Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No More Heroes

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 06, 2007

An action-adventure hack n' slash title for the Nintendo Wii. In it, players follow otaku Travis Touchdown in his quest to become the highest-ranked assassin in the world (and, perhaps, get together with the mysterious Sylvia Christel).

No More Heroes PS360 Trailer #1

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yup, it's the same game with 2 extra years of shine on it alright. From here.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By nail1080

Wow youtube spam great stuff. Any chance of writing one or two paragraphs of discussion or do you like to just randomly copy and past youtube vids or something?
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

Posting the newest game trailer should not count as youtube spam. 

Anyway, yeah. Shadow of the Colossus on meth.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nail1080
    @Meowayne said:

"Posting the newest game trailer should not count as youtube spam.   Anyway, yeah. Shadow of the Colossus on meth. "

"The biggest culprit for these spam topics we've noticed are what we have affectionately dubbed 'youtube spammers' who find a youtube video, embed it into a topic and expect discussion to come from it. When they haven't even bothered to provide adequate original commentary to inspire productive discussion value to their topic.  " 

Not my words but the words of the mods... 
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

If you think it's spam (it isn't), flag it and don't respond as per your beloved mods' suggestions in that thread. Otherwise gtfo bro :-)

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nail1080
    @Al3xand3r said:
    "If you think it's spam (it isn't), flag it and don't respond as per your beloved mods' suggestions in that thread. Otherwise gtfo bro :-) "

Dude you didn't even write a paragraph. You are clutteting the forums up with this nonesense. At least start a proper discussion rathar than just copy and pasting the link. That's not what the forums are for and I don't knowe why you post up all these 'news stories' of yours. You're not a member of staff and anything that is news worthy is posted by the staff and they also tend to write a few paragraphs about the story, rathar than just copying and pasting a link....so really I don't know what to call what you're doing other than spam.  

*flagged*
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

Read such threads more thoroughly next time. From that same thread:

@Hamz
    said:

"This is in relation to any material whether it is related to video games or not, although primarily most of the 'youtube spam' comes from non-video game related material as far as we've observed. Concessions may be made when it comes to trailers, especially if they are video game related, but we would still love to see people do more than the "DUDES! new trailer for game X which is highly anticipated!" type of comments. Perhaps go into a little detail as to what you feel the trailer did well at showing about the game / movie, your opinions etc in general over the game / movie after viewing the trailer. That sort of thing. "

I love how you ignore the main issue which is that you broke the guidelines you bitch and derail the thread over me (not) breaking. If you don't like my posts, or don't find what I post about news worthy, it's very easy to avoid clicking in the threads as they show who created them prominently. Anyway, there's not much to say for a 2 year old game is there? What there is, I already said in that short comment you snubbed. Most gamers know what this game's about since it's so old and they can see what the port brings to the table from the trailer itself. Maybe if the staff post about it on the front page they will pad their post with 2 paragraphs of useless information just in case some people out there haven't known of this port or the original game, but that's the beauty of posting on forums. I don't have to do that every single time I mention something about any given game! Hurray!
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Ineedaname

@nail1080:
    He's reporting the gaming news, there will be alot of people interested in this.
    And I'm one, if he hadn't have posted that trailer I'd never have seen it.

It's game related, which elimates part of the problem with those youtube videos, and it's not random, it's specific to a game, it's not like some random clip of a dude falling over, or some really bad song. It's a debut trailer for a game. All you seem to be doing is mini-modding.

Although on topic, is the same version as the 2nd wii one?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

I'm not sure what you mean. It's the first game from 2007 (hence the shine comment), ported with improved visuals.

The sequel is coming to Wii next year, no ports announced at this time.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ineedaname

Ah I never played the first, and never knew what it was titled, I could have looked but I was lazy, I'm sorry.
    And I never read the comment you put under the video, I'd made the assumption it was the title of the video before I even read it =D (Some embeds do that, I swear)

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r

It was just called No More Heroes. This has the added Heroes' Paradise subtitle. The Wii sequel's subtitle is Desperate Struggle.

Here's a comparable trailer of the Wii 2007 version. Note both of these show the censored version. Uncensored can be very different and cooler.

Tirrandir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Tirrandir

Yup, looks like No More Heroes.  Man, that Bad Girl fight was a bitch and a half.  Truly an epic boss battle.  Anyway, I'm on board for this, assuming it comes to the US (and I don't know why it wouldn't).  This game was pretty awesome on Wii, I'm pretty sure it'll be just as awesome when I'm going for gamerscore.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Meowayne

I don't see how No More Heroes has gotten the reputation it has while MadWorld hasn't. Both are repetative thug killing in order to reach a series of brilliant boss battles - but MadWorld did that better in every way. Better stages, more to do, better controls, better moves, better gore, better humor, better and more boss battles, better visuals. 
    I didn't finish either because the thug killing was too tedious for me; but I don't see what No More Heroes did that MadWorld didn't do better.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Al3xand3r

Fun. I found MadWorld's fighting boring. I enjoyed No More Heroes tons more. I felt most of the motion controls in MadWorld didn't flow as smoothly with the pace of the game. It had more, but not as good or as well integrated. The humour wasn't better, only more in your face and obnoxious. Imo.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Linkyshinks

I like the trailer, but it doesn't feel as good in Japanese.  

Comparing this to MadWorld is laughable, lol.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Meowayne
    @Linkyshinks said:
    "Comparing this to MadWorld is laughable, lol. "
    Why? The games are extremely similar.
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Definitely going to pick it up for the 360.  Played through both Japanese and USA versions for the WIi- awaiting the sequel now.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By xyzygy

Wait... what? Feelplus? I thought they were a MS company.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @xyzygy said:
    " Wait... what? Feelplus? I thought they were a MS company. "
    Apparently not! They've done lots of stuff on other platforms.
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @nail1080 said:
    " @Meowayne said:

"Posting the newest game trailer should not count as youtube spam.   Anyway, yeah. Shadow of the Colossus on meth. "

"The biggest culprit for these spam topics we've noticed are what we have affectionately dubbed 'youtube spammers' who find a youtube video, embed it into a topic and expect discussion to come from it. When they haven't even bothered to provide adequate original commentary to inspire productive discussion value to their topic.  "  Not my words but the words of the mods...  "
    Not not a video of some kid being pushed off a log, its a video game trailer. We know what to comment on, we understand the context, we're not stupid.
    Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Edin899
    @nail1080 said:
    "@Al3xand3r said:
    "If you think it's spam (it isn't), flag it and don't respond as per your beloved mods' suggestions in that thread. Otherwise gtfo bro :-) "
    Dude you didn't even write a paragraph. You are clutteting the forums up with this nonesense. At least start a proper discussion rathar than just copy and pasting the link. That's not what the forums are for and I don't knowe why you post up all these 'news stories' of yours. You're not a member of staff and anything that is news worthy is posted by the staff and they also tend to write a few paragraphs about the story, rathar than just copying and pasting a link....so really I don't know what to call what you're doing other than spam.   *flagged* "

How is he cluttering forums on a gamewebsite with a trailer of a videogame.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By animateria

I feel a bit sad that they aren't going to use motion controls on the PS3 version. Simple up-down, side-to-side motions are easily registered by the Sixaxis as Folklore has proven.

I think most games that tried to use the Sixaxis controls tried to use it for precision controls rather than simple movements. No More Heroes could have easily integrated some of the motion controls on the system.

Kinda loses some of it's novelty though it's not necessary (though saying that says a lot about the Wii's rather pointless motion controls as well, the Wii works better with traditional controls in all honesty).

I'm interested but obviously not at the $60 price tag. That would be ridiculous.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Meowayne

Ah, now you did it. I picked up No More Heroes again today and killed a bunch of dudes for about an hour. Congratulations. D: 

I forgot how bland and ugly the game is, from a technical point of view. I wonder how well "endless repetative hallways with 3 different enemy types" will hold up on the HD consoles? Also, I found that really the only thing making the road to the boss battles entertaining are the gesture-controlled finishers. I don't think Heroes Paradise will rate very favourably.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By Willy105

Same with GTA Chinatown Wars, I'm interesting in seeing if this game would do any better on the HD consoles as opposed to it's more popular original console. It's weird it not selling on the most popular console out there and then porting it to a less popular console for it to sell more.

What's worse, it seems this game doesn't use Natal or the Wand, so it might be even worse than the original.

Also, the graphics are not the "next-gen" increase I was expecting.

This may sound like criticisms, BUT IT'S NOT considering the guys on other consoles actually like the more conservative gameplay. Anyway, I don't own either game. But this version doesn't make me want it any more.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By regularassmilk

This is borderline youtube spam.
    Watch out, buddy.
    Cool though.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jeffgoldblum

One of the coolest titles on the wii becomes a mediocre 360/PS3 title. Yaaaaaaaay

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By Romination

I'm just curious what the achievements will be like.

Andpeople complaining about the repetition, I don't have that problem, but t's really jsut that I had a different play style where I'd want to see all the wrestling moves, for example, and i'd mix things up a lot. Until I got the final sword. Then I'd just kick ass without even thinking about it.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nail1080 said:
    " @Meowayne said:

"The biggest culprit for these spam topics we've noticed are what we have affectionately dubbed 'youtube spammers' who find a youtube video, embed it into a topic and expect discussion to come from it. When they haven't even bothered to provide adequate original commentary to inspire productive discussion value to their topic.  "  Not my words but the words of the mods...  "
    Pretty sure they're mostly talking about videos that are just random, like "hay look at dis cat lol it rolls over pretty cool huh?!?!"  But being as this is relevant to this game as the new trailer for it, it's probably not counted as spam.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Meowayne

Eh, I just read through an FAQ for NMH on gamefaqs and found that there is a lot of information and (combat) moves the game straight-out doesn't even tell you about. I hate it when games do that.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Synthballs
    @Linkyshinks said:

" I like the trailer, but it doesn't feel as good in Japanese.    Comparing this to MadWorld is laughable, lol. "

I thought they were the same thing. One being more violent however

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.