shooters, for which a stylus can be used as a second stick.

Avatar image for thevideohustler
    TheVideoHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheVideoHustler

I'm left handed and the 3DS looks like it'll discriminate the shit out of me

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By McGhee

I agree with you. When hearing people talk about playing Kid Icarus on the 3DS and how hard it is to control, it made me wonder why they didn't just put a second stick on it. The developers seem to be having to put way too much time into getting around the control limitations. If I had to buy either the 3DS or the NGP, I would easily go with the NGP. 

But that doesn't really matter, because I probably won't buy either. My portable gaming platform of choice is the iPhone.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Brendan

As with the original DS (or any handheld) I'll wait about a year or until the first hardware revision to see whether the system has gained any traction or not.  Your concerns are not unfounded.

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AndyPhifer

I've got an iPhone, so the 3DS is pointless and ridiculous.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Slaker117

Yeah, I don't really care either. They made a more powerful DS. Great. I wasn't looking for power from the DS. The 3D is a gimmick, and the price is too damn high. If they can come out with some compelling games for it, I'll be interested, but I doubt those will be games that had to be on the 3DS. I don't get the point of the system yet, and won't be surprised if there really isn't one.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

Gamestop has pretty specific dates for a number of early 3DS releases.  I don't know how accurate they all are, but they seem pretty natural.  It's close enough to the launch of the handheld to see why they'd be wrong.

As far as a second nub goes, no, it doesn't need one.  I am a lefty, and it will be weird getting used to games like Kid Icarus, but I'm not going to knock it until I try it.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blueduck

More and more it seems like Nintendo has become a company that is only interested in releasing rehashes of their past and Iphone app store games (only theirs cost full price.) 

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Marino  Staff

Just for the record.  This is what Gamestop.com has listed for day one... 

• Lego Star Wars III  
    • Madden NFL Football
    • Samurai Warriors Chronicles 
    • The Sims 3 
    • Super Monkey Ball 
    • Super Street Fighter IV

Yeah... great.
    wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By wickedsc3

The 3ds doesn't need a second thumb stick because the games Nintendo makes are not geared towards FPS which is mainly what dual thumb sticks are for.  I do agree with your second point as i also will not be picking one up until i start to see some interesting games for it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King

I think people were complaining about the PSP's lack of a second stick because it's been somewhat similar to the PS2. For the 3DS, I don't know what to expect, yet. I'm not even entirely sure what the line-up will be, even though I see your post right above mine.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bribo

I'm as torn as you are and cannot help you with this particular quandry, but might I remind everyone that iPhone games are shit?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hailinel
    @Marino said:
    " Just for the record.  This is what Gamestop.com has listed for day one... 

• Lego Star Wars III  
    • Madden NFL Football
    • The Sims 3 
    • Super Monkey Ball 

Yeah... great.
    "
    Shit, man.  Samurai Warriors Chronicles means I am set.
    Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Kyle
    @Marino: I definitely agree about the one analog stick thing. I don't know why more people aren't talking about this as being a major problem.
    UltorOscariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#16  Edited By UltorOscariot

OP's first point is moot.  Outside for first gen DS software, the bread and butter of the DS has never been aping console experiences.  Funnily enough, it's best games are made specifically with the platform in mind, whereas arguably most of the PSP's best games are console experiences shoe horned onto into a less able platform.   Hence why people were always barking for a second stick on a PSP successor.  

I do agree with the second point though.  Even though I have one pre-ordered on Amazon, that launch line up does not excite me.   It looks like I'll be spending a lot of time with Steel Diver until some more meaty titles release later in the year.  

As for the final point, it's not clear.  At least in terms of Star Fox 64, its a game people remember fondly.  Slap some better textures on it, re-record Slippy's audio, push in some obligatory 3D effects, and it might be worth a look.  I'd rather have an original Star Fox(or a downloadable release of the canceled Star Fox 2), but Star Fox 64 more or less is the last Star Fox I declare an an unqualified appreciation for.   DS didn't exactly have a bunch of N64 ports that I remember, and it was probably born out of desperation to have some type of high profile title in the launch window.  In all respects, the original DS launch software was just as abysmal as what we're seeing for the 3DS.

Other than that, I got to admit, part of the reason I've got one pre-order is pure habit.  I've been a Nintendo early adopter for a long time now.  Still got my Virtual Boy, even if the left eye piece is experiencing vertical hold issues.  The other part, is supply concerns, since there is some possibility this thing could start flying off the shelves.  I'd hate for decent software to hit, and then spend a couple weeks trying to track one down.  

TJ311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By TJ311

i have to disagree with your first point. most of Nintendo's consoles only have one analog stick so one on a handheld should be no big deal. 

second point is right on. i thought launch window meant the first couple of weeks, not couple of months. most of the games dont seem interesting anyway. im not getting one rite away. 

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#18  Edited By Valkyr

N64 ports are stupid, we are in 2011 you can't be porting from a 15 year old console, the PSP ported PS2 (a generation ahead of the N64) 6 years ago, they are selling us smoke, how can Nintendo not be ashamed that Sony's new portable is several times more powerful than a Wii?, for casual games we have the smartphones, we don't need another $250 device to play games a la angry birds.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By unchained

I have one pre-ordered. I'm half tempted to leave it unopened and sell it around Christmas time if no game I'm interested in is released/announced. 

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By MooseyMcMan

While I do agree that only one analog dealy is lame, I also enjoyed playing Metroid Prime Hunters with the stylus for aiming a whole lot, and found it to be a lot faster/more precise than an analog dealy would have been, so there are ways of controlling camera without using the stupid thumb thing. 

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Marino  Staff
    @GlenTennis: @Hailinel: @wickedsc3: @UltorOscariot: @WR311:  

You guys saying a second analog is unnecessary are terribly short sighted.  Your argument is that past DS games are designed to not need it?  That's like saying the SNES doesn't need six buttons because NES games are designed to require only two.  DS games are designed to not use a right analog stick because there simply isn't one.  If given that option, I'm sure developers would seize the opportunity to use it.  Not just for FPS games, but for camera control in any type of game.
    FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FourWude

The hypocrisy against the PSP is sickening. The 3DS gets a free ride for not having a second analog stick when clearly the games are now fully 3D and needed. The 3DS also gets a free ride of having ports of older console games when the PSP was slammed for the exact same thing.

This Nintendo bias will not stand up anymore. 

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gruff182

I'm not excited at all. Though I have ordered one for my Sisters birthday, so I can pretty much have my 10 mins of fun with it, then never touch it again.

Which seems to be the standard for all things Nintendo, since the N64. Shame really.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Hailinel said:

" @Marino said:

• Lego Star Wars III  
    • Madden NFL Football
    • The Sims 3 
    • Super Monkey Ball 

Yeah... great.
    "
    Shit, man.  Samurai Warriors Chronicles means I am set. "
    I'm not sure if that was sarcasm, but I'm actually looking forward to getting into these Warrios games again.  Does it seem like this would be a good place to start, or is this one looking like a quick rush job for the launch? 
    Anyway, the full European launch lineup has already been revealed, you can bet the US one will be pretty similar, if not identical. 

* Pilotwings Resort
    * Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever
    * Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog
    * Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle
    * Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
    * The Sims 3
    * PES 2011 3D
    * LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
    * Ridge Racer 3D
    * Super Monkey Ball 3D
    * Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
    * Asphalt 3D
    * Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
    * Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D
    * Rayman 3D

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hailinel
    @WinterSnowblind:  Nope, not sarcasm at all.  I recently put Samurai Warriors 3 back in my Wii and I'm still enjoying that.

@Marino: It's not short-sighted, really.  And your analogy is flawed.  The SNES had six buttons over the NES's two.  The 3DS does not have two analogue sticks.
    Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#26  Edited By Valkyr
    @FourWude said:
    "

The hypocrisy against the PSP is sickening. The 3DS gets a free ride for not having a second analog stick when clearly the games are now fully 3D and needed. The 3DS also gets a free ride of having ports of older console games when the PSP was slammed for the exact same thing.

This Nintendo bias will not stand up anymore. 

"
    I can't agree more. NA gamers hate Sony because it's Microsoft direct competitor and they feel like they have to support an american console instead of enjoying gaming as a whole. I tried to find an explanation for the initial weak PS3 sales, price, Live superiority but most of this dudes had a PS2 during their childhood and now they are bashing Sony every time they can just for the sake of it, I don't believe in console loyalty but this kind of blind fanboyism is stupid.
    adz117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By adz117
    @TheVideoHustler said:
    " I'm left handed and the 3DS looks like it'll discriminate the shit out of me "
    This! Holding the stylus in my right hand feels really uncomfortable but I of course don't want to lose the mobility of the stick. So as a left hander I must choose between what feels natural and no analogue, or analogue and uncomfortable hand cramp, it seems.  
    JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By JerichoBlyth

I think Nintendo are taking a risk with the 3DS. Granted that it is a MINIMAL risk because they're loaded right now following their success over the past 3 or 4 years with both the original DS systems and of course, the Wii.

But yeah, I have to say - I don't think half as many 'average joe's' are going to pick up a 3DS. It has lost its simplicity and charm and has favoured a gimmick, which will not have any logevity in the environment of the average home. I don't even feel that 3D TV's are going to take off, nevermind this thing. Same goes for full body motion gaming like Kinnect. It has no logevity and these things are often shoved under the bed before long.

I don't even believe most 'gamer' types will want to pick it up. Unless you're a huge fan of re-releases and re-hash Mario efforts.

I believe the future of POPULAR portable gaming lies with Apple's iPod future models and they just haven't fully realised it yet.

Avatar image for countinhallways
    countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By countinhallways
    @adz117 said:
    " @TheVideoHustler said:
    " I'm left handed and the 3DS looks like it'll discriminate the shit out of me "
    This! Holding the stylus in my right hand feels really uncomfortable but I of course don't want to lose the mobility of the stick. So as a left hander I must choose between what feels natural and no analogue, or analogue and uncomfortable hand cramp, it seems.   "
    Exactly! The lack of discussion about this topic is really quite odd.  
    The 3DS is designed with right-handed people in mind, with no real option for left handed people but to grin and bare it. Seriously, Nintendo are pretty much just saying "deal with it" to a fairly sizable portion of their audience. 
    I rarely care enough about such topics to get annoyed, but this one really gets me for some reason. As it stands right now, as a European left-handed person (not how I usually identify myself, hah) if I was to buy a 3DS I would have to pay an extortionate amount (equivalent to 340 dollars) and put up with an inferior experience due to my handedness. Not a chance I am doing so. 

Also the console itself and its launch titles hold zero interest for me. So I guess all of the above is kind of irrelevant...
    Avatar image for endlessobsidian
    EndlessObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EndlessObsidian

I think you guys are all missing the point. It's 3d dudes.... 3D. But seriously, I don't know how Nintendo does it but this thing will sell like hot cakes and I for one, will not be buying one.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SaFt
    @Valkyr said:
    " N64 ports are stupid, we are in 2011 you can't be porting from a 15 year old console, the PSP ported PS2 (a generation ahead of the N64) 6 years ago, they are selling us smoke, how can Nintendo not be ashamed that Sony's new portable is several times more powerful than a Wii?, for casual games we have the smartphones, we don't need another $250 device to play games a la angry birds. "
    While OOT might not be that different from the N64 Version (probably no new dungeons etc) it's not just a straight up dirty port, it's a re-make. 

Now i can't talk for the Star Fox game, but i'm quite ok with them re-making OOT.
    CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By CandleJakk

I wasn't overly excited for the 3DS until I played it, and now I'm much more optimistic. Admittedly, the launch line up is pretty fucking shocking, but I can see it being a worthwhile purchase much later on, when the breadth of games has increased. Kid Icarus wasn't that hard to play, just awkward to get used to, in a similar way to going back to a GameCube or N64 controller is awkward. You adjust pretty quickly. 

On the issue of a second analogue stick - I'm not that fussed, I think including a second one would have made the use of the ABXY buttons to un-ergonomic, and rendered the whole reason the DS exists (the touch screen) pointless, which would be bad business sense for Nintendo.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MikkaQ

I don't know how Nintendo looks at that launch lineup and says "Okay! I think we've got a strong launch here, let's do it!"  
    It just looks like the original DS launch + Nintendogs & Street FIghter.  

And what's with the stupid N64 rereleases? That was what the DS was for. I want Gamecube games on this piece. Of course, they'll have some trouble with that given it's controls. Why no second analog stick? That seems like folly to me.  

The 3DS had me hyped as a DS sequel, but honestly the 3D seems uninteresting, and the controls don't look great.... friend codes again. I don't know if I can deal with Nintendo's annoying hardware design again. They overlook simple things making the Wii in HD, or having any real online infrastructure. I mean, sure they got their audience, but seriously, Nintendo seems really behind in their design. They're lucky the games they make are so good. 

On the other hand the NGP looks like a behemoth that'll cost an arm and a leg. It could be totally sweet, but there's no real games announced yet, so we'll see. 

I'll probably stick to my iPhone/iPad at this point. 

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#34  Edited By EpicSteve

I'm holding out for Mario Kart...or anything that's worth a damn. The whole 3DS fiasco is super weird to me. Why are people so pumped about Kid Icarus? There's been two games in that entire franchise, the last one releasing in 1991! I never played the GB game, but the NES Kid Icarus game was "meh". I'm dumbfounded no one is bitching about the lack of a second analog stick, the online store won't be available on launch, and the biggest day 1 title (Street Fighter 4) is a game that we've all bought twice and can play a better versions elsewhere.   

It's ludicrous that anyone is excited for the 3DS with its price, lack of games, and lack of features at launch. 

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RobotHamster

I'm probably not getting one and if I do it'll be the second gen version and even then I'll still be skeptical.  Only thing that might push me over is the next pokemon game which won't be for a while since b/w hasen't even been released in the u.s. yet.  It's just a gimmick I don't see myself falling for for a long while.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hailinel
    @EpicSteve said:
    " I'm holding out for Mario Kart...or anything that's worth a damn. The whole 3DS fiasco is super weird to me. Why are people so pumped about Kid Icarus? There's been two games in that entire franchise, the last one releasing in 1991! I never played the GB game, but the NES Kid Icarus game was "meh". I'm dumbfounded no one is bitching about the lack of a second analog stick, the online store won't be available on launch, and the biggest day 1 title (Street Fighter 4) is a game that we've all bought twice and can play a better versions elsewhere.    It's ludicrous that anyone is excited for the 3DS with its price, lack of games, and lack of features at launch.  "
    1.  I enjoyed the Game Boy Kid Icarus, and have been wanting a new game in the series for quite a while now.
    2.  I have yet to see a compelling reason for a second analogue stick.
    3.  This is Nintendo we're talking about.  Even if they're holding back on the online store for post launch, would it really matter? :P
    4.  It's funny you call SSFIV their biggest day one title, because that's not the game I'm looking to get when I pick mine up.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @Marino: I'm with ya man. My interest level is at an almost absolute zero.

PS: I'm also left-handed on top of all of that.

PPS: It's nice to see a couple people in here looking around the nostalgia glasses at Kid Icarus. I thought I was alone.
    Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#38  Edited By Tireyo

I think that the stuff downloaded on Wii needs to be played on the 3DS, that way people can save money. Both WiiWare, and especially virtual console needs to be on 3DS, cause the 3DS doesn't need a separate download service. That is all in my opinion. 

I ain't sold on 3DS either. I mean it looks great, but I'm questioning if it's really going to be great.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By Animasta

like, realistically, the touch screen IS your second analogue stick, and how would you use both, along with the touch screen?

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By prestonhedges
    @Marino said:
    " @GlenTennis: @Hailinel: @wickedsc3: @UltorOscariot: @WR311:   You guys saying a second analog is unnecessary are terribly short sighted.  Your argument is that past DS games are designed to not need it?  That's like saying the SNES doesn't need six buttons because NES games are designed to require only two.  DS games are designed to not use a right analog stick because there simply isn't one.  If given that option, I'm sure developers would seize the opportunity to use it.  Not just for FPS games, but for camera control in any type of game. "
    The 3DS is a handheld system. Do you really think Nintendo is going to pump out FPSs and technical third-person action games for it?

Even if they did, who would play them? They belong on a console.  It's all well and good to say "Well, I sit on the couch and play my DS or PSP for hours all the time," but most people just pick up and play for short periods, and there's no reason to add a second stick for a market that doesn't really exist.

Really, Nintendo is not worried about everyone buying the 3DS on day one.  They'll ship out a handfull, oversell every single one, and wait.  Then they'll do it again.
    Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Marino  Staff
    @Laketown: Developers should have the option. Not everything HAS to use the touch screen.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hailinel
    @Marino said:
    " @Laketown: Developers should have the option. Not everything HAS to use the touch screen. "
    Not everything released on the original DS does.

Developers should be smart about developing for the controls they're given, not whining about not having what they supposedly want to make easier console ports.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AlexW00d
    @Marino said:

• Lego Star Wars III  
    • Madden NFL Football
    • The Sims 3 
    • Super Monkey Ball 

Yeah... great.
    "
    It has an accelerometer right? Super Monkey Ball would be cracking with that. Granted... So would Super Monkey Ball on any smart phone.
    Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Marino  Staff
    @gladspooky: I'm not sure how you correlate "pick up and play" with no need for refined controls.  Why even have one analog stick then?  A second stick would enhance gameplay not just for FPS games.  
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By Skald

If nothing else, I would prefer to see the analog disk on the other side. Why would you put the two directional inputs on the same side? It did almost nothing for the PSP.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By matt
    @Marino:  I don't think the lack of a second nub is a big deal but it really depends on the games. Most DS games never needed it. Having said that the few minutes I played of Resident Evil Mercenaries the lack of a second nub really did show. It depends if developers are going to take the PSP route of shoving console games on the 3DS.

They recently announced the launch day line up for the UK (lucky me) and it's pretty good. I am quite temped to get a 3DS on launch just because it's a cool piece of tech but I'm still not 100& sure.
    prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By prestonhedges
    @Marino said:
    " @gladspooky: I'm not sure how you correlate "pick up and play" with no need for refined controls.  Why even have one analog stick then?  A second stick would enhance gameplay not just for FPS games.   "
    That's kind of the only interesting thing, is why they put the analog stick where they did.

I guess the discussion went, "Well, we gotta have a d-pad."  "Then put the analog stick on the right side."  "But Street Fighter..."  "Shit, you're right.  Put it on the left."  "Won't that look a bit awkward?"  "It looks fine to me."  "Yeah, but you've got two left hands." "...you're fired."

I think that tells much more about their design philosophy than why they didn't add something.
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By Kyreo
    @Marino: Yer logic is sound and irrefutable... but some people just enjoy putting up with Nintendo gimmick bullshit.
    danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By danimal_furry

I'm excited because I will be able to get an older DS for much less money now.

CrashRHCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#50  Edited By CrashRHCP
    @danimal_furry: 
     Dunno about that. When I bought my DS the GBAs were at the same price, and this was one year after it's release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.