Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nobuo Uematsu

Person » credited in 58 games

One of the most revered and prolific composers in gaming, Uematsu helped define the emotional tone of the Final Fantasy series.

The Black Mages Disband

tutuboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tutuboy95

For those of you who didn't know, Nobuo Uematsu was in a rock band that remixed Final Fantasy music, known as The Black Mages (for obvious reasons!). Over the past seven years, they have remixed 29 Final Fantasy tracks, and made 2 original songs. Other members in the band were Michio Okamiya, Arata Hanyuda, Keiji Kawamori, Tsuyoshi Sekito, and Kenichiro Fukui.

Sadly, most likely because of schedule conflicts, the band has disbanded and are no more.

I, for one, am saddened by this loss, for I liked the band's great forms of experimentation. Their last album, The Black Mages III: Darkness and Starlight, was just brilliant. I was looking forward to having some more remixed tracks from them in the future. 

It's not a total loss, because Uematsu confirmed that he will continue to make rock remixes. Hopefully those will be seen in the near future.

skippyscissors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By skippyscissors

Aw man, bummer. I really enjoyed their stuff, especially the Rock Opera from FFVI. I guess I'll be on the lookout for the Earthbound Papas.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.