Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Replacement power cord.

Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bedouin

So every time I move something gets lost and this time was no exception. Usually it's something small I don't care much about, this time it was the power cord to my PC. So my question to you fine ladies and gentlemen is will just any old cord that will fit into my power supply be fine or do I need to find one special made for it. I have an EVGA 750 G2 power supply and have looked around on their website a little but could not find replacement parts. Please tell me I don't need to buy a new power supply to fix this.

GearSol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GearSol

Any that has the same type connector (C13/C14 according to this) should do.

Had to find that page a while back because I needed to know exactly what type the mickey shaped one was.

yabbering_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a pretty universal cable.

One from an old crt, ps3,ect.. Actually, one from any monitor.

Chances are you have 10 already!

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Toxeia
    Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bedouin

@yabbering_yeti: I think I do have a few of them, just was afraid to use it.

@gearsol: That's a really handy chart thanks!

I am now up and running. Many thanks everyone!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Yeah, this kind of cord is pretty much standard. I don't think there's much variability between different cords, but as always you probably want to not use anything super-cheap just to be on the safe side.

Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@rorie: Yeah, that's kind of what I was afraid of in the first place. I put way too much money (for me anyway) in that thing to let it fry on something uncertain. Have a doofus dog picture for your efforts.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

There is difference between cords for sure. Power supply cord was most likely a 16/3 awg which means 3 conductors of 16 awg wire. That's a safe bet. If you want to be even safer you can spend more for a 14/3 awg.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.