Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

just got this system

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sodiumCyclops

hey guys,

just bought this as a starter system for me to upgrade http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=213385055

its a little low with specs, but a good starting point.

what do you think?

keep in mind the price is in NZD not USD.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By darkgoth678

I'm always a little shaky about Pentiums I just think Core 2 Duo's are so much better, no matter how overclocked... He states in there that you can get Core 2's to upgrade and I would strongly recommend. You could take advantage of the Water-cooling system to OC something worth OCing.

I would also upgrade that 7600GT if you want to play games at decent resolutions and frame rates. along with that Graphics upgrade you should also get a new PSU, perhaps something around the 500W department. 
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sodiumCyclops

thanks darkgoth, will be upgrading the mobo as it doesn't support the 45nm 8500 that im looking at. Will also be getting an ATI 4850 and probably a 650w PSU

j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By j0rdan

why buy a full system JUST to replace all the main componants?

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By darkgoth678
    j0rdan said:
    "why buy a full system JUST to replace all the main componants?"
    i kind of agree. hey he got water cooling w/ it.

sodiumCyclops said:
    "thanks darkgoth, will be upgrading the mobo as it doesn't support the 45nm 8500 that im looking at. Will also be getting an ATI 4850 and probably a 650w PSU"
    ok good, yeah the 4850 should do you good, as far as a 650W PSU, I would recommend the Corsair TX650. They make really good PSU's

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.