Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

Freighters - Where do you find A-Class of Above Freighters

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Maybe, I was very lucky when I found my first freighter, it was B-Class with a very nice squre grouping of starad cargo slots and five in a row slots for Tech Slots. No sure how freighters work, but I do know I have only run into one freighter that was "better" than what I had...but it was $800K more than I had at that moment

However, now that I have a complement of twenty-seven S-Class Frigates the amount of materials they bring in overwhelms my storage capacity. I have built extra storage , but I find "storage counters" a pain to use because they add and extra step to getting your materials out. (BTW: Is there a way to get rid of Frigates? I am trying to have an even number of Trade, Support, Exploration, Combat, and Industrial. I have tried shooting them, but I really do not have powerful weapons on most of my starships so ist seems to have little effect. Someone said you need missiles, but do I need just standard missles or do I need S-Class launch tubes...or something?)

Is there ket to which star system will have S-Class Freighters show up? Like does the star system have to be one with certain trade or technology ratings, etc? I now have $200 million in credits and I believe that should by a sweet hoopty.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2 fisk0  Moderator

Seems like it's just random luck, I haven't really seen any correlation with stuff like technological or industrial oriented star systems or anything like that.

My first freighter was an B class with more slots than any other freighter I've come across since, so I've never opted for upgrades whenever I've seen A or S class ones, since, you know, having fewer slots than the maximum possible in every situation is a nightmare in No Man's Sky, but I've definitely seen some S class freighters.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: I did some digging on teh subjects of S-Class freighters, while not definitive, I saw an avenue of exploration.

In a video someoen was saying to "economy scanner" to find affluent system. So, affluent systems are one part of the puzzle, the other part is picking a fight... '...Shoot up the Sentinels until you get a four diamond rating, likley easier to do on planets surface while collecting some "robot parts"; then fly into space. When you fly into space the Sentinel spacecraft fighters will follow you; supposedly that si how you draw in really high level freighters - fighting sentinel spacecraft draws te good freighters.'

All of that sound wacky...but this game often has odd triggers. I'm not sure I believe this, but I'll try it. Also I was bring I got a A-Class freighter, so for me it will be upgrade to S-class or nothing. I hope that one of teh next few updates will make freighters even more interesting to use. I wish they had crew walking around so they would not feel so empty.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I found as HUGE A-Class Freighter. Ist not as big as the other one I saw, but it is shaped like a Star Destroyer, covered with gun turrets. Its not unique, but it is a nice upgrade. I did lose a ton of materials in the trade, but ist not a big deal since I wanted a "fresh canvas" for my freighter anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.