Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

What are you picking up on release day?

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ttocs

So, release day here in the states is a couple days away.  As the days count down, I find myself stuck on what games I am going to pick up to compliment the new console.  So, I look to you, my GiantBomb community to see what you guys are picking up (game wise, although peripheral's are accepted if cool enough) along with your 3DS. 

For me, I know Street Fighter is a definite purchase, but I don't know what else to get.  So far, the Dynasty Warriors game is the only other one that looks decent to me, but what do you guys think?  

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

I've never played a Rayman game before, so I've been thinking about getting Rayman 3D.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Hizang

The console is released on Friday here, I pre-ordered a blue one, and Pioletwings and Street Fighter
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Bollard

Super Monkey Ball. Imma be 3DS-ing before all yo 'merican foolz! European Friday release FTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Pokemon White.

^^

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Kjellm87

I'm probably gonna get Street Fighter. Monkey ball, Pilotwings and Rayman also seems kinda interesting.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ckeats

I pre-ordered Street Fighter with my black 3DS.  
      Street Fighter and Pokemon white I'm still in the middle of should hold me off till Devil Survivor: Overclocked.
    I somehow missed completely that Rayman was coming out too, so I might try to budget that in there too.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By yoshimitz707
    Definitely going to be getting Rayman 3D and maybe Nintendogs+Cats.
    CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CABBAGES

Well im getting :- 

Rayman  
    Splinter cell 
    (I actually have these right now !!) 

Super street fighter 4 
    Super monkey ball 
    Ridge racer 
    Pro evo soccer 
    Pilot wings 
    Nintendogs 
    Lego star was 3 
    Samurai Warriors chronicles 
    Ghost recon shadow wars 

I know its a bit much and i wasnt really looking forward to the 3ds untill a few weeks ago then this week i went mad and pre orderd nearly all the games coming out on friday. 

I migth go open splinter cell and rayman and look at them

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By keyhunter

Super SF. I haven't bought that game enough times.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BigBoss1911

As good as the games do look Im going to have to pass for awhile until I have more money to spend.

Trebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Trebz

SSFIV. I've never played a Street Fighter game before and nothing else looks like it'll be any better, so I'm going with that. I'm actually really excited.

SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By SpudBug

SSF4, PIlotwings and Monkey Ball for sure. 

Waiting on more reviews for Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, Rayman 3D, and Ridge Racer. 

I'll probably get steel diver and bust a move when they're cheaper/used.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Contro

Just Super Street for now, and possibly Rayman in a few weeks time. 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By JJOR64

Pilotwings Resort, Super Monkey Ball 3D, and Ridge Racer 3D for sure.  Going to wait on reviews for the other games to see if I want to pick them up or not.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Pilotwings Resort, SSFIV 3D, and Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (a game which looks like it might be really good, but everyone seems to be overlooking).

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @LordAndrew said:

" I've never played a Rayman game before, so I've been thinking about getting Rayman 3D. "

I have it sitting on my desk here.  Beginning to regret it though, according to several review sites, Ubisoft has held back reviews for most of their games and Rayman is apparently one of the worst games on the system.  All their games are very sloppy ports and the reviewers were really criticizing them for holding back the reviews.  Basically cheating the consumers.

Samurai Warriors is getting pretty bad reviews too (as expected).
    Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Sayishere
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " @LordAndrew said:

" I've never played a Rayman game before, so I've been thinking about getting Rayman 3D. "

I have it sitting on my desk here.  Beginning to regret it though, according to several review sites, Ubisoft has held back reviews for most of their games and Rayman is apparently one of the worst games on the system.  All their games are very sloppy ports and the reviewers were really criticizing them for holding back the reviews.  Basically cheating the consumers. Samurai Warriors is getting pretty bad reviews too (as expected). "
    Ah thats a shame, i was opting in purchasing rayman, the other games dont really interest me and i can see myself playing it for a day then trading it 

the only game i would see myself playing maybe a month from now is SSF4
    ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ttocs

A lot of people seem to think Rayman will be good.  I hadn't even given that one a glance.  I'll have to look into it.  While I am currently playing Pokemon black and Okamiden, I'd like to have 2 3DS games to goof around with.  One being SF and the other a mystery still.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrKlorox

Some regular-ass DS games probably. None of the 3DS titles interest me yet. Waiting for a QL of some more like Ghost Recon before I buy any 3DS games.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Weakest launch game line up I've seen in a long time, but in its defence it is new tech so that may have factored in.  

Not picking one up, see no reason to. Have lots of console games to catch up on anywho
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LordAndrew
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " @LordAndrew said:

I have it sitting on my desk here.  Beginning to regret it though, according to several review sites, Ubisoft has held back reviews for most of their games and Rayman is apparently one of the worst games on the system.  All their games are very sloppy ports and the reviewers were really criticizing them for holding back the reviews.  Basically cheating the consumers. Samurai Warriors is getting pretty bad reviews too (as expected). "
    So Ubisoft has managed to fuck up Rayman 2, again? Ugh. I'll keep an eye out for the reviews then. When are they supposed to go up, 3DS launch day?
    Joris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Joris

Pilotwings and Ghostrecon

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#24  Edited By MachoFantastico

My 3DS is on it's way (will probably get it delivered tomorrow) and have Super Street Fight IV 3D Edition coming along with it. Might also pick up one or two extra DS games on the cheap in the coming weeks. Especially considering I have the Phoenix Wright series which are the Japanese versions and I can't play them on the 3DS. 

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @LordAndrew said:

" @WinterSnowblind said:

" @LordAndrew said:

So Ubisoft has managed to fuck up Rayman 2, again? Ugh. I'll keep an eye out for the reviews then. When are they supposed to go up, 3DS launch day? "
    http://nintendo3dsblog.com/ubisofts-launch-line-up-is-full-of-dodgy-ports  

Here's the info on it.  Apparently the frame rate is terrible and the 3D effects are broken. 
    ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ttocs
    @WinterSnowblind said:

" @LordAndrew said:

" @WinterSnowblind said:

" @LordAndrew said:

So Ubisoft has managed to fuck up Rayman 2, again? Ugh. I'll keep an eye out for the reviews then. When are they supposed to go up, 3DS launch day? "
    http://nintendo3dsblog.com/ubisofts-launch-line-up-is-full-of-dodgy-ports   Here's the info on it.  Apparently the frame rate is terrible and the 3D effects are broken.  "
    Thanks for this.  That saves me a couple bucks.  I think I'll just stick to Super Street Fighter and maybe the KOEI game if I can't find anything else.  Who knows, maybe I'll just stick to one and get another when they come out.
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Contro
    @Chaser324 said:
    " Pilotwings Resort, SSFIV 3D, and Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (a game which looks like it might be really good, but everyone seems to be overlooking). "

Dude, good move. It's made by fellow Brit and X-Com developer Julian Gollop. 

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CABBAGES
    @TrueEnglishGent:
    Mine is on its way to and the other 9 games ( Already have 2) 

when you get it send me your  friend code As i dont know anyone else thats getting one :) 
    groovydudeyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By groovydudeyo

I was considering rayman but now not so much.  I dont have a DS and thats the only way im justifying 250 for this.  so ill probably just get pokemon.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By project343

Pokemon White, Super Scribblenauts & Okamiden 

Because I sold my DS Lite before those released. *sniff*

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LordAndrew

Okay. Rayman might be a dud, but Super Street Fighter IV is getting great reviews. I'll probably get Street Fighter. And Pilotwings maybe? I haven't looked at the reviews for that one yet.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jayjonesjunior

Nothing, never will, some people think it's cool, i can't imagine a worse move when buying software than getting it on release day.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By Brendan

As lame as it sounds, The Sims 3 is probably going to be what I get on launch day.  SSFIV is better played in other formats so I'm not interested in that and all the other games seem just ok so I'll get the title that will give me hours of compulsive running on a treadmill to become an MVP athlete :P

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @Contro: 
    Yeah. It looks like a pretty natural evolution from the previous handheld game he worked on, Rebelstar: Tactical Command, which was a great turn-based strategy game (though not nearly as mindblowing as X-Com was...and remains).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.