Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

Multi-tool upgrade question

Gfeltner78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have not been able to find an answer using the internets so I thought I would try here:

I have found several upgrades for the multi-tool just putting around my opening planet. If I find an upgrade for the mining beam, how do I apply it? Do I have to dismantle the version on the multi-tool and then apply the new upgrade version? Or is there a way to apply it on top of the current beam?

Thanks!

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think the upgrades stack, so you can have a +1 upgrade as well as a +2, and so forth. Make sure to have them next to each other though, I've found that they give some sort of bonus if they're next to each other. For example, I stacked some life support upgrades next to each other and I've found my life support meter drains way slower.

You'll know they're connected when they have a coloured border around the upgrades. Also not quite sure about the specifics of the bonuses.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a way to transfer upgrades from your current to a new multi-tool?

cLoudForest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@puchiko: beyond backing out and breaking down the upgrades that you want to move over and rebuilding them after the swap, I don't think so. The same seems to apply to ships: you can't move equipment or upgrades over directly, only cargo.

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another multi tool question from someone who is waiting for the PC release.

When you apply an upgrade does the multi tool model change. Like I applied an upgrade that makes the cool down reduce and now it looks like it has some kind of gas vent. Or it holds more charge and it looks like it has a bigger fuel cell or magazine?

Just curious

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@garris: The only aesthetic changes I've seen in mutitools are when you get a whole new one. Upgrades do not change it visually.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.