Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Is anyone having problems connecting to the e-shop on the Nintendo Switch?

nutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have yet to be able to connect to the Nintendo E-Shop on my switch. I link my Nintendo Account with no problem, but when I go to enter the E-Shop it asks me for my Nintendo Account password and when I enter it, it tells me it's Invalid. Is anyone else experiencing this with the Switch? I have changed my password, I have tried my Nintendo Network ID password, and I've unlinked my account and re-linked it in a different way (ie using Nintendo Network ID vs Nintendo Account) and nothing has worked for me. I talked to technical support for over an hour and they had no idea, and told me to watch for future updates that maybe it would work after that.

Just curious if this is widespread or just a problem with me.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By matatat

I got on, bought two games, and they keep failing to download. Seems like everyone is probably slamming the servers right now. Now I can't get back on the store.

nutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Well, I was able to create a child account for my son, and his Nintendo Account had no problem getting onto the E-Shop. So it's NOT a problem with wireless interference or the strength of the wireless signal as the tech rep suggested. It must be something inside of my Nintendo Account. Who knows I've had my Nintendo Account since the very beginning, and I've had a Nintendo Network ID long before that. It must be some problem with how they handle the merging of those accounts or just something strange with my account. I've changed my password 3 times now, and have no problem getting on from my PC or no problem accessing the E Shop from my Wii U or 3DS. I guess all I can do is "hope" that a future update fixes the issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.