Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nobuo Uematsu

Person » credited in 58 games

One of the most revered and prolific composers in gaming, Uematsu helped define the emotional tone of the Final Fantasy series.

Nobuo Uematsu to retire indefinitely due to illness

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By effache

https://lineblog.me/uematsunobuo/archives/13199762.html

The most prolific of all time. Not very many details here, but I wish him well and for a full recovery.

He is second to none, in my mind. He was the spark for my interest in music and deeper interest in games and final fantasy in my teenage years. In that time I would have said I wanted to score films/games, and he is pretty much solely responsible for that.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hopefully he gets some well deserved rest. Imo, Nobuos' compositions are the best part of final fantasy.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

My dude already secured his place in music history. He deserves as much time off as he wants. I hope his health improves.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

He is without a doubt, one of the best composers in the industry, if not the best. I hope he makes a recovery and comes back to do more, but even if he doesn't, I'm very grateful for what he's provided the world already.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.