Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Path of Exile

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 23, 2013

Path of Exile is a free-to-play PC online action Role-Playing Game set in a dark fantasy world.

Anyone playing this weekend?

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014
    Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Pop

I played just a little bit, cause I forgot about it but I looked at the passive skill tree and it blew my mind.

Marauder passive skill tree
    Marauder passive skill tree
    envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By envane

yeah the sphere grid is prettttty insane .. i stopped playing the beta though to give myself some breathing room for d3

shikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By shikon

i got in closed beta 3 hours before the free weekend and loving it!

i do hope they get a few more skills tough. i mean the passive tree is pretty impressive. but then there's only maybe 10 skills per stat? seems a bit low compared to the passive tree which is insane.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ares42

Been playing quite a bit end enjoyed it a lot. Got tempted to buy into the beta, so I went and checked their prepurchase stuff. While it's nice that you can buy in for "just" $10 to get access to the beta of a F2P game, the fact that they are even offering some of the bigger packs completely put me off the game. It's just everything I hate about F2P, they are always money-grubbing. I'd much rather pay my $60 and be done with it.

English

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By English

I played it during the last free weekend they had, but after getting into the torchlight 2 beta and with diablo 3 around the corner I don't really feel like going back to it. It's a fine game, but I didn't find anything particularly exceptional about it to make me want to play it over torchlight 2/d3.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I'd say its Diablo 2.5.

Its smooth, it works, it's pretty cool.
    Anyone into these type of games should check it out.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ares42

@rebgav: I get that there are insane people out there with too much money. But the fact that they are even encouraging people to spend that sort of money on a game that isn't even out yet says something about how they plan on doing their business.

Also, there's a big difference between kickstarter and pure donations (like this is), accountability. If this company goes under or the game fails miserably, noone's getting their money back. They already got what they payed for.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By eroticfishcake

Heads up folks. The developers are stress testing their servers again this weekend so it's going to be an open beta until Monday.

If you're interested in this game then now may be a good idea to jump in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.