Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Nvidia Replaces Arkham Knight With TPP, Check Your Retailer!

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mirado

If you received a code for Arkham Knight after buying a Nvidia GPU, check with your retailer and you may be able to get The Phantom Pain for free as well. I just contacted Newegg after finding out that Nvidia made the switch, and without any trouble (I just mentioned they stopped selling AK for being so busted) they sent me a MGS5 code in like five minutes.

Many other people are having success, although I can only personally verify that Newegg is honoring the switch with no fuss.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My offer expires on the 31st not sure if they would let me swap it since i'm not going to use it anyway

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thanks for the heads-up. I've emailed my retailer (Scan.co.uk) to ask if they'll do an exchange.

Nothing ventured etc etc...

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you contacted Newegg what issue did you go with? Returns?

Avatar image for boardsofkennedy
    boardsofkennedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dave_tacitus At the risk of sounding completly bone idle, could you let us know how you get on with Scan, I bought from them to and care not for Batman:

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boardsofkennedy: Sure thing. :)

It was after 5 when I emailed so haven't had any notification yet.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By chu52

Huh. That is interesting. Im going to say Amazon will be a toss up, but I will give it a shot... bought it a couple months ago...... So I doubt it, but why not try? For the La-Li-Lu-Lay-Lo!

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Chiming in here to say that I was able to get a MGSV:TPP from Newegg even though I got my 980 TI last month.

All I did was e-mail wecare@newegg.com and ask for a MGS code, mentioning the busted state of the Batman, and they comped me one.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By matatat

I bought a 970 when they had the Witcher 3/Batman giveaway, but I already redeemed both. I guess maybe if I also mentioned Batman being busted they might go for it.

I bought from Amazon though.

Update: I just emailed Amazon and just mentioned Batman being broken so I'll post later when they email back. I sort of doubt they'll give it to me but hopefully they just don't give a shit since its more Nvidia.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OurSin_360

I couldn't find the wecare email adress? I emailed throught he customer service thing for returns, maybe i'll call and see.

I tried that email, and got the same auto message about 24-48hour response so i guess i'll just wait it out, original code expires on the 31st for me.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also considering Amazon is also not selling the PC version anymore if they don't go for the email I might put some pressure on using that.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I contacted Newegg support through live chat and got a key for TPP within a couple hours. Very easy.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I emailed Amazon about a week ago and expressed my disappointment with the Arkham Knight PC port, also mentioning how WB removed it from sale, and they said they couldn't give me a code for MGSV but could give me a 30% refund. With tax the refund came out to ~$110 so I was pretty happy with that.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually emailed Nvidia when I got the card a couple of weeks ago:

Please be informed that WB has stopped the sales of the game for a time being until they fix the performance issue. However you still can redeem the code and add that to your Steam account. You can then download and start the gameplay.

Regarding the performance issue : “We are working with WB Games and the development teams to address the performance issues of the PC version of Batman Arkham Knight. We have made our QA and engineering resources available and will provide updates when they are available.”

This was before Phantom Pain was announced as the next game, though.

If I don't get any joy from my retailer I'll hit Nvidia up again.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can confirm it's a Steam code, just bought a 980 TI. Hopefully this game isn't borked on launch!

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voxus: I'm pretty sure that TPP is Steam exclusive for PC gamers. They said TPP was "coming to Steam", not PC in general, when that was announced.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ordered a GTX980 from Newegg quite a while back, when the deal was only for The Witcher 3. They changed it like a couple days after I purchased it to include Arkham Knight, and so they threw in a code for that too. Just ended a conversation with customer support asking about the Phantom Pain being redeemable to those who got the Arkham promotion, and they went ahead and gave me one. So the leeway time (assuming you went through Newegg) is preeeeeeetty good.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OurSin_360

Just got my new code from newegg, and they also stated i didn't have to return the old code either. *edit* if anybody wants it let me know, only 3 days to redeem the batman code though and not sure if it still works with the game not being sold anymore.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I redeemed both Witcher 3 and Batman for my 980 and they both work rather well. The miser in me wants a free TPP but I should probably just pay for it, since you know, sales numbers and revenue.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: I think I used "Promotions" as my starting point, and had my order number on hand, but they provided so little resistance that you could probably get away with just about any department.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got my new code from newegg, and they also stated i didn't have to return the old code either. *edit* if anybody wants it let me know, only 3 days to redeem the batman code though and not sure if it still works with the game not being sold anymore.

Honestly I'd just sell that code on ebay or something. As soon as the game went off the market I saw a ton of Nvidia codes flood Ebay. idk if it's still in any sort of demand at this point, though.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I redeemed both The Witcher 3 and Batman code and Newegg still gave me Phantom Pain, sweet!

NAKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Totally just told them that Arkham Knight is broke as fuck in nicer words and got TPP for free.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nakent: Heh, I said the same when I emailed Nvidia directly, adding that it was one of their flagship Gameworks games and thus extra embarrassing/hilarious.

They've probably put me on some kind of blacklist now.

thesteve19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thesteve19

E-mailed Amazon and got 20% of the GTX 780 refunded- not too shabby.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

That's a lot of confidence into a product that no longer has a team behind it to fix any post release issues.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yothatlimp: Newegg's customer service is really top notch, and my main take away from all this. I'm sure they aren't suffering any undue hardship by handing out these codes, nor are they obligated to rectify something that's out of their control (hell, Nvidia may have even told them to just do it), but at the same time, this is such an easy way to keep your customers happy and I'm glad they've (in every case that I've seen) decided to give the people what they want.

I'm glad the majority of retailers have decided side with customer happiness this time.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No joy from Scan.

Unfortunately we would not be offering this game as an alternative. NVIDIA have not released anything official for any retails to do so. My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

@dave_tacitus: Shame, that's the same retailer I was using. I can't feel too bad though, because AK has run alright for me and I'm 27 hours deep so claiming another would have been just a cheeky bonus.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@y2ken: Yeah, I feel the same way to be honest. I'd already bought Arkham Knight before getting the card so a freebie game wasn't in my thought process at the time.

It was worth a try, especially when I know I'll be getting Phantom Pain eventually.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesteve19: I'm gonna give Amazon another try. Some guy emails me back and is hey you need to go to the GeForce website and redeem the code. Already did that guy. Didn't say that was the issue.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By OurSin_360

I think the moral here is, always buy from newegg. I have never had a problem with them in any way (knock on wood) and they always put the customer first.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I just bought a new 970 like a day after their free batman deal expired and i didn't get anything

vash75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to thank you guys for giving me a heads up on this. I bought from newegg and I didn't even activate my batman key as I have zero interest in it. Talked with support through chat and they gave me a key within 5 minutes. I couldn't be more satisfied with the 970 I bought and getting two of the games I am most interested in this year for free. Newegg customer service is really top notch.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Thanks for the heads up! Got a key for TPP this morning from newegg. Getting three of my most highly anticipated games of this year for free with my 980 is awesome.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twilight Princess Princess?

Avatar image for shadowknight508
    ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Thanks for the heads up.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch out for Amazon. They give codes with some cards, but not all, regardless of chipset.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I finally got some closure on my attempt with Amazon. It took quite a while. As I said previously the email didn't really do anything because the guy didn't really seem to understand what I was saying. So I initiated a chat with someone and it was taken to the promotions team and I was told I'd hear back in like a day or two. Fast forward a week and a half and still didn't hear anything. Yesterday I did another chat to follow up and finally heard back today with a $60 refund to put towards phantom pain essentially. I'm pretty okay with the outcome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.