Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Outlast 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 25, 2017

A follow up to Outlast from Red Barrels.

SPOILERS! Finished the game. Want to discuss.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

What happened at the end of the game there? I mean, is it just as obvious as what was seen on screen, or was there a lot more going on?

Questions:

• How did Lynn get pregnant? Was she pregnant?
    • Was there more to Blake that wasn't explored more deeply to give the players something to think about?
    • How exactly did it connect to the first? (Was the preacher/teacher the same guy from the first game?)
    • Was there some kind of science going on behind the scenes, psychological (just in Blake's mind), or was it truly depicting the revelations?
    • How is Jessica connected to all of it? Is she the woman leader of the other cult faction, or just what reminds Blake of her?

I'm not sure if I have more questions. I am not sure if this game brings up questions, or just lays it out plainly and what we saw was what we actually got. I can't even tell if I didn't understand it or not. I'll end this by commenting that the game, while it started off pretty quickly with enemies going after you, the game didn't really feel all that intense until later in the game. The second half of the game, or the last three and a half hours I'd say was relentless in how intense it was because they kept throwing you into chase after chase more or less, with the quick back and forth of the spooky school environment. I never got to the point where I outright wanted to quit because it was stressful (that has only happened in Amnesia: The Dark Descent a couple of times, and P.T.), but it was intense enough that my hands started sweating and even my upper lip started sweating, and points where I'd actually exclaim out loud when I don't generally do that with horror games (it's quieter exclamations). It felt like the developers were trying to give the player a heart attack, ha ha. I thought there'd be more relax time, but it never came late in the game. I know I said spoilers in the title, but from what I understand we're still supposed to put spoilers in black?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NTM

Did anyone else finish this? Who here has played it, and/or is in the middle of it?

Edit 5/14/2017 7:50 AM PST - Originally I felt the game wasn't as clear when I just came off of it, whether the game was ambiguous or not, and it is clear that the game is definitely ambiguous, so there's that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.