Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

Is it me or is nintendo going downhill since they released GCN

• 64 results
    matlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By matlem

I consider myself a real nintendo fan.  But since the release of the gamecube, nintendo has been re-releasing his games and they kinda killed most of their franchises... well they did not kill them, they just made really bad games with them.

Zelda franchise

I enjoyed the puzzles of the nes zelda, but my favorite is still OOT.  I really enjoyed the gameboy and gameboy advance zeldas (DX, oracle of ages, oracle of season, minish cap, etc.)

Problem is... the new games are just not really that fun compared to what it used to b.

Windwaker had way too much water travelling. (and i usually clear the zelda games 100% but didnt even bother for that one)

phantom hourglass bugged me a lot because i stopped playing for about 2 months and when i got back into game i had no clue how to clear the dungeon because i had a bunch of arrows written on map and i did not remember anything about it.

Zelda Twilight Princess was fun... but they should've diversify it a little more.  I played it a lot, cleared i 100%... but i still believe that OOT was way better.

Mario franchise...
    Umm...i rly start to hate how nintendo puts mario everywhere... mario tennis, mario basketball, baseball... New super mario bros was fun while mario galaxy was just weird... i never rly thought about mario going in space... and it just bothered me for the whole game.

Now... they release a New New super mario bros on wii with 4 players on-screen coop... i hope they do it good.  (Btw... ps3 is releasing a 256 ppl online game so uhh... having a 4 player mario game isnt that much of a big deal...)

Anyone else thinks that nintendo is doing really bad?

matlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By matlem

I consider myself a real nintendo fan.  But since the release of the gamecube, nintendo has been re-releasing his games and they kinda killed most of their franchises... well they did not kill them, they just made really bad games with them.

Zelda franchise

I enjoyed the puzzles of the nes zelda, but my favorite is still OOT.  I really enjoyed the gameboy and gameboy advance zeldas (DX, oracle of ages, oracle of season, minish cap, etc.)

Problem is... the new games are just not really that fun compared to what it used to b.

Windwaker had way too much water travelling. (and i usually clear the zelda games 100% but didnt even bother for that one)

phantom hourglass bugged me a lot because i stopped playing for about 2 months and when i got back into game i had no clue how to clear the dungeon because i had a bunch of arrows written on map and i did not remember anything about it.

Zelda Twilight Princess was fun... but they should've diversify it a little more.  I played it a lot, cleared i 100%... but i still believe that OOT was way better.

Mario franchise...
    Umm...i rly start to hate how nintendo puts mario everywhere... mario tennis, mario basketball, baseball... New super mario bros was fun while mario galaxy was just weird... i never rly thought about mario going in space... and it just bothered me for the whole game.

Now... they release a New New super mario bros on wii with 4 players on-screen coop... i hope they do it good.  (Btw... ps3 is releasing a 256 ppl online game so uhh... having a 4 player mario game isnt that much of a big deal...)

Anyone else thinks that nintendo is doing really bad?

matlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By matlem

Without forgetting that the gamecube controller is pretty bad compared to other controllers... And as bad as it is... it's still the best way to play super smash brawl on wii.... Failure...

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iamjohn

Yes, but Super Mario Galaxy was absolutely brilliant and Smash Bros. Brawl, while not the sea change that Melee was, is the best Smash Bros. game imaginable.  So therefore you're wrong.

Also, your favorite Zelda is Ocarina, which means that you need better taste.  Majora's Mask for life, motherfuckers.

venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By venom

The wii is a pretty bad system for hardcore gamers IMO. It lost me a long time ago and I have not touched it since the release of brawl. I agree that Nintendo needs to shake things up a bit.

matlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By matlem
    @iAmJohn: How is super mario galaxy brilliant?  The plumber mario is sent to space... 'Nuff said. (Btw i enjoyed that game but just didnt find as good as it used to be)

And i don't get why you say i have bad taste sayin zelda oot is one of my favorite all-time game.
    bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By bubahula

@iAmJohn said:

"Yes, but Super Mario Galaxy was absolutely brilliant and Smash Bros. Brawl, while not the sea change that Melee was, is the best Smash Bros. game imaginable.  So therefore you're wrong.Also, your favorite Zelda is Ocarina, which means that you need better taste."

firstly stop being so judgemental and saying that hes wrong and dude alot of people would argue ocarina as the best zelda game

venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By venom
    @iAmJohn:
    I'd have to say that melee is the best super smash game. I really did not like brawl that much. Not that it was bad or anything and if anyone is new to the series I would recommend brawl just because it has more characters and better graphics. With that being said I had alot more fun in melee than I did brawl.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iamjohn
    @matlem said:
    " @iAmJohn: How is super mario galaxy brilliant?  The plumber mario is sent to space... 'Nuff said.And i don't get why you say i have bad taste sayin zelda oot is one of my favorite all-time game. "
    Because the level design was incredibly creative and tried a bunch of new tricks with the Mario franchise while at the same time recalling awesome parts of 64, Sunshine and even the 2D Marios?  If all you can say about Galaxy is "the plumber is sent to space," then it's obvious that you didn't play past Good Egg Galaxy.

And I'm saying you have bad taste because Majora's Mask is a better game, silly. :P

@Bubahula said:
    "dude alot of people would argue ocarina as the best zelda game"
    Really?  I had no idea!  You'd think that I'd realize that I'm in the minority when making such a claim and instead use it as a joke!  But no, I'm not that clever.

matlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By matlem
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @matlem said:

Because the level design was incredibly creative and tried a bunch of new tricks with the Mario franchise while at the same time recalling awesome parts of 64, Sunshine and even the 2D Marios?  If all you can say about Galaxy is "the plumber is sent to space," then it's obvious that you didn't play past Good Egg Galaxy.And I'm saying you have bad taste because Majora's Mask is a better game, silly. :P "
    I actually beat the game completely and did  not bother replaying it with luigi. I just don't think that the idea of getting mario into space is the best thing they chose to do...

About Majora's mask... You might have enjoyed that game more, but zelda oot won the best game ever on gamefaqs votings.  majora's mask did not make it as far and IMO is  not really such a good zelda game because it is really really short.  Clearing it completely to get the last mask just makes the last boss wayyyyy too easy.

But that is only my opinion
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Diamond

Purely my opinion, but they've been downhill since late SNES days.

Stunt Race FX
    Nintendo 64
    Gamecube
    Wii

Every so often there's some game that comes along like Mario Kart Wii that brings back the greatness I once felt from them, but it's very rare these days.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Wolverine
    @matlem: I agree with you, the new games are missing that Nintendo magic.
    matlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By matlem
    @VeNoM:  I completely agree that Super smash melee is better than brawl.  I like having more characters in brawl, i liked their adventure mode, but brawl is way too much about aerial combats.  And the character balance is really really really bad if you have the smash balls on...  I mean... a guy that is really good like either link or marth has some super amazing smash ball, while characters that recquires more skills to master like kirby or diddy kong have really bad smash balls...

So my vote goes for super smash melee and all the 5k+ games i played (lost most of them because a random guy named "venom" kicked my sorry a** a lot.... still we had hundred of hours of fun. 
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By DonPixel
    @Diamond said:
    " Purely my opinion, but they've been downhill since late SNES days"
    This
    matlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By matlem
    Diamond said:
    " like Mario Kart Wii that brings back the greatness I once felt from them, but it's very rare these days. "

@Diamond: The simple fact that we could not play the championship mode with 2 players got me to hate the new mario kart on wii... other than that it was fun... but i did not play much.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iamjohn
    @matlem said:
    "I actually beat the game completely and did  not bother replaying it with luigi. I just don't think that the idea of getting mario into space is the best thing they chose to do... "
    In terms of quality or in terms of uniqueness?  Because it's one thing if you didn't like the game or the planetoid-style, but you're just dead wrong if you say the game is just "3D Mario in space."  The ability to mess with gravity and Wii controls and galaxy styles makes the game incredibly fresh and unique and it's pretty inarguable that the game took a lot of chances with the Mario formula and messed with it in really strange and interesting ways.  If you don't like it, that's your perogative, but kind of like Majora's Mask, you can't say that Nintendo didn't try something new.

And speaking of which, as far as Majora's Mask goes, I think you're completely missing the point on the game, but this is not the time or place for that argument. :P
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Ineedaname

It's not going down hill, it's just changed direction a little, and it appears it's not to your liking.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JJOR64

They went down with GC but WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY up with WIi if you are talking about money.

matlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By matlem

Did you really enjoy the fact that you had to move from planets to planets in a game where normally you go from castle to castle? I just felt like they did not know what to change in the game so they randomely said "hey let's make mario in space" and really put that idea to work...  It was a good game... but it could've been much better.

thefreshmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thefreshmaker

I absolutely loved the sailing in Windwaker.  And Super Mario Galaxy's planetoid style levels were innovative and enthralling.

Yeah, franchises change.  But many times its for the better.

matlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By matlem
    @JJOR64: For that you are completely right... Wii is outsold every christmas.

I just don't believe that the system is really worth it... If what they say is true and they are releasing a new wii with the only difference being the fact that they added HD... It's like saying they were wrong not releasing it in hd in first place.  And it is my opinion.  Game developpers are still making ps2 games simply because the graphics are pretty much the same to the wii.
    clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By clarke0

Honestly I think they've been going downhill since the SNES. Despite that I think that the N64 and GCN were both great consoles with some really memorable games. The Wii isn't so hot though.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By innacces14

Yeah. Gamecube wasn't too hot. Yet something inside is telling me that  the console they're gonna be making (not next gen, maybe after) is gonna support all kinds of PS3/360 tech fanboyism  stuff and support Rated M games. Just me though, haha.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Claude

I thought Twilight Princess was better than Ocarina of Time. It felt like a superior game even though it was structured much like Ocarina of Time, but the gameplay on the Wii made it much tighter and the story and length of the campaign was much better. I still prefer the GameCube controller over any analog controller I've ever owned, but that's just me.

Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game by the way and the PS2 has been my favorite console so far.

My only wish is that Nintendo would release more games... other than that... they're rockin' it hard.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Personally, I think the Gamecube is very underrated. I thought it did a great job with many of its sequels, which is the opposite of what I have to say about the Wii. Sure, Wind Waker can't match Ocarina of Time, but can anyone reasonably expect it to? Ocarina of Time is considered by many to be the greatest game ever made. The odds of ever matching that are slim to none. Despite that, I think Wind Waker proved to be a fantastic game. What I love so much about the Gamecube is it didn't just rehash sequels... it reinvented franchises. They often tried taking them in exciting, fresh new directions, and I fully support that. Look at what Nintendo did with their 3 biggest franchises. Wind Waker went cel-shaded, and while everyone was initially shocked and appalled, it ended up being one of the most expressive and interesting Zelda games yet. To this day some people refuse to play it because of the graphics, and that's their loss and they're retarded for acting so immature about it. Wind Waker is fantastic and the art style arguably suits the series better than the more realistic graphics we've seen.

Then there's Super Mario Sunshine. Talk about a game that has developed a bad reputation. It was a game critic's darling upon release, only later to be hounded and completely shunned once Super Mario Galaxy game out. Sunshine was a bold move. It took Mario away from his ordinary setting and put him on a fun, work-filled vacation. I think in Sunshine, Mario's platforming gameplay is at its finest. Mario controls like a dream. I'm not saying the game isn't without it's faults. Believe me, it has some issues, but I found it to be a very welcome change of pace for Mario. Personally, I think it's far better than Super Mario Galaxy.

Of course, then there's Metroid Prime. Taking the Metroid series into 3D. Everyone doubted that it could be done well, and look at what it turned out to be. Undeniably one of the best games of last-gen.

Now with the Wii, I think the quality of Nintendo's games have gone downhill dramatically. I think I know why too. What it all seems to come down to is that Wii games don't have to be good. It's such a phenomenon with non-gamers that they'll buy pretty much anything. Many of them don't have much gaming experience to know the quality of truly great games. Lots of truly terrible games sell great on the Wii. As a result, Nintendo doesn't need to worry so much about it and can slack off. They don't have to try to innovate their games because regardless they'll sell. As far as Nintendo's games go on the Wii, it's all stuff we've seen before, just with added motion controls which personally I would argue don't do anything to really improve the games. The Gamecube, on the other hand, was struggling, and Nintendo had to put in a great amount of effort to get people to buy their consoles. As a result, they really had to give us something new and exciting to look forward to. Frankly, I think they succeeded in doing so with many of the Gamecube's best games. It's funny to me that the Wii is supposed to be so innovative, and yet we see little to none of that innovation in most of their franchises. I'm not saying there aren't innovative games on the Wii, but they sure aren't coming from Nintendo.

matlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By matlem
    @innacces14: I consider myself as a gamer and i mostly play on xbox 360 (ps3 too now since the good exclusives are coming on that console more than anything... go fat princess!!! lol)

I just wonder why the wii did not go for HD graphics... Playing wii on a 42 inch television doesnt look so good... and knowing that the wii is the best selling console and that it is making huge amount of moneys... we diserve a better console.  I like how they did the wii shop thing tho.  Buying the games gets them on our channels... but i really would've loved HD graphics.  And about Rated M games... well i  play those on the xbox :P lloll... only game i really enjoyed playing on wii more than on other is the resident evil chronicles and the house of the dead games.
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I have felt abandoned by Nintendo half way through the Gamecube's life cycle, and since then, I hardly support them.
    However, they will still be the company that gave me my best memories...
    and Windwalker is awesome.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Meowayne

Well, you don't need the Nintendo name or Nintendo IP characters attached to play unique and polished games on the console. The Wii is looking better right now than the SNES did in it's third year, and better than the N64 and GameCube ever were.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By Suicrat

Okay, most of the original poster's points were bullshit. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are essentially the same games as Link to the Past and Link's Adventure (Zelda II) respectively, except in 3D. Same basic gameplay, same structure, almost identical plots. Also, the N64 had the first Mario Tennis and Golf games, and unlike the N64 games, the GC sequels to them were actually fun to play. Also, Metroid was brought back during the GC era in a a huge way, both Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are excellent games.

Also, Mario had went in to space in at least two prior adventures, so this notion that Galaxy somehow doesn't fit is absolutely fucking insane.

And who says the amount of people playing makes a game good? Would you want a 256 player Mario game? Are you god-damn retarded?
    New Super Mario Bros. for the DS early on had screenshots of Mario and Luigi going through levels together, it made everyone think that the game would have live co-op. It wasn't until a few months before release that co-op would not be a part of that game. Now they're bringing back the gameplay that after 23 years, is still enjoyable, and now allowing people to play together with 3 friends. They're not breaking the quantitative benchmarks you seem to want (seemingly without any regard for the implications of them), but that doesn't change the fact Nintendo has been doing since 2001 what it was essentially doing before that, except now they're also selling cheap-to-make software to the masses to supplement their income.

Also, the GameCube controller is a way better than the N64 controller.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By innacces14
    @matlem: Haha. I only have a 360 to be honest. *takes out lint from pocket* XD

I wonder that too, but I really don't let it get to me. As horrible as it might look it still manages to be playable. I'd take a video input over messing with numbers (480p, 720p, etc.) any day. But to counter the argument about the Nintendo making more money and deserving a better console I'm happy they are making the money. Just means more dough gets into R&D for the console we've been waiting for and then some.

As for the Rated M remark I kind of take it back. I mean yeah *turns and plays Gears 2*, but what I meant to say was that if Nintendo takes that Rated T-and-below veil off then that doesn't scare developers as much. N64 had Turok, Perfect Dark, Conkers Bad Fur Day, etc. All kinds of crazy stuff cause Nintendo didn't have that T roadblock. If Nintendo takes that embargo out of the picture then we'd probably have some intersting M games. I mean I don't want "Super Mario's Homicide Adventures" I just meant that for games that teir in that direction (Metroid......I don't know, fill me in here, haha) I'd be happy to see Nintendo relive the N64 glory days, haha.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Godwind
    I can't help as to feel that I suffer from a case of deja vu.  What ever, your still going down troll.

@matlem said:
    " I consider myself a real nintendo fan."
    Which is why you are aligned with Microsoft and have an avatar with Master Chief.

@matlem said:
    "But since the release of the gamecube, nintendo has been re-releasing his games and they kinda killed most of their franchises... well they did not kill them, they just made really bad games with them."
    Games have been re-released all the time.  How about Super Mario All Stars for the SNES?  Zelda the Collector's Edition?  In fact you have the entire Virtual Console collection.  Also to be noted, Super Mario Galaxy is considered one of the best games of all time.  I wouldn't call that "killing your franchise" or making a really bad game.

@matlem said:
    " Problem is... the new games are just not really that fun compared to what it used to b."
    This sounds like someone has been drunk of Nostalgia.  It can fuck up the way we think of games.

@matlem said:
    " Windwaker had way too much water travelling. (and i usually clear the zelda games 100% but didnt even bother for that one)"
    I liked sailing.  Simply put, I am sea faring man who has lived his entire life by the water.

@matlem said:
    " phantom hourglass bugged me a lot because i stopped playing for about 2 months and when i got back into game i had no clue how to clear the dungeon because i had a bunch of arrows written on map and i did not remember anything about it."
    So your memory skills is to blame for a game to be garbage?

@matlem said:
    "Zelda Twilight Princess was fun... but they should've diversify it a little more.  I played it a lot, cleared i 100%... but i still believe that OOT was way better."
    I think your crazy.  OOT by todays standard is dated.  Twilight is practically OOT 2.5 or something like that.

@matlem said:
    " Umm...i rly start to hate how nintendo puts mario everywhere... mario tennis, mario basketball, baseball...  "
    Nintendo has milking Mario ever since the SNES.  Look above to all those re-releases I mentioned.  There has been remakes of older mario games before.  Mario's Spinoffs are usually well received as well.  Games like Mario Tennis were simply awesome back in the day.  Also, his RPG series and Paper series have been popular and well received as well.  Lets not forget about the Mario kart series.  However, there has always been the release of stupid and obscure Mario games that is just a total insult (Mario Paint, or Mario in Time).

Although I could always bitch about Master Chief being everywhere when you consider that he is just about as Iconic as Mario as well as being the Xbox's Mascot.

@matlem said:
    " New super mario bros was fun while mario galaxy was just weird... i never rly thought about mario going in space... and it just bothered me for the whole game."
    I never really thought they would make Halo into a pseudo RTS but they did.  It happens to be the theme of the game.  After SBM3, Mario had a centered theme around them.

@matlem said:
    "Now... they release a New New super mario bros on wii with 4 players on-screen coop... i hope they do it good."
    It is pretty clear you like 2D platformers over 3D platformers.  You are probably going to enjoy it.

@matlem said:
    "  (Btw... ps3 is releasing a 256 ppl online game so uhh... having a 4 player mario game isnt that much of a big deal...)"
    I really don't see why this is relavant.  Why would someone be interested in playing 256 marios at once?  MAG is probably going to fun to play with 256 because it was built with that in mind.  Gears of War or Halo would likely suck if they tried to pull that off.  A 4 player mario game is a big deal because it is unique to the franchise.

@matlem said:
    " Anyone else thinks that nintendo is doing really bad? "
    Analysts will say no and educated Wii/DS users would likely agree.  A lot of people are getting excited over some new Nintendo games in addition to third party games.

@matlem said:
    " Without forgetting that the gamecube controller is pretty bad compared to other controllers... And as bad as it was... it's still the best way to play super smash brawl on wii.... Failure... "
    The Gamecube was probably the best 3D based controller over all.  The Duke for the Xbox was impractacal and sucked.  It really isn't the worst controller.  But it certainly wasn't great for certain 2D games.

sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sgjackson

I think there are some flaws in your thinking (and a lot of nostalgia influencing what people currently think of the company) but having played Twilight Princess recently, I'm inclined to agree. That game falls apart in the second half completely - the design of the Snowpeak Ruins was boring and oftentimes more frustrating than providing any fun challenge, the Temple of Time was a straight line with a boring gimmick, and the whole part of the game with the Palace of Twilight and Hyrule Castle feels rushed and generic. They ruined the mystique of the amazing cutscene which sets up the Zant character after you collect the fused shadows with his temper tantrum and goofy, lazy boss fight, and the final boss feels way too easy, with the challenge coming more from wrangling with the slightly awkward horse combat (which I'm willing to give a pass because I imagine fighting on a horse is hard) and Mario Party style QTE button mashing. They had a good thing going and it fell apart completely, barring the sky temple (which was awesome) in the second half of the game. It's not like Nintendo at all for one of their AAA games to do that, and it makes me worried about how the next Zelda will be, let alone the rest of their products.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By Red

MAN I HAVE NEVAR SEEN A THREAD LIKE THIS.

NEVER

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By DrRandle

I think it's just you and people who don't like fun games in general. And so what if just two franchises are having problems, which they may or may not. What about all of Nintendo's other great games like the Kirby series? Professor Layton? Metroid? Rhythm Heaven? Pokemon's doing better than ever (core series, screw the side-stuff). Oh and btw, Blizzard and NCSoft have these big multi-million player games so... is 256 really a big deal? (See where broken logic may be broken?)

Knives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By Knives

The Wii had a weak 2008. Other than that, it's been performing better than the Gamecube. 2009 has been great so far, and 2010 looks fantastic.

Here's a trick to help you fix the HD dilemma. When switching from HD to SD, pop in an N64 game for 15 minutes to help the transition. Trust me, it works like wonders. Playing PS1/N64 games makes you understand just how far graphics have come, even on the Wii.
    matlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By matlem
    @Godwind:  Btw that Avatar i have is the one that giantbomb got me when i signed up, im too lazy to change it.

And i don't see why you go so insane about comparing xbox 360 to wii.  When i said i was a nintendo fanboy, it is because i am one.  I just really enjoyed all those game back then way more than what we get these days.  It is pretty easy to quote everything i said and use it your way, but that was not my point.  I don't get why your sayin this topic is a troll... and i dont even get why people say that because the troll expression is pretty rotten.

For the simple fact that you say i am aligned to microsoft proves me that you really do not get the point of my blog...

Saying that Mario galaxy is considered one of the best game of all time is just your opinion.  It did not even get past round 1 in the gamefaqs Best game Ever. Voting (super smash brawl and call of duty 4 were the games that won)

Drunk with nostalgia... It's not nostalgia, im sayin that nintendo is havin a hard time to make games that are worth it.  They knew how to make hits back then, now they just seemed to have lost it.

''I liked sailing.  Simply put, I am sea faring man who has lived his entire life by the water."
    I hated sailing, it just took out so much fun out of the game... walking in hyrule field was better than sailing in ww, (OF course thats IMO, like everything i wrote)

Anyways i won't reply to every other quotes you tried to bash me with.

Your flaming of the halo series has nothing to do in this thread because all i am sayin is that nintendo really does not seem to work as hard as they used to be on their games.  The comparaison between MAG and mario were to show that adding a 4 player coop when the ps3 is workin on a game with 256 games is just not worth it.

Sony has been working way harder than nintendo.

And what you said is exactly my point "A 4 player mario game is a big deal because it is unique to the franchise."
    What about they start releasing some good games for the hardcore gamers...

And you are totally wrong, i like 3d platformers way more than 2d ones.  Only reason i will like the new new mario bros (hope they change name because having a new super mario bros on ds and a new super mario bros on wii would be pretty stupid) is because the 2d mario games are the only games my girlfriend plays, so i know she will finally want to play a game with me.  And believe me, its hard to get her to play videogames.  Had to buy monopoly and scene it to get her to play a little (well she likes rockband and guitar hero tho...)

I hope you learn that quoting ppl and taking the sentences out of their context is just dumb and that you stop coming on forums sayin everyone is "trolling" or wtv you call it.
    matlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By matlem
    @DrRandle:
    I have nothing to say against NDS, that system owns actually.  I am more complaining about the wii system.  N64 games with conker, zelda oot, mario 64, donkey kong 64, banjo kazooie nd tooie... those games all beat their predecessors.  Now, on the wii... the game all have flaws that werent in the last games...

mario kart : no 2 player championship (there was in mario kart 64... why did they take it off?)
    mario galaxy : The game is fun... but going from a game where its always about castles to a game where its planets and space travelling... it just doesnt feel right... but i still enjoyed playing this game.
    Zelda twilight princess :  That game started really good, but did not live up the hype as much as it should've
    About the pokemon colosseum game, i bought it because it was the first online game but brought it back to the store few weeks after.  Nice graphics but i aint into that kind of game anymore.

@Knives said:
    "The Wii had a weak 2008. Other than that, it's been performing better than the Gamecube. 2009 has been great so far, and 2010 looks fantastic.

Here's a trick to help you fix the HD dilemma. When switching from HD to SD, pop in an N64 game for 15 minutes to help the transition. Trust me, it works like wonders. Playing PS1/N64 games makes you understand just how far graphics have come, even on the Wii.
    "

Yeah... I actually made that thread after replaying OOT for the 20x time, after clearing super mario 64 and super mario sunshine (last summer for those 2) and after watching my friend play mgs1 because he lent me mgs4 on ps3.

My complaint isnt that the nintendo wii isnt good compared to N64, Nes or Snes,   It is that they don't seem to work as hard to make the games good.  I do not really mind the graphics, im complaining mostly about the gameplays.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Meowayne
    @matlem said:
    i like 3d platformers way more than 2d ones. 
    But you have probably not played De Blob.
    meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#38  Edited By meptron

Depends on your point of view. I'm sure you're pleased if you have a pocketful of Nintendo stock, but as a gamer I'd say their highpoint was either the NES or SNES (could make a case for either).

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Meowayne

Nintendo developed / published Super Nintendo (SNES) games in the first 3 years of it's lifespan before the release of the SuperFX chip

• F-Zero
    • A Link To The Past
    • Mario Paint
    • Pilotwings
    • Super Mario Kart
    • Super Mario World
    • Super Play Action Football
    • super Scope 6
    • Battle Clash
    • Metal Combat
    • NCAA Basketball
    • SimCity
    • Super Mario All-Stars
    • Super Tennis
    • Yoshi's Cookie

Nintendo developed/published Wii games 3 years into it's lifespan before the release of Wii Motion Plus:

• Animal Crossing
    • Big Brain Academy
    • Zelda: Twilight Princess
    • Link's Crossbow Training
    • Mario Kart Wii
    • Super Mario Galaxy
    • Mario Party 8
    • Mario Strikers Charged
    • Mario Super Sluggers
    • Super Paper Mario
    • Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    • Wario Land: Shake It
    • WarioWare: Smooth Moves
    • Wii Chess
    • Wii Fit
    • Wii Sports
    • Wii Music
    • Wii Play
    • Battallion Wars 2
    • Disaster: Day of Crisis
    • Donkey Kong Jet Race
    • Endless Ocean
    • ExciteTruck
    • Excitebots
    • Fatal Frame IV
    • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    • Harvest Moon
    • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
    • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
    • New Play Control!-Series (Pikmin, Metroid, Jungle Beat, Mario Tennis)
    • Pokémin Battlle Revolution
    • Punch-Out!!
    • Super Swing Golf
    • Trace Memory R
    • Trauma Center: New Blood
    • Traume Center: Second Opinion
    • Wing Island
    • Zack & Wiki

Oh snap.

matlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By matlem
    @Meowayne:  Quantity is there... quality isnt
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#41  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @Meowayne: I expected you to bring that out at some point. I won't disagree though.

Sure, the Gamecube is not the greatest system that Nintendo has made, but you have to remember that the N64 was shafted by 3rd parties almost as badly. (Almost) All the great N64 games were made by either Nintendo or Rare (I am not a Majora's Mask fan, by the way.) Since Nintendo sold Rare after they made Starfox Adventures (yep, I mentioned it), there were fewer awesome Gamecube titles, not to mention they weren't as good as the N64 ones (Super Mario Sunshine).
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Meowayne
    @matlem said:
    " @Meowayne:  Quantity is there... quality isnt "
    Animal Crossing
    Twilight Princess
    Mario Kart Wii
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mario Strikers Charged
    Mario Super Sluggers
    Super Paper Mario
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Wario Land Shake It
    WarioWare: Smooth Moves
    Wii Fit
    Wii Sports
    Batallion Wars 2
    Endless Ocean
    Excitebots
    Fatal Frame IV
    Fire Emblem Radient Dawn
    Metroid Prime 3
    NPC-Series
    Punch-Out!!
    Trace Memory R
    Trauma Center 1 & 2

and Zack & Wiki

Are very good / excellent and popular games. Stop talking nonsense, and start playing more games.
    TonicBH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By TonicBH

I think the major problem is that you need to broaden your horizons and buy third party Wii games. Not just the Nintendo-only stuff. It's like buying a 360 and owning only Halo, Gears and Crackdown.

I personally don't own a Wii, but if I did, I'd be rocking the lightgun games. Love to see a resurgence of 1990's nostalgia.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Meowayne

On top of that, theres the following recommendable third-party/multiplat/wiiware-output:
    Arc Rise Fantasia, Boom Blox 1 & 2, Broken Sword: DC, Bully: Scholarship Edition, Call of Duty: World At War, The Conduit, Dawn of Discovery, Deadly Creatures, De Blob, Grand Slam Tennis, Elebits, My Life as a King, Geometry Wars Galaxies, Ghostbusters, Godfather: Blackhand Edition, Guitar Hero series, Rock Band series, Rune Factory: Frontier, House of the Dead: OVERKILL, Klonoa, Kororinpa 1 & 2, LEGO series, Let's Tap, Little King's Story, MadWorld, Manhunt 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, MoH: Vanguard, Mercury Meltdown Revolution, Metal Slug Anthology, No More Heroes, Okami, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Madden, Phantom Brave, PES 09, RRR TVP, Sam&Max Season 1, Samurai Shodown Anthology, SSX Blur, Force Unleashed, Super Monkey Ball, Tales of Symphonia, Tenchu: SA, Tiger Woods PGA 10, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, World of Goo, Onslaught, StrongBad, Swords&Soldiers, LostWinds, BombermanBlast, TetrisWorld, Bonsai Barber, Icarian, Bit.Trip Beat.
    And the entirety of the Gamecube library, and the Virtual Console offerings, and all of this that is coming up.

So no. I don't think Nintendo is going downhill. Even if their sales weren't through the roof. :)

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By PureRok
    @matlem said:
    " Without forgetting that the gamecube controller is pretty bad compared to other controllers... And as bad as it is... it's still the best way to play super smash brawl on wii.... Failure... "
    Really? I consider the Gamecube controller one of the best console controllers to be created, if not the best.
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bigandtasty
    @matlem said:
    Saying that Mario galaxy is considered one of the best game of all time is just your opinion.  It did not even get past round 1 in the gamefaqs Best game Ever. Voting (super smash brawl and call of duty 4 were the games that won)
    The gamefaqs poll is "just opinion", and I haven't seen anyone who agrees with every single choice they made.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By toowalrus

Gamecube was awesome, actually.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Bigandtasty
    @TooWalrus said:
    " Gamecube was awesome, actually. "
    Yep the average person just saw the awkward design and said "lol this is gaycube" so it didn't sell well.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Al3xand3r

Much like the average "gamer" looks selectively @ the Wii shovelware (and often times the remote design, for whatever childish reason) and goes "lol no gaemz" ignoring the good titles on it. Both the GC and the WIi were mistreated from the same audience, at least the Wii has managed to attract a different one big-time and so will enjoy a far healthier life, boosting the lifetime's titles for the "core" users of it as well.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#50  Edited By AgentJ

Why is it that so many new users think it's a fantastic idea to make threads about why they think the Wii is a failure, and then proceed to make nonsensical and uninformed arguements about how it doesn't have any good games? Mods, could we please just lock these from now on, or make a dedicated thread or something? This shit is annoying. 

By the way OP, I didn't see Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars, Punch Out, or Metroid Prime 3 in your list of games Nintendo's quality has failed on. Why is that?
    Also, when Godwind refered to your "Microsoft Allignment" and your avatar, it's because when you signed up for this site you had the option to choose an allignment which makes your default avatar Master Chief and your name coloration green. So yeah, we know that you chose Microsoft. Some Nintendo fan eh?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.