Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

Nintendo rescent success and the lack of memory

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DonPixel

No Caption Provided

I grew up with Nintendo; since the 8-bit era I`ve being a fan of the big N, yet I think thoug love is the best love so.. that`s why im trowing some points to remember everybody how Nintndo has manage to get to the peak a few times and screw everything because of their sturdiness and arrogance.

They said that your best quality can become your wrost defect.. that if you are arrogant enough. That said people don`t seem to remember that Nintendo enter to last gen in last place, with an absoluty boring and plain console and a mediocre selection of games, The failure Gamecube was nothing but the lowest point in a series of mistakes Nintendo did after the original Nes era, for you to remember there it goes:

Nes: Nothing bad to say agains this old friend, well there were a lot of useless gimmicky but hey NES bring back video games from dead after the crash in the 80s. After this they were going nothing but dow slowly but steady.

SNES: One of the greatest consoles ever I have to agree, yet the reasons for this greatness was mostly the positive inertia NIntendo has with the NES. in fact it sold less than it`s precesor some of the reasons were:

-Nintendo semi Nazi publishing rules against 3rd party developers, it`s not a secret that Nintendo fiercely promotes bright escapism as the only positive entretainment experience, sometimes they remind me of some fanatic catholic organization we have to deal with arround here.

-Dificult to pogram: Snes was a weird and hard machine to get the most of it, kinda like the playstation 2 of it`s generation,

It`s hard to imagine what would happend if Nintendo wouldnt be so conservative with the SNES it was a great machine and some of the greatest games ever were made for it,  back in those days N had everything they need to kick the upcoming PS1 in the ass real hard and they didn`t.

N64- Before you unleash your anger .. yes the N64 was a great console ... nevertheless it lost agains the competition mostly and again because of Nintendo conservative aproach.. we all know that Game cartdriges were a thing of the past yet they were obstinate enough to realese a mayor console with an obsolete format.. As clasic with Nintendo they manage to justify their stupid and greedy descision with absurdity (cd loading times, game experience etc.), the truth was Nintendo is mad sick with piracy they hate it like no other company in the world and they saw the game cartdrige as their savoir agains this evil.

Then there was the Gamecube in the shadow of PS2 and Xbox and console that was realesed because it was schedulled to be that way no other reason for it... I own one thou..

NOW WHY IM WRITTING THIS? Im not looking for fanboy hate, as I said im a Nitendo fanboy myself.  The thing is following nintendo history all this years and im starting to feel like in a deja vuu, so there it is this weird company a strange combination of sturdiness and bold innovation that manage to find succes in inovation but  at the same time they don`t seem to be whiling to evolve, for example what`s with this wii crap:

-No Hard Drive .. HD are cheap and an standard in other consoles, it feels almost arcaic a console without an HD..  why not making at leas optional
    -No HDTV-- enough said
    -No online game: this remain me a lot of the CD format debate back on the days, Nintendo trowing stupid argumentation agains online gaming like: People don`t like to lose, people like to see face to face when playing, playing online is not secure.. common why just don`t say the truth: WE ARE CHEAP ENOUGH TO INVEST IN A SERIUS ONLINE NETWORK.. why waste money if our products sell?

So this is the story with nintendo they are obstinate enough to make their good ideas dry to dead, due to their reluctanse of incorporate any mayor industrial evolution that doesn`t comes from them until it`s to late.

SO WHAT YOU THINK? do you think nintendo got it this time? that they are incorporating Hard drive and HDTV suport, analyst say so yet history makes me thing that Nintendo is gonna spend it`s time and resources with gimmicky crap like vitality sensor and who know what else, I might be to negative but my spider sense tells me Nintendo is gonna fall dow victim of it`s succes again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.