Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Help me find a new monitor!

smekke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By smekke

Hey duders!

Right now I'm using a 42" plasma as my main monitor. Doing a bunch of music production, my current setup is less than ideal.

So... My plan is to keep using the plasma for console gaming and movie watching, and get a new 23 - 25" monitor for other computer-work stuff (plus some PC-gaming).

My budget is somewhere between 500 - 700 dollars.

This is the best I've found so far, though not optimal for gaming. http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/PA246Q/

Thanks!

JoMate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoMate

@smekke:

I would look at the dell ultrasharp line, they have a very good name are not to expansive for what they offer and are just damn fine displays.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By StingingVelvet

I tried using my 44" Toshiba HDTV for PC gaming but I really disliked the rough look of it from so close.  I much prefer the matted look of a monitor.

In any case I love Dell monitors, despite never buying their computers.  I have never had an issue with them and they look spectacular.  RIght now I am using an old 28" 1920x1200 monitor and it's great, though with so many games designed and maybe only displaying 16:9 now you probably want to go with a 1080p monitor.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    smekke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By smekke

Thanks guys!

The Dell Ultrasharp U2410 really does look great. I will most likely be getting that one soon.

Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

Your budget does stretch high enough to get a 27" LED backlit monitor, these are on Newegg from around $300, you might even find a 120hz screen towards the top end of your budget.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Coombs

Why not just buy a LCD TV? 

For $700 you could get a 42" TV and use that as your monitor

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rahf

You could check Tested.com for this. They probably have even more info and tips.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By SpecTackle

I bought a 27" LED Samsung for $400 a month ago. 1ms response time, looks great, very bright and very good color range. Only negative is that there is no fucking DVI port. It blew my mind.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.