Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Flash Games or Console Downloadable Games

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Johnny5

I was thinking about what sets the PC apart recently and I was thinking back to some flash games I was playing. Personally do you prefer downloadable games via a console (arcade, wiiware ,psn store) or flash games such as Desktop Tower Defence.

man some flash games...are insanly addictive.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

I don't care what medium or distribution method is used, only if a game is fun. There's nothing as good as Monster's Den: Book of Dread in non-flash form, so flash it is. The same for the likes of Ronin: Spirit of the Sword. On the other hand, there's nothing like Mount&Blade as a flash game (duh) or console download, so PC download it is. The same for Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space and the same for World of Goo (or WiiWare for that).

Good fun games are great either way :)

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By clarke0

Honestly I can say, despite the fact that you have to pay for them, I like console downloadable games better. They have much more depth and I generally enjoy playing them a lot more. The best thing about Flash games is that you can play them when you are bored at school, work etc.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

I prefer games that aren't Flash on PC.  Don't like playing games in a web browser at all.  It's far from an efficient use of processing power as well.  Some of the games are really good, but I prefer to play something with a console-like presentation at least.  Play the game, full screen, no using a keyboard to play.  It all comes down to the game though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.