Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

This is probably a stupid question (Switch Bundles in the UK)

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Hey gang,

I just sold 25 PS4 and 3DS games that I've finished/not playing anymore. I made just shy of £250. On top of that, I just got £500 from being overtaxed this year at work. So you could say I'm kinda flushh with expendable cash at the moment.

I've sincerely thought about buying a switch, but I'm considering holding back for now.

I had a look earlier today, and the only big pack in bundle in the UK is Splatoon 2. I'll be honest- I just have no interest in that game. It just doesn't look like my kinda thing.

I guess the question I'm asking is this: Do you think there'll be a Mario Odyssey bundle coming out when the game comes out? At the moment, on Switch, I'm very interested in Odyssey, Zelda and the QL of the Rabbids XCOM like looks really fun.

Do you think I'd be best off holding out to closer to Christmas before buying a switch also. I've got that money just sitting in a paypal account, and I've got an active PS4 going atm- so I'm not desperate to buy a switch

Cheers for reading gang!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Bollard

@matoya: Why do you want a bundle? Normally the price of just buying a console on its own plus a game you actually want is the same as the bundle price, no?Just looked on Game.co.uk and they are shafting people for nearly £370 for a Grey Switch, or £330 for Neon. That's insane. I think I paid £280 for mine at launch. I guess your best option is to get the Mario Kart 8 and Zelda bundle, since even though you don't want MK8 its still cheaper than buying a Switch and Zelda separately...

Scratch all that, I was right the first time. Just buy a Switch from Nintendo directly for £280 and then buy whatever game you want.

As to answering your question, while there might be an Odyssey bundle coming, I highly expect that, with the Christmas period and Odyssey coming out at the same time, Switch stocks in the UK will start to get low again. Personally if I was even thinking about buying one for Odyssey I would just get it now in case.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

If you want a switch I'd suggest getting one now before the Christmas rush and Mario Odysee buzz make them harder to get. If I were you I'd get the Switch and either buy Mario Rabbids or download some free demos from the e-store. The E-store appears to be having fairly regular sales on a couple of indie titles. I think you can get Rabbids for £35 (prime) or £37 using this voucher code VG5OFF35

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

If you want a switch I'd suggest getting one now before the Christmas rush and Mario Odysee buzz make them harder to get. If I were you I'd get the Switch and either buy Mario Rabbids or download some free demos from the e-store. The E-store appears to be having fairly regular sales on a couple of indie titles. I think you can get Rabbids for £35 (prime) or £37 using this voucher code VG5OFF35

FWIW that code fails to redeem for me on Rabbids (worked fine for Odyssey though).

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#5  Edited By isomeri

I was surprised that Nintendo didn't announce an Odyssey Switch bundle for the holidays, and doubt we'll see announcement between now and the release.

Dr_Unorthadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I got a switch + zelda for £319 from game. While the game is not bundled into the box they are doing it as a deal. I think you save a tenner on zelda at that price.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By matoya

Is there any reason why a Switch is £280 directly from Nintendo but online retailers are selling them for £330+?

Is there something I'm not seeing?

senorgrande

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By senorgrande

@matoya: Scalpers trying to make money due to the stock shortages.

I picked up a Switch + Mario Kart and Zelda for £358 yesterday from Smyths.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ThePanzini  Online

Last week both Tesco & Amazon had the Switch for £259.99, Switch in the UK its not a hard console to get atm in stock £280 Amazon.

Yoshisaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt Nintendo releases a Mario Odyssey bundle right away. Maybe a few months down the line they will.

I could be wrong though.

If you don't want Splatoon, you could always buy the bundle and sell the game.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

madladunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd grab one of the £260 deals noted above with Zelda (at the cheapest price you can find). I doubt the price of the console will go down again before Xmas.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Apparently, they're going to really struggle to keep up with demand soon due to a bottleneck in the supply chain. I wouldn't wait for a bundle if you're that serious about getting one before Christmas.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.