Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Dualshock 4 won't pair with pc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darkslayer16

I have been using my ds4 with my laptop wirelessly for months without issue.

Yesterday I used it on my PS4 and now it won't pair with my pc again.

Any idea how to fix it? It's driving me insane. Works wired just won't pair.

Windows 10

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Have you tried going to Device > Bluetooth and un-pairing any existing controllers? I would do that first.

That being said, I have only had limited success with native DS4 support on Windows 10. I also use DS4Windows. Seems to work about 99% of the time, fuck you Borderlands 2 I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU!

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ballsleon: yes I have none paired. I had been using ds4windows while playing games. Wired everything is still fine, but it won't pair for Bluetooth.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

That's weird if you have none paired. If it's a USB BT then check the connection and maybe just wait longer for the device to be discovered?

Is DS4Windows still receiving updates? I keep reading that the DS4Windows team has chosen to put all their focus into supporting InputMapper instead.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@flashflood_29: Thank you sir! Was wondering what happened to DS4Windows. They don't make it clear that development has shifted to InputMapper on the DS4Windows site.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashflood_29 It's built in. It detects the controller but when I try to pair it it does nothing.:

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@ballsleon: No problem. I try and get the word out every time someone has a problem with their DS4 and they're still using DS4windows. Just a quick heads up as well, if you're on Windows 10, exclusive mode (so the OS doesn't sense, and use, two controllers at once) requires one extra step. After starting up InputMapper, run a bat file that has the spoiler text pasted in it. THEN hook up your controller, and hit any keyboard button to complete the process. Sometimes I have to disconnect the controller and do the .bat step again. All it does is temporaritly disable explorer so that it only senses the emulated 360 controller, and not another one on top of that. This has solved just about all problems I've had with COUNTLESS games. If you've ever had a game register two inputs for one button press, like scrolling through a menu absurdly quick, then this will most likely solve that problem! Cheers

@echo off

taskkill /IM explorer.exe /f

echo Press any key after connecting your controller.

pause

start explorer.exe

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#8  Edited By audioBusting

I have this problem every time I sync it to my PS4 too, but unpairing the controller on Windows and then re-pairing it always works for me.

Edit: To be clear, by unpairing I mean going to the Bluetooth settings and then right click -> remove on the controller, and by re-pairing I mean holding the PS button + Share button to pair it again.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@audiobusting: it's not listed on my pc to remove. It shows up but when I try to pair it but says "that didn't work" when I click pair

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any other ideas?

torkish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By torkish

FIX TUTORIAL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqyNqbYJATY&t=1s

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.