Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Mouse beeping, windows update, and Xbox one controller

css_switchfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Recently when waking my computer up from sleep, my computer would make a bios-type beeping sound coming out of my headphones. This beep would happen whenever I clicked a mouse button, or it would repeat continuously while moving the mouse around the screen. The mouse would also be unresponsive and I couldn't click on anything or use keyboard shortcuts, so basically a hard reset was required.

I thought my computer was dying on me, and was kind of excited to build a new one. But...

I found out that this is tied to a recent Windows update - KB3140743. Something about new xinput drivers.

The original update came out on March 1st I think, or thereabouts. There has since been another hotfix called KB3140768 that replaced the previous one and still causes the issue.

Here's some links to some forum posts where other people are figuring out ways around it

www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/42753-random-mouse-lagging-beeping.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mister_V

Yep I have been getting this whenever I turn my Xbox controller off after playing the division. It's super annoying.

clinteastman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep same here, until there are new drivers there doesn't seem to be a fix.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Does it still happen when you let your controller switch off on its own? I've not experienced the problem but never switch my Xbone pad off manually either.

georginacooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am having this same issue. Any help in this regard will be highly apreciated

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, looks like the Xbone controller powering off under the timer also triggers the bug - I had my first experience of it just now ... after playing The Division.

BigBrainAFK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The mouse beeping can be fixed by pulling the mouse out and plugging it back in. Had it once and that fixed it without restart.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbrainafk: I have tried that but it does not work on my PC

I have been restarting my PC when I finish playing a game to avoid this. Fortunately my Windiws install is on an SSD so it's not too bad.

Still bloody annoying.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbrainafk: Didn't work for me. The mouse went totally unresponsive after unplugging and plugging in again.

There's a fix here - Basically you're installing older controller drivers. It's worked for me so far.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know when they plan to release a fix for this? It's still happening when I turn my xbox controller off.

whoisyao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wow, I just built a new PC (and bought a xbox one controller to replace my 360 one) and thought I fucked up something. I'm actually relieved it's just a coincidence.

bson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v said:

Anyone know when they plan to release a fix for this? It's still happening when I turn my xbox controller off.

The fix is in an insider build of win10. I dont know when it's being released to the public, hopefully soon..

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/03/25/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14295-for-pc-and-mobile/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.