Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

What are the odds of seeing more Wii U games ported to the Switch ?

deathwebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since I never owned a wii u, I was wondering what are the chances of seeing some of the best Wii U games ported to the Switch.

Specially both zelda remakes!

Which games would you guys like to see ported to the switch ?

P.S.

Also on another similar note, I would love to see the original mass effect trilogy on the switch!

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WynnDuffy

High I hope...there are too many great games bogged down by that Wii U thing, I heard it's a Wii peripheral or something?

I hope they announce some surprise ports at E3 or something, if the Switch gets Pikmin (or Bayonetta 2) as well as Splatoon 2, ARMS (??), Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Odyssey and BOTW all in the first 9 months then that is incredible.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As I said in the other thread we just had on this, it is entirely dependent on how well the Switch does. If it sells 60 million machines we will see every major game that wasn't focused on the tablet ported and maybe some that did. If it sells 15 million, mostly to the Wii U faithful we won't see much ported.

I would love to get most Wii U Nintendo stuff but I would especially love Bayonetta 2 and Mario Maker.

Of course Smash Brothers would also be great but I would be shocked if that didn't make the transition.

I keep thinking about buying a Wii U bur they are $400 now and I don't want to pay that out of principle.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they copy what happened on the PS4 and Xbone and fill the void with re-releases, though that may be difficult as most of the worthwhile games on previous Nintendo consoles are made by Nintendo, so they'd have to fund all those projects themselves. I say this as someone who didn't own a Gamecube, Wii or WiiU, if there was one place to play all the best games from those consoles i'd gladly get a Switch.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd like Wind Waker, Bayonetta 2, Mario Maker and maybe Wonderful 101. Those are pretty much the only WiiU games I wanted to play so that would be great.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Splatoon and Mario Kart are ports with some additional content. But those are also somewhat recent releases for the WiiU. It's possible those ports were done, in part, for those teams to get their feet wet in developing for the Switch. The farther you go back in the WiiU catalog, I'd say the less likely a port will be done.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what the odds are on Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE getting a Switch port.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By huser

The new ports of Ubisoft's Zombi that came out recently getting ported back to the Switch would be nice, just cause I like the game and it amuses me to have it have this lifecycle.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I never owned Wii U either. If they made the 2 zelda remakes available (for download or in cartridge) I would buy them.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

My guess is that this will either be done through the eShop where you will get virtual console versions of the Wii U games. Or remasters. I would like to think they wouldn't go the full remaster route because they will probably charge you another $50 for the game. But considering it's Nintendo, they might do that if they just went the eShop route anyway. So either way you are paying for a game that is old with upscaled graphics about the same as you would if it came out today. I dunno, none of that sounds that great to me. Even if it is happening with PS4 and XBOX ONE. At least on PS4/XBOX1 it is mostly 480p/720p games going to 1080p. Unlike the Nintendo offerings.... Would be interested to see if some 3DS stuff comes over though. That would be interesting even if it was only upscaled to 480p.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

It seems like a no brainer especially these days and it'd be a shame if some of those Wii U titles didn't get more eyeballs on 'em but Nintendo is kinda weird 'bout this stuff. The Wii saw some new play control Gamecube games and the Wii U saw some HD remasters so I think Nintendo might be more open to more ports but they'd like to resell you in full price so they're aren't the company that'll do just straight ports. My guess is, definitely, you'll see some more Wii U games coming to the Switch but not as many as people would like.

RK92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would hope they release Wind Waker. I'd imagine many people wanted it but not enough to buy a Wii U.

Based

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised Smash Bros hasn't already been announced as coming to the Switch. Seems like a no-brainer.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Honestly the Zelda remakes are great because they utilize the Wii U gamepad for map/inventory management. It's one of my biggest disappointments with BotW on Wii U, especially considering all the inventory management you have to do. You won't be playing the best versions of those games on the Switch.

DrM2theJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's very likely we'll see Smash 4 and Mario Maker make their way to Switch. There have been a number of suggestions that this is the case by leakers. Smash 4 would especially make sense given that the Switch's portability is very appealing for it. Also, the last three Smash 4 amiibo (DLC characters Corrin, Cloud, and Bayonetta) have yet to release, which just seems like something they would release alongside a Switch version that includes all the DLC characters.

It would honestly be great if all the Wii U exclusives could eventually be out on Switch because the Wii U has a fantastic (if small) library of exclusives. It's nearly a crime that niche gems like Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE, Pokkén Tournament, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Bayonetta 2 would be stuck on Wii U only forever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.