Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ori and the Blind Forest

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 11, 2015

Ori and the Blind Forest is a 2D Metroidvania game with a strong focus on platforming, story, and atmosphere. Developed by Moon Studios for the PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.

How is the pc version?

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hey Duders,

How is the PC version of this? Anyone had any issues with it? Does it look/run better then the one version?

Many thanks in advance.

schnoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By schnoo

Usually runs at 60 fps, I've had occasional frame rate drops with my GT 750M. Audio/video settings are really basic and you cant rebind keys.

Havent seen the xbone version so I don't know if there's a difference.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I've had some issues running it fullscreen with dual monitors. It would black out my second screen and have some odd artifacting as it refreshed. Disabling one of my monitors made it work fine though.

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Colony024

@schnoo: Really, no key rebinding? Being left-handed this would likely be an issue for me. Good to know.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

In about an hour of playing it crashed on me once and some areas had a lot of screen tearing on my GTX970. I was too lazy to actually look at the options but it seemed like the game defaulted everything to max. Maybe I should check on that.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Perfect, been playin' 6 hours, I haven't had a single problem.

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dimi3je

Runs smooth, had no problems with it so far.

Buarpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Buarpo

Had some weird issues related to Alt+Tabbing out and back in causing the game to crash, but no crashes outside of this. No issues with frame-rate or hitching, as to a visual comparison I can't tell ya since I only own the PC version.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@schnoo: Really, no key rebinding? Being left-handed this would likely be an issue for me. Good to know.

As a fellow southpaw, I can't imagine PC gaming the "reverse" way of everybody else. Do you always do that?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

You can use something like Xpadder to remap the controls yourself.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I've played for about 3-4 hours, running on W7 x64 with a GTX970 with duplicated screens and there's been no issues what so ever on max settings.

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: I don't exactly reverse or mirror everything. But I do tend to remap the keyboard to be used with my right hand, since I use the left for the mouse. This usually comes down to me mapping everything to the numpad and surrounding keys. Obviously it also depends on the game though, but over the years I've gotten so used to my own layout that it always irks me when I can't change things.

People also often assume that because I am left handed I also switch the mouse buttons around, and I know some other lefties who do actually do that, but that's something I just don't get. I use the other hand, sure, but left is still left and right is right. (I've even met people who assumed it's like colourblindness, and that I just can't tell left from right and therefor do things "wrong").

@mb: Yeah I know, but it's still a slight annoyance that could've easily been prevented. And even for right-handed people, I still think having the option to rebind is good to have. Not everyone prefers the same layouts. And I am assuming it plays fine with a controller too, right? Oddly enough, I have no issues whatsoever with those; they feel just fine to me, even though with those you tend to use the left hand for the movement, and the right for the camera & buttons, which is completely opposite to how I use KB+M.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jorbit

I completed the game on PC and it ran great on my 560 Ti. Absolutely gorgeous game. I used a 360 controller to play and it worked without issue.

This is definitely the best game I've played in years. I'm playing back through it again.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Justin258

@colony024: Do you do the same for controllers?

Speaking of, I can play this game with a 360 controller, right? Natively, not by mapping everything with a third party program.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No issues, but keep vsync on, otherwise you'll get massive tearing.

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Colony024

@believer258: As I mentioned, no I don't. Admittedly I don't use my 360 controller all that much, but whenever I do it feels perfectly natural to me, despite it being geared towards right-handed people. I will say though that it took quite a while for me to get comfortable with it (specifically thumbsticks) altogether. I've been a PC gamer my entire life and have been using KB+M pretty much since the dinosaurs roamed the Earth, while I only got a 360 controller about a year and a half ago (bought it specifically for Dark Souls). I suspect right-handed people who've never used one before need time to get used to them just the same.

Control method aside, and backon topic again; This game sure is looking great, and though I still think no rebinding is a shame, I will most definitely be picking this up soon.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Runs ok, with me for some reason it occasionally frame stutters, could be my hard drive or something but a few others also seem to have some frame rate issues. Controls switch between M/K and controller instantly, noticed it uses Xbone input display so the Back button shows up as the weird little boxes.
    Those minor things aside, it's a good version of the game, aside from maybe resolution clarity on a PC monitor there won't be any visual difference between the platforms.

noricon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By noricon

This is not to anyone specifically but to those that plan on playing this game with the PS4 controller using DS4Windows, the controls will be messed up (Cannot drag/push objects, 2 jump buttons etc.) until you check the "Hide DS4 Controller" option in the Settings tab. The game controls fine after this change.

To the general quality of the PC version, I've finished the game twice now and working on my 3rd (no deaths) and except some weird gas particles in the Sunken Glade that can very briefly drop the framerate to sub-60, the game runs fine on both my laptop and desktop.

Edit: Also dual-monitor interaction is funky but it's really not a problem at all.

Desktop

FX-8120, AMD 6870

Laptop

i7-4712, Nvidia 850M

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.