Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

What do you think about the Dx11 announcement?

• 53 results
    biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By biggest_loser

Personally I think it is an outrage that people have spent money on hardware like Dx10 cards and now this is announced.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/07/directx-11-supp.html

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Termite

Yeah, it is quite the travesty. But I didn't really get vista for the DX10 or anything so I really could care less, the more people who can play games the better eh?

nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By nevereathim

As long as there is still backwards compatibility for DX10 card, I don't really see how this is a big deal

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By biggest_loser
    nevereathim said:
    "As long as there is still backwards compatibility for DX10 card, I don't really see how this is a big deal
    "
    MS are a business and want to make a profit. So too do Nvidia and ATI - I would be very surprised if the cards now were Dx11 compatible
    xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By xplodedd

I don't really see the big deal in it, its a bit strange considering dx9 lived like forever.

svcheats1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By svcheats1

I think the reason they did this is because they couldn't get everything they wanted into DX10 before Vista came out. And that was their only selling point to gamers. So now they've finally finished it all.

sculsoldi3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By sculsoldi3r

Typical companies trying to make us spend more money. Hopefully its not avaible until the nex Microsoft OS.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xplodedd
    sculsoldi3r said:
    "Typical companies trying to make us spend more money. Hopefully its not avaible until the nex Microsoft OS."
    read the story,
    A. its available in vista
    B. all your direct10 stuff is compatible
    C. its gonna be down loadable for free, how make money off that?
    EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EntwineX

I find it a bit quick considering that they haven't really even started to fully utilize the DX10 yet, let alone 10.1.  But if it works on DX10 hardware it doesn't matter.

aegis_and_pred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By aegis_and_pred

It's amazing the amount of so-called "hardcore" PC gamers that haven't made the switch to vista because they don't want to spend the cash.  If you were truly hardcore this type of thing wouldn't even be an issue, yet most people define themselves by their ability to not give microsoft or graphics card companies any more of their "hard earned money".  Look ... idiots ... being HARDCORE means spending WAY too much money on a rig that rocks face for the moment and milking it into oblivion just so you can do it all over again in 3 - 4 years.  It's ALWAYS been this way and it ALWAYS will be until the age of the heterogeneous computer ... which ... by the way ... is what DirectX 11 is trying to move us towards!

So please ... keep bitching about having to shell out cash to play your favorite games at the highest settings. Whaa whaa whaa ... evil corporations ... whaa whaa whaa ... too much money ... whaa whaa whaa.  I'll be the guy in the back enjoying Crysis at 1920x1200 with everything on very high the way a real "hardcore" pc gamer should.

And just PLEASE ... wake up!  XP is inferior to Vista in SO MANY ways if you would just realize how to properly build a system for it!  I'm taking PSTs now ... friend requests ... whatever.  If you need help building a system, let me know and I'll gladly throw some stuff together to let you know what's up.  But enough dogging on Vista unless you have a legit reason to do so.  And legit doesn't mean "oh i downloaded a hacked copy and it sucked!" ... lol

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Hamz

I'm sooooo glad i haven't ordered any of the parts for my new PC i planned on getting. I'll wait and see if ATI o Nvidia respond with a message stating their current cards will be able to handle DX11

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13  Edited By OGCartman

Woohooo, gonna kick ass

gladestone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gladestone
    Predasus said:
    "It's amazing the amount of so-called "hardcore" PC gamers that haven't made the switch to vista because they don't want to spend the cash.  If you were truly hardcore this type of thing wouldn't even be an issue, yet most people define themselves by their ability to not give microsoft or graphics card companies any more of their "hard earned money".  Look ... idiots ... being HARDCORE means spending WAY too much money on a rig that rocks face for the moment and milking it into oblivion just so you can do it all over again in 3 - 4 years.  It's ALWAYS been this way and it ALWAYS will be until the age of the heterogeneous computer ... which ... by the way ... is what DirectX 11 is trying to move us towards!

So please ... keep bitching about having to shell out cash to play your favorite games at the highest settings. Whaa whaa whaa ... evil corporations ... whaa whaa whaa ... too much money ... whaa whaa whaa.  I'll be the guy in the back enjoying Crysis at 1920x1200 with everything on very high the way a real "hardcore" pc gamer should.

And just PLEASE ... wake up!  XP is inferior to Vista in SO MANY ways if you would just realize how to properly build a system for it!  I'm taking PSTs now ... friend requests ... whatever.  If you need help building a system, let me know and I'll gladly throw some stuff together to let you know what's up.  But enough dogging on Vista unless you have a legit reason to do so.  And legit doesn't mean "oh i downloaded a hacked copy and it sucked!" ... lol"
    Predasus im with you buddy all the way..Thats why Crysis sales hurt..People want the latest an greatest in graphics..Yet they are afraid to pay for it arent they...How ever that said..What they dont realise is this..You can buy a 200 dollar card an upgrade..With dx10 graphics its affordable..The card will last 5 years...My dx10 card the 8800 gtx has lasted 3 years already...It still has life in her..People just will complain about any thing..If they just realised that a dx10 card, is cheaper than a console in itself..They will realise they can upgrade for the price of a console..

Thats right people you can have a upgraded pc..For less than what your paying for that ps3 an xbox...Just need to know what your doing is all...
    Carlos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Carlos

I think its great, im ready for it with my core 2 quad and 8800 gtx :D

Nobility

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nobility

A little disappointing for DX10/10.1 owners, it was bound to happen.  The good thing this time is that they aren't restricting it to a specific operating system at the start.  Sounds pretty exciting but considering few developers are using DX10, it won't be popular until consoles start using it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c
    deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im glad i held back on building a pc this summer. im not switching to pc gaming anymore.

Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shade

I don't buy it, direct x 10 was a total gimmick. I really didn't see much of a difference in the so called dx10 supported games, so I switched back to windows xp. I'm perfectly happy with DX9 for the time being, does really well with the games I play. I also think it's too soon for another direct x.

aegis_and_pred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By aegis_and_pred
    EntwineX said:
    "gladestone said:
    "Predasus said:
    "It's amazing the amount of so-called "hardcore" PC gamers that haven't made the switch to vista because they don't want to spend the cash.  If you were truly hardcore this type of thing wouldn't even be an issue, yet most people define themselves by their ability to not give microsoft or graphics card companies any more of their "hard earned money".  Look ... idiots ... being HARDCORE means spending WAY too much money on a rig that rocks face for the moment and milking it into oblivion just so you can do it all over again in 3 - 4 years.  It's ALWAYS been this way and it ALWAYS will be until the age of the heterogeneous computer ... which ... by the way ... is what DirectX 11 is trying to move us towards!

And just PLEASE ... wake up!  XP is inferior to Vista in SO MANY ways if you would just realize how to properly build a system for it!  I'm taking PSTs now ... friend requests ... whatever.  If you need help building a system, let me know and I'll gladly throw some stuff together to let you know what's up.  But enough dogging on Vista unless you have a legit reason to do so.  And legit doesn't mean "oh i downloaded a hacked copy and it sucked!" ... lol"
    Predasus im with you buddy all the way..Thats why Crysis sales hurt..People want the latest an greatest in graphics..Yet they are afraid to pay for it arent they...How ever that said..What they dont realise is this..You can buy a 200 dollar card an upgrade..With dx10 graphics its affordable..The card will last 5 years...My dx10 card the 8800 gtx has lasted 3 years already...It still has life in her..People just will complain about any thing..If they just realised that a dx10 card, is cheaper than a console in itself..They will realise they can upgrade for the price of a console..

Thats right people you can have a upgraded pc..For less than what your paying for that ps3 an xbox...Just need to know what your doing is all...
    "
    If being "hardcore" means having all the latest crap whether you feel the need for it or not then maybe not all of us want to be hardcore, maybe not everyone loves Crysis just because it's shiny, maybe some people see that most devs aren't even utilizing DX10 when DX10.1 and DX11 are already out, maybe some people don't feel the difference between DX9 and DX10 is enough reason to switch to Vista, maybe some people have realized the irony in Microsoft pushing out new versions of DX for PC while forcing developers to stick with DX9 thanks to 360's outdated hardware, and maybe not all of us are graphics whores.
    "

I smell a console owner ...

I said legit reasons.  And sir ... I am not a graphics whore ... I just enjoy having things run properly.  I have a standard of operation for my computer that is set above the average user.  But this is all besides the point.  Looking at the development of recent games ... 9 / 10 games on my computer right now can be run in both Dx9 and Dx10 mode ... one is a console release ... that came out on ... GASP! ... the 360?!?!?!?! (devil may cry 4 anyone?)  I do agree however that console games are gimping us PC users in a serious way, but most all recent Games for Windows releases can be played in Dx10 mode which is why they created the Games for Windows marketing spin in the first place.

I'm wondering how you can say Dx11 is coming too soon when maybe Dx11 is going to bring more of what developers want to the table?  het-ero-gene-ous ... big word I know ... even I had to look up the spelling ... but it means AWESOME things for PC gaming if they do it right and Dx11 is a step in that direction!  Don't get mad at microsoft for finally seeing the f'in LIGHT and creating a product that game developers actually WANT!  I've seen more interviews with devs talking about the future of PC games and a lot of them talk about a heterogeneous computer ... it is the future.  Go read some websites or something ... or whatever ... keep playing Cake Builder Pro Elite 4 or whatever the hell it is you enjoy doing ...

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=187&Itemid=38 - read
    InnerBlueAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By InnerBlueAbyss

Subpar software for a subpar operating system

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By VACkillers

Interesting, i think its neither a good or bad thing really as DX10 cards will still be able to run DX11, i see no problem there at all..... and anything to make games look good and more compatible with gamers hardware is a plus... I still only currently own a AGP BFG 7800 GS graphics card, so im falling behind fairly rapidly these days... and gets anoying that soon as something new comes out, something even newer comes out within a few weeks or months...   think the whole DX10.1 is a flop, and jus should be dumped i dont even know if its even released yet.... and totally pointless if DX11 is comming out anyway.... 
    Most gamers should at least have a DX10 card by now, im just slow on the mark and have bills that need to be paid..... but DX11 shouldn't be too much of an issue with most gamers these days

Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jonathan

Most people don't even have DX10 cards yet. I recently got one a couple of months ago.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Babble

It seems way to early, most games don't even use DX 10 yet let alone the fact that most people don't have the Video Cards or OS for it.

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vlademir

Already? Developers still haven't figured out even half of Dx10's features yet.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By epic_pets

too soon

Kushiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kushiel

I do find it odd that it is coming out so so soon after DX10, since DX9 seemed to be around forever in comparison, but whatever works, works.  If all my hardware works with DX11 then I don't care when it is released to be honest.  If it doesn't, I'll just have to upgrade my computer again (though I just upgraded last year to the 8800 GTX 768 mb and a Core 2 Duo E6850).  Its really not the end of the world, and this is coming from somebody who has spent a ton of money that he really doesn't have on a system that might become "outdated" sooner than he had anticipated!

TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TanKLoveR

I had no idea such thing had been announced, i'm yet to use vista or DX10 for the first time :?. I think its a little soon, like me other ppl probably dont like Vista and prefer to use XP even if it means using DX9. Greedy greedy companies T_T.

albaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By albaker

TOO EARLY!

I mean DX10.1 has just been released and is it one game that uses it? Why not just keep improving DX10 like they did on DX9? Or why not make DX10 a little more reliable and not too dependent on high end hardware.

As long as it runs SMOOTHLY on our DX10 cards I'm fine with it.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

New technology is always a good thing, but I think it's wayyyy too early. DX10 hasnt even had it's chance in the spotlight.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By xruntime

I think they need to wait till they have a bit more substance to justify the update.

Avatar image for theineffablebob
    TheIneffableBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By TheIneffableBob

DX11 is compatible with DX10, so I don't really see much of a problem. Just an advancement in technology.

Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By Nomin

DirectX 10 / 10.1, I hardly knew ye.

NOW CAN MS PLEASE RELEASE DIRECTX X FOR WINDOWS XP USERS?

aegis_and_pred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By aegis_and_pred

aye ... xp sucks ... there ... i said it ... crucify me

nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By nat

Don't care, prolly won't notice the dif :/

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By Gunner

Sounds like good news for the people who already bought a dx10 card and vista :D

sizu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sizu

I have no idea why MS think the PC market needs another DX.  I have to admit that I've not really read much detail concerning what DX11 brings to the table, but I am guessing that it optimises and refines DX10 more than anything else.  I'm all for progress, but its things like this which create the fragmented pc market and helps to discourage people away from it.

Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By Colin

Far to early but meh the more the better I guess...

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38  Edited By Gunner
    sizu said:
    "I have no idea why MS think the PC market needs another DX.  I have to admit that I've not really read much detail concerning what DX11 brings to the table, but I am guessing that it optimises and refines DX10 more than anything else.  I'm all for progress, but its things like this which create the fragmented pc market and helps to discourage people away from it."
    it does seem a bit odd.. But they arnt making any money off of it so im sure there is reason for it.
    ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ShadowSkill11

In another 12-24 months when I do a major hardware upgrade of my computer I might care because I'll be in the video card market anyways. I have an 8800GT now so I'll be alright for a while.

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By StressedOutCat

my opinion on this matter was a negative one to start with... but the more I read about it the more it makes sense

1. yes I do agree with some folks.. dx11 announced a bit to early.. but its not like its coming out tomorrow or next month.. or even this year.. " its gonna be a long while I bet! "
    2. as they are saying it will be compatible with dx10 and dx10.1 hardware..so everyone who did buy a dx10 card or higher recently will benefit from this
    3. as far as I understood the changes to the graphical performance is more optimization rather than complete overhaul..
      quick example: lets say your using SLI or Crossfire X the performance you get from your second or 3rd graphics card and what they could do with it now for games is minimal..cause so far the system only allows to render 3 frames ahead... so when you have lets say 3 videocards as a hardcore pc gamer.. your second card may only give you 35% improvement.. and your third card less than 10% overall
    4. maybe we finaly see unified physics code implemented in it so pc users dont have to install third party ageia or havoc " would make it way more easyer to devolp games with better physics built in for the pc "
    I think the main problem people have is they think they gonna have to go out and buy new hardware.. the dx11 that will be out will make the hardware you have now run more optimized... " so that would be a good thing! "
    people would have less of a problem with it if they just called it DX10.1.5 or DX10.2... they reason they probably didnt call it that is because its a bigger overhaul than usual so they just called it DX11 instead.
    nakke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nakke

"Unlike DirectX 10 it will not require new graphics card hardware specifically supporting the new API version, and will support both DirectX 10 and DirectX 10.1 hardware."

OH NO THEY ARE MAKING DIRECTX WORK BETTER ON CURRENT HARDWARE AND THEY'RE INTRODUCING GPGPU SUPPORT!!!! OH NO! EVIL MICRO$OFT

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By unclejohnny79

geez im still using DX9 and games look good

SmokeyDaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SmokeyDaBear

The whole thing seems a bit odd to me, DX 10 just came out and games haven't even converted to full DX 10 support and all that fancy stuff.

Alberto777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Alberto777

I think it's too early considering game makers are finally starting to utilize DX10's abilities in games. If anyone is considering buying a video and are on a budget I might suggest to hold off, and yes hold off on the first generation of DX11 cards as well. I always find it to be a good rule to never buy fresh out of the market hardware, but that's just me. Of course if the DX11 isn't slated to be released within the next few years then yes, I would upgrade to a nice spiffy video card then.

Kermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kermit

They said that it won't be released before end 2009 / first half of 2010 so anyone shouldn't be worried, the DX10 hardware will stay long enough until the next generation comes.

aegis_and_pred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By aegis_and_pred
    EntwineX said:
    "Predasus said:
    "EntwineX said:
    "gladestone said:
    "Predasus said:

"
    If being "hardcore" means having all the latest crap whether you feel the need for it or not then maybe not all of us want to be hardcore, maybe not everyone loves Crysis just because it's shiny, maybe some people see that most devs aren't even utilizing DX10 when DX10.1 and DX11 are already out, maybe some people don't feel the difference between DX9 and DX10 is enough reason to switch to Vista, maybe some people have realized the irony in Microsoft pushing out new versions of DX for PC while forcing developers to stick with DX9 thanks to 360's outdated hardware, and maybe not all of us are graphics whores.
    "

I smell a console owner ...

I said legit reasons.  And sir ... I am not a graphics whore ... I just enjoy having things run properly.  I have a standard of operation for my computer that is set above the average user.  But this is all besides the point.  Looking at the development of recent games ... 9 / 10 games on my computer right now can be run in both Dx9 and Dx10 mode ... one is a console release ... that came out on ... GASP! ... the 360?!?!?!?! (devil may cry 4 anyone?)  I do agree however that console games are gimping us PC users in a serious way, but most all recent Games for Windows releases can be played in Dx10 mode which is why they created the Games for Windows marketing spin in the first place.

I'm wondering how you can say Dx11 is coming too soon when maybe Dx11 is going to bring more of what developers want to the table?  het-ero-gene-ous ... big word I know ... even I had to look up the spelling ... but it means AWESOME things for PC gaming if they do it right and Dx11 is a step in that direction!  Don't get mad at microsoft for finally seeing the f'in LIGHT and creating a product that game developers actually WANT!  I've seen more interviews with devs talking about the future of PC games and a lot of them talk about a heterogeneous computer ... it is the future.  Go read some websites or something ... or whatever ... keep playing Cake Builder Pro Elite 4 or whatever the hell it is you enjoy doing ...

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=187&Itemid=38 - read"
    I've been a PC only gamer for over 10 years, I really have no interest in consoles. And by the sound of it I've spend less money on it in 10 years than you have in 10 months.

Lot of games "support" DX10, but in most cases it has just been slapped on afterwards adding few effects here and there, games developed in DX10 from ground up are still in development, if even there. If DMC4 is unplayable to you in DX9, well, that's too bad, I guess you do then need to burn that money. But if I feel it's good enough in DX9 I'm not sure why you need to get your knickers twisted about it.

DX11 coming out tomorrow or yesterday doesn't make a difference to me, and since apparently it's Vista compatible and works with DX10 hardware I have no real issues with it. Tho I do feel MS screwed people a bit with DX10 and Vista, 8800 series was great but not thanks to the aforementioned duo. Anyway, that's not what I was responding to.

I was aiming at your post where you tell how the only way to be a PC gamer is spending as much as possible. But in reality, much thanks to consoles and the structure of PC market, new technologies might not truly break through till the next gen. Many of great things and ideas have been created hardware vise in the past, but have somewhat flopped, pushed back, or gone completely unnoticed thanks to software companies wanting biggest possible market, and that means making software to the lowest common denominator. That's why getting all the latest and the best might not be necessary, or even smart, and that was the only point I was making in regard to you post.
    "
    alright ... 10 years is respectable ... and i realize my last post lacked a lot of respect, so I'll keep it pretty light and simple this time around ... as to not look like a complete jack ass ... although you must admit ... my sarcasim was spot on in that last post.

ANYWAYS ... I OWN 2 8800GTS 640s in SLi, run Vista, and get fantastic performance in DirectX 10 games.  I don't feel let down by anyone because the market changes, it's what businesses do.  DirectX 11 isn't being announced too soon because it will be backwards compatible with ALL Dx10 hardware.  I think that's a statement that has been missing from this thread.  Backwards compatible ... which means my dusty (no really ... I need to clean my shit) 8800, Dx10 cards will own MORE face thanks to microsoft optimizing their code for everyone that spent the money on their products to begin with.  What's going on in this thread is people aren't actually READING the article that's posted, they're just reading what everyone else is saying and following suit.  And that's NOT okay ... part of being a PC gamer is knowing what's really going on and anticipating changes so you can save up for the "big yearly upgrade" ... or however often it comes (usually bi-anually for me).

But all I see in this thread are a bunch of scared XP sheep, blindly following the XP flock off the side of the mountain ... and in turn, creating fake reasons to hate microsoft ... good game.
    aegis_and_pred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By aegis_and_pred

DirectX 11

Kevin stressed that today's announcement was a "technology" announcement. Furthermore, "DirectX 11 will work on Windows Vista, as well as the next version of Windows, which will support DirectX 10, 10.1, and of course new DirectX 11 hardware."

Even though there will be backwards-compatibility with DX10 hardware, the compatibility isn't 100%. According to Kevin, "you can expect that there will be DX11 features that need DX11 hardware," though Microsoft isn't ready to announce what they are at this time.

"Some of the improvements," continued Kevin, "for example, the ability to take much better advantage of multi-core capable PC's [is] something that we're going to extend all the way down to DX10 hardware. There are improvements across the board for gamers that have DX10 and DX10 hardware as well as some new things that we'll do that will require DX11 hardware."

"If you look at DX11, which is a direct superset of what DX10 and 10.1 offer, you're starting to see all of the investment developers have made in DX10 and 10.1 and consumers have made in that hardware, that experience is only going to get better with DX11."

It's too early to hear about any specific games or developers that are getting DirectX 11-ready, but it looks like a good future for Games for Windows LIVE and DirectX 11.

... DAMNIT ... fuck microsoft sometimes ... seriously ... :|

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By fenixrevolution

I'm still using DX 9, and its working just fine. So until that is completely phased off the list of compatibility of future games, I see no point to upgrade.

albaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By albaker

As long as DX10 cards support it and run it just fine, I don't see why we should be all against it.
    Plus at least we won't need to upgrade our OS's like Microsoft did with DX10

y0y0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By y0y0

This thread is ridiculous, Direct X has always been released on a some what frequent basis, everyone just got too used to DX 9 which should be seen as the exception rather than the rule of how long they should last.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.