Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ori and the Blind Forest

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 11, 2015

Ori and the Blind Forest is a 2D Metroidvania game with a strong focus on platforming, story, and atmosphere. Developed by Moon Studios for the PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.

Is History going to repeat itself again(2013)

zeo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is Brad's meme “tell me 10 games better than brothers” going to come back in 2015, but this time its going to morph in to “tell me 10 games better Ori and the blind forest”, only time will tell…

(I hope it does so a new DKC game is more likely to be announced)

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair Brothers was a great game if you let it do its thing and trusted it. Also the art and style of Ori looks amazing from the old trailer I looked up. Anxious to see how good it really is, though I dunno if I'll buy it for a while with what little gaming time I have short term going to Hotline Miami 2...

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This looks like it is going to be like Dust: An Elysian Tail but with a far better art style and combat system, so I don't see why it isn't going to be great.

Also there are totally Twitch streams of the game. Definitely getting it when it comes to Steam on Friday or whenever it is.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I thought the "10 Games better than Brothers" meme was pretty hilarious, so I wouldn't mind that happening again.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

At least this time the game looks like it's a great game, Brothers was overrated tripe.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cloudnineboya

hope not. that game was so overrated it was criminal .he should of been locked up.

Vessel28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you mean people will be unnecessarily overly harsh on the game because Brad or somebody gets very excited about it?

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By sravankb

@vessel28 said:

Do you mean people will be unnecessarily overly harsh on the game because Brad or somebody gets very excited about it?

Yeah, this is the kind of behavior that was created thanks to that joke. Kinda sucks how some people will do this for games that others are excited for, and at the same time, will also actively hate something when someone on the crew hates that thing.

It's like they want to hate stuff.

TL;DR - Haters gonna hate. (I apologize for using that phrase, but it feels very relevant here).

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vessel28 said:

lol I like you.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
    GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wanted to like Dust and Brothers but they both felt more like spectacles than games. Both very pretty but not very fun to actually play. Hopefully this isnt like that.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

i wanted to like Dust and Brothers but they both felt more like spectacles than games. Both very pretty but not very fun to actually play. Hopefully this isnt like that.

I can see why you would say that, but I disagree. Dust on hard was challenging and finding all its secrets was a lot of fun. And Brothers had some really great environmental puzzles. Plus both had cool art and nice music.

Ori does all that stuff, too. All neat games.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
    deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one of those time when I agree with Brad. The game is real fucking good.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vessel28 said:

lol I like you.

We laugh, but this has happened at least three times.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@giantlizardking: I felt dust was actually a cool idea, it was fun trying to maintain stupid long juggles of every enemy on the screen.

Dust was also pretty much made by one guy, for a game to be as good as it was, it's worth some sort of recognition.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looking at the list of crap coming out this year that we know about it and having played through about 90% of the game myself I'd say it's pretty dang likely that it's on his top 10 for sure. I wonder if the "escape" sequences will keep it from being too high up there though.

GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark said:

@giantlizardking: I felt dust was actually a cool idea, it was fun trying to maintain stupid long juggles of every enemy on the screen.

Dust was also pretty much made by one guy, for a game to be as good as it was, it's worth some sort of recognition.

I really loved the art style and setting and all of that I just thought it was a little slow to start and the challenge just wasn't there for me.

GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

@giantlizardking said:

I can see why you would say that, but I disagree. Dust on hard was challenging and finding all its secrets was a lot of fun. And Brothers had some really great environmental puzzles. Plus both had cool art and nice music.

Ori does all that stuff, too. All neat games.

I may have to give Dust another try then. I love that style of game, it just felt slow to start. If an action game doesn't grab me in an hour or so I usually don't play it any more.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@vessel28 said:

Miserable fucks don't like seeing other people being happy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.