Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Well I Ordered My New PC

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Krockett

I know I should had built it myself but with little experience, little kids running around the house, and practically no time to do it. I placed a order for my new PC.

I still want to upgrade memory to 16GB real soon and I'm going to pick up a SSD in the next day or so but this is what I got.

No Caption Provided

1 x Case Rosewill Thor V2 Gaming Case - Black

1 x Processor Intel® Core™ i7-4770K Processor (4x 3.50GHz/8MB L3 Cache) - Intel® Core™ i7-4770K

1 x Motherboard ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer - 3 x PCIe 3.0 x16, 4 x USB 3.0, HDMI-in, Killer gaming Gigabit LAN

1 x Memory 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair

1 x Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 - 2GB -EVGA Superclocked - Single Card

1 x Primary Hard Drive 2 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

700w power supply and Water cooling

This was a gift from my wife....She is awesome.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Not bad, though the old fashioned enthusiast in me still gets uncomfortable when people buy ASRock components. What make of PSU is it?

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

ASROCK are acutally WAY better than they used to be. They used to be cheap, god awful components but their actually very decent these days as the companies got bigger/more popular, the quality has improved dramatically, but I know what you mean Korwin. 8bit - good build... nice and solid should last you awhile

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Not a big fan of Rosewill cases (Newegg's generic brand.) When you say water cooling, do you mean a dedicated loop with the GPU cooled as well or just a All-In-One cooler? A lot of companies slap a cheap AIO water cooler on the CPU and charge a large premium saying it is "water-cooled." Those coolers can be purchased starting at $50. A dedicated loop (proper water-cooling) starts at around $400 with GPU and CPU cooled. Huge difference there. Everything else looks fine. IMO the 770 wouldn't be worth water-cooling, they run cool on air. 780's are awesome water cooled though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.