Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2016

Concept »

The seventh annual PAX East took place April 22-24, 2016 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center in Boston, Massachusetts.

PAX East 2016 Badges gogogo

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

https://www.showclix.com/event/p783245402/

"Although you're not guaranteed a badge just because you're in line, we CAN guarantee that the order you came in will be the order you are served in. Once it's your turn, you'll get kicked over to a different page where you'll have 11 minutes to complete your transaction. PLEASE NOTE: In order to keep things fair, we currently have badge limits of 4 per household (per badge type). If we determine that you are ordering under different names and multiple addresses, all of your orders will be cancelled immediately. Good luck, and thank you again for coming to PAX!

Get ready – this page will automatically take you to the ticketing system when it’s your turn to purchase tickets!"

More details on the page, good luck!

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Was in the queue then saw that 3-days are already sold out (apparently within literal minutes), so I'm just not gonna bother this year. I don't have the energy for this rush for tickets/hotels anymore and having to buy individual day passes is just terrible.

Hope anybody that was able to get stuff has fun!

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By turboman

Wrong time to use the bathroom for me... missed out on 3 day passes. Sitting in a Queue now to perhaps get my first ever tickets to PAX.

Edit: Anyone have any tips on places to stay for the weekend? I'm probably just going to AirBNB it.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ugh, was on my lunch break and missed the 3-days. Oh well.

@turboman: There are some hotels that PAX works with to get deals on. They also run shuttles to those places as well. That's what I usually go for.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Missed the 3 days but got a few passes for each of the individual days. Oh well. Works for me. Those Saturday passes go fast though so get them now if you want em.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Landed a pair of single day passes for all three days. I am surprised they still offered three day passes after they got rid of the multiday ones at Prime.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chaser324  Moderator

You guys really shouldn't give up so quickly after the three-day passes are gone. There's been talk of doing away with them altogether for quite a while now, and it seems they've already begun to drastically reduce the supply. If you want to go to PAX, you need to just be ok with not getting a three-day badge.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Missed out on the three day passes but I'm definitely going Saturday, so that's awesome.

These always go on sale when I am at work and can't get online to buy them in time. I miss the good old days of Pax East where it was a plucky upstart and 3 day passes were easy to get. :D

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was smart this year and updated my twitter to only notify me when the official Pax account tweets and also Robert Koo. Worked out well I was one of the few to actually get a 3 day pass. Can't wait to see all the cool Giantbomb people again this year!

thdemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Was luckily at my desk when they announcement went out. Got a 3-Day, even though just Friday/Saturday was tempting.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thatpinguino  Staff

Got my Friday + Saturday pass combo. Man this thing sells out quick.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was taking out my employee for lunch since its his last week at work. I missed it. My first time not going to PAX. Hope the people that got the tickets are going for their first time and enjoy it. I'm going to start hitting other game cons.

Anyone ever been to a retro game con?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I snagged my Friday and Sunday badges, as long as the GB panel is on one of those days i'm good. Unless someone is feeling generous on Ebay i guess Saturday will be my PAX party night. :)

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@hassun: The three day pass is typically a bit more than the cost of two single day passes but less than three. This year, the single days were $50 each ($150 total for all three days) and the three day pass was $105. It's a significant discount, but the quantity of three day passes is so low that you may as well go in just assuming single day passes are your only option.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.