Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Switch Hidden Gems

beachonthemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just got a switch as a gift and wondering what are some of the more underrated or hidden gems in the eShop. Thanks!

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

• Dandara is a cool Metroidvania type game that didn't get enough love.
    • Fast Racing RMX is a fantastic racing game, though it is basically Fast Racing Neo for WiiU. If you already have that game you might not want to double-dip.
    • SWERY's new game The Missing is very good.
    • Finally, Never Stop Sneaking is decent. Doesn't fully realize its potential, but its got a style. Worth buying if it's ever on sale.
    FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3 FinalDasa  Moderator

Golf Story is a wonderful game.

Kamiko is a decent small game when you just need something to occupy your time.

Look through the many Neo Geo ports on the Switch. Nobody should be walking around without the ability to play Neo Turf Masters imo.

beachonthemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finaldasa: I think my wife got me Golf Story for Christmas after many hints. I'll look into Kamiko.

beachonthemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rejizzle: yeah I thought never stop sneaking looked cool, I'll have to check that out for sure.

johnyqd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Daryl Deluxe had an art style that I actively disliked but after seeing lots of positive impressions I grabbed it and LOVED the game. From the GB database: "Super Daryl Deluxe is an comedy-centric RPGvania with brawler-style combat."

Money Puzzle Exchanger has gotten some buzz here on GB but I haven't heard of it elsewhere. This falling block puzzle game is a blast with two players.

Yoku's Island Express was one of my favorite small games this year, I found it delightful from beginning to end. It mashes together pinball and metroidvania.

No Thing is as low budget as a game can be, but for less then $2 you can experience one of the oddest kafka-esque experiences in the medium.

If you have a specific genre you have a hankering to play shout it out and I'd gladly toss you some more specific ideas. The recommendations others posted are all great too!

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have only played a couple hours before getting distracted by Smash, but so far, Wandersong is a pure delight. Go watch the Quick Look. I haven't heard much talk about this one, so I'd say it's underrated. Other indie games that are fantastic (but getting more press) include Hollow Knight, Celeste, Into the Breach. Basically, if like indie games, Switch is a treasure trove.

Francium34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Tumbleseed! Great quirky soundtrack, and I believe the difficulty was adjusted with a patch...

Hidden Folks! Video game version of Where's Waldo

Ambition of the Slimes! Weird turn based strategy game where you play as slimes that possess stronger enemies

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

The thing has a ton of RPGs on it if you're looking for something meatier. Disgaea 5, Battle Chasers, Lost Sphear, Ys VIII, Labyrinth of Refrain, and Titan Quest are all at least worth a look.

beachonthemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnyqd: totally forgot about more, thank you!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.