Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jan 25, 2005

A spin-off of the Oddworld series, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath attaches an unrelated shooter to the beloved franchise as players undertake the role of a mysterious bounty hunter known as Stranger, who seeks to make a living in Oddworld's rugged West.

PC port broken

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

Seems like there's widespread issues with this game. People with hugely powerful rigs can't get it above 20FPS which is atrocious for an xbox port. I can run nearly all multiplatform games maxed out at my native res of 1920x1080 but, applying those settings here gets me that 20FPS bottleneck. 

Also, along with having no graphical settings, there is no way to change the resolution from within the game - you need to modify the config file or settle with their 'resolution options' of low, medium, high and ultra. This is beyond a joke. Really shocked considering how much I was looking forward to this release.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By TwoLines

Sounds awesome.
    Seriously though, bummer. Hopefuly a patch will be released.
    ..okay, it probably won't.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By vitor
    @TwoLines said:
    " Sounds awesome. Seriously though, bummer. Hopefuly a patch will be released. ..okay, it probably won't. "
    Well, the CEO of Just Add Water is already on the Steam forums making promises. Hopefully, they'll actually be kept.  

Problems seem ridiculously widespread - users with 580, 480 and 5870 graphics cards can barley get this game to run. I have a laptop so just assumed mobile driver issues (happened with Kane and Lynch 2) but I'm far from the only one. Kinda ridiculous when I was maxing out Batman: AA last night at 1920x1080 and yet can't run an Xbox game...
    finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By finstern

Garbled textures for me and unplayable framerate on anything cept for low settings :|

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By ZimboDK

So I just bought the Oddbox. Been waiting for years for a PC port of Stranger's Wrath. Holy fuck does it run bad. The only graphical options you have are resolution changes, and even then the game only supports 4:3. No widescreen at all. Also, I would think that even though my PC isn't super powerful I should be able to max it out. I can run it at a somewhat acceptable framerate on medium resolution though It still slows down at times. At least I haven't had any crashes yet. I really can't recommend it to anyone, but at least you can get the Oddbox for 19 bucks right now on Steam.

BuckThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BuckThunder

Holy Crap.  I have a maxed out M11X (about three months old) that plays pretty much everything at higher settings and I can't get past the title screen.  I love PC and console games, but this is the one enormous thorn in PC gaming's side--the inability to know, without a doubt, that the game you are drooling over will work on your rig.  Also, I wish gamepads (like my madcatz 360 knock-off) worked universally.  Just my two cents.  Desperately awaiting a patch, one of my favorite games ever.  With a twist!

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Jeust
    @BuckThunder said:

" Holy Crap.  I have a maxed out M11X (about three months old) that plays pretty much everything at higher settings and I can't get past the title screen.  I love PC and console games, but this is the one enormous thorn in PC gaming's side--the inability to know, without a doubt, that the game you are drooling over will work on your rig.  Also, I wish gamepads (like my madcatz 360 knock-off) worked universally.  Just my two cents.  Desperately awaiting a patch, one of my favorite games ever.  With a twist! "

Your machine is too obsolete. Buy a new one!
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#8  Edited By Vinchenzo

I can run it on medium, but I still have framerate issues. Also something that nobody has mentioned was how terrible the aiming was. Damn this shit... still going to beat it though.

bundle85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#9  Edited By bundle85

did this ever get patched? I'm interested in this because of the sale, but I don't want to buy if it won't run well/doesn't use the wired 360 controller well. 

Lucidforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By Lucidforest

I can't even get the game to run. It freezes on the loading screen every time. Bleh. Anyone ever come across a fix?

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By UnrealDP

I have it running fine when it comes to graphics, but every time there is a pop up the sound effect keeps playing over and over then then the game crashs....

Lucidforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By Lucidforest

Not good! It's the only reason I bough the Oddboxx too, I have all the other games on consoles. STOOPID GAME MAKER PEOPLE, FEEL THIS STRANGER'S WRATH!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.