Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantasy Star Online 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 04, 2012

Phantasy Star Online 2 is a Japanese free-to-play online action-RPG which was released for PC in July 2012, and Vita in Feb 2013. The game was finally announced for a US release during E3 2019, for Xbox One and PC in 2020.

Questions?

• 82 results
    aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By aurahack

@SuperWristBands said:

@Morbid_Coffee: I believe you get items for getting those titles.

Correct. Mind you, the majority of those items are grinding tokens. But still--items nonetheless.

Avatar image for kyokushin_nanaya
    kyokushin_nanaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By kyokushin_nanaya

@Morbid_Coffee: Ravenlight is definitely right on that. The Vol Dragon needs at least another person to help. At best, see if you can get a ranger with a solid weak shot. Anyone can tell you that weak shot does goddamn wonders. The Vol dragon can one hit kill, so it's much easier to deal with as a ranger than a hunter. All my friends who play hunter definitely regard the Vol Dragon as the hardest boss so far and they're levels above my lv 22 ranger.

If you think that's bad, one of the quests for the NPC requires you to S-rank the free-roam caves only with that NPC. Yup.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Since I am playing exclusively as a Ranger, can I ignore Ohza and Maloo's quests? They offer quests for the Hunter and Force classes respectively. I'm hoping they aren't prerequisites for other more important quests.

Also when you're at the quest counter and you're creating a game/starting a quest, the drop down menu above the password area is play style I believe. What options are provided there?

Edit: Another question, what is PSE Burst. I encountered one before and I had no idea what it did.

Blind_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By Blind_Evil

Have a few basic questions:

1. The little holographic things you find during quests, sometimes they're blue and sometimes they're red. What are those? Checkpoints?

2. A larger floating obelisk I find sometimes, that trigger a cutscene with a seemingly random NPC. What're they? Just to progress the quest?

3. I am level 5 and trying to do the quest to get Mags. The bumped blog says I need to get 10 yellow diamond thingies for the lady, specifically from wolves. Is there any way to differentiate those from other yellow cubes? Are all the yellow cubes just quest items? Finally, I started a quest to gather some, and I think I got 5, but I couldn't figure out how to finish the quest and left via teleport tube. When I talked to the lady she seemed to indicate I was still at 0/10. What gives?

Thanks in advance for any knowledge /bow

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ApeGantz

@Blind_Evil:

1. I don't know what they are but I guess their just tips. Skip them

2. Those sometimes go with quests. For now trigger them then skip them.

3. I'm not sure you can just give her some of the cubes. Its probably either all or nothing. Yellow Cubes are quest items so if you're getting them , good. I think their the wolves tusks actually. You can see how many you have in your inventory.

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Cubical

you mean items?

RED in PSO means it is a RARE or sometimes a quest item,. it has always been this way but they are not small boxes now.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/parasiticgeneflow1-new.jpg

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/PSO2-Rare-Item.jpg

yellow is not rare.

Blue is a gun.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Drop-icon-PSO2-units-and-items.jpg

sometimes now they are in the shape of what it is .

The yellow diamonds are mesta that is phnatsy stars money you have been finding money not quest items.

http://media.animegalleries.net/albums/userpics/24792/1%20meseta.JPG?=123

No Caption Provided

I have no idea what you would be talking about by what you have said.

Waht ever it is you find will have to be sent to the tekker.

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Cubical

@Morbid_Coffee said:

Anybody have any tips for beating Vol Dragon to unlock the desert? Fastest I've beaten him is in 14 minutes, but going over the 20 minute time limit and with an A rank. I've been banging my head against him for like an hour with zero progress. NPC partners help in getting the S rank, but once I get to the Vol Dragon, they all stand directly on top of him like idiots and die immediately.

I had no trouble killing this dragon boss with some ranger dude who was a lower level than me with a s rank we didnt even have any NPCS with us. we did not die once....

Hell I ddint even know the boss unlocked desart I just killed it for fun and got it the first time and I was eating a pizza at the time.

I think the fucking twin worms in the cave is worse than dragon cave boss.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58  Edited By aurahack

@CaptainTightPants: You can ignore those quests. They only unlock more Force/Hunter quests. If you complete the first one of their quests, however, you'll unlock them as AI partners. Up to you if you want them as an option or not.

As for PSE burst, it is an "event" that will trigger in when players fill up the PSE Meter of that area. You know that pillar of light that comes out of enemies when you kill them sometimes? That's PSE charging up. You'll see a notice in the top right corner sometimes saying something along the lines of "PSE [2]'. That is the level it has reached. Unless I am mistaken, it activates at level 5. Once activated, players gain a damage boost and enemies drop far more loot. I've only had it happen once to me, though. It seems almost random as to when it wants to activate.

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Cubical

How do I make an A.I version of myself and how do I use the A.i versions of people do they have to be in my friends list? I dont see the A.i of people in my friends list anyway either..

I only got 1 and she is just a fucking boring story line NPC not anybody I know;.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By ReyGitano

The only question that matters; can I change my MAG into a Dreamcast?

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@Cubical: Yes they have to be on your friends list. Follow this guide http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-friend-partners/ to set up your character for use as an NPC, your friends have to do it too.

@aurahack: Ah.... That explains it thanks. Those pillars of light always freaked me out.

crunchbitejr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By crunchbitejr

@Blind_Evil: I got confused by this too. The boxes aren't yellow, but rather shiny gold and ONLY fall from the wolf with the large red horns. You'll know them when you see them, they look VERY different from meseta.

The bumped article is pretty vague about that.

Blind_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By Blind_Evil

@CrunchbiteJr: Yeah I figured it out this morning. I'm up to 6 now, but the quests I'm picking to farm them on never seem to spawn enough of those bigger wolves.

Did get to kill a rockbear in the process, so that was cool.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MrOldboy

Can anyone tell if this gun is good? Its by far the best drop I've gotten in terms of the number of stars and damage. I did grind it once. A message popped up when I equipped it, I assumed it was a bind on equip deal. I think it was red when I picked it up, assumed its a "rare" drop.

No Caption Provided

Also I've started to feed my mag both guns and disks. Are the requirements for the difference evolution, forms, or visual look known well as of now? I would assume so. Mine's only lvl 4 now though.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

@MrOldboy: The gun will probably last you up until the Catadran Dragon in the regular missions. By then you'll most likely find normal drops with higher damage or have enough to start searching the auction house for better. Rare weapons like that are also much harder to upgrade through grinding, where you'll start getting a lower chance of success around +3 where non-rare weapons are pretty easy to grind up to +5.

As for mags, these are the two guides you want:

Level 30 mag guide

Level 100 mag guide

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ApeGantz

@MrOldboy: I received the same gun. Im not sure if you have the same ability as me but I choose the +5% drop. Higher chance to drop items from monsters.

I grinded my rare up until the thing went red. Its still seems weak to me tho so I'm saving Meseta to buy a better weapon that's on the market.

NuclearPanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By NuclearPanic

What does error 674 mean?

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

@NuclearPanic: Just tried looking for an answer online, and the only solution I could find was "keep restarting and trying to log in until it works." No actual information on what it is or what causes it.

When are you getting the error?

NuclearPanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By NuclearPanic

@Morbid_Coffee: I pick a ship. Put in all my log in stuff hit ok (or whatever that button says) and then I get the error.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

@NuclearPanic: What ship are you trying to join? And do you have a character made on that ship yet? Ships 1-5 and 10 still aren't allowing new characters to be made until next Wednesday.

NuclearPanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By NuclearPanic

@Morbid_Coffee: Ship 7 and yes I have character there. I also asked my friend and he is saying he is getting the same error.

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ApeGantz

Do you guys think I should keep my photon drops? I don't plan on buying any Arc's cash anytime soon until I'm sure that I can use a fake address and not have my character banned or something.

I really just need meseta so I wanted to sell them.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Anybody know what triggers the hard mode client orders for the three class tutorial NPCs? I really want to get those 5 free force skill tree points, but Malo doesn't have the quest for me yet.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By DeathTrap

I was working on the mission to get my Mag and, last time I played, got up to 7/10. However, today I looked and it was reset to 0/10. Any idea why?

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By SuperWristBands

@DeathTrap: Did you move the items into your storage?

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DeathTrap

@SuperWristBands said:

@DeathTrap: Did you move the items into your storage?

Nope. I didn't know I even had a storage.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By zidane_24

It seems that Jean (grizzled, old, gray-haired fella) has given me a client order that has something to do with AC. Everywhere I look just tells me to open up the AC shop, but that hasn't done anything for me. Am I missing something, or is this bugged for me?

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

@Zidane_24: It's been a while since I've done that order, but did you try clicking on the tabs on top of the AC shop window? Clicking the second one should complete it.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By zidane_24

@Morbid_Coffee: I guess I'm not sure what you mean by tabs. There's a series of 5 gray hexagons on the main AC shop screen, but all but the first one are grayed out.

VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By VanTesla

Question: Is the main story and ending good? Does it rap up anything and leave it open for more? Is there a fondle emote? Can I throw magic cards?

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

@Zidane_24: You're only in the main menu of the AC shop then. The quest wants to to look at the items being sold for AC.

From here, click on either the first or second tab where the cursor is. First one is
    From here, click on either the first or second tab where the cursor is. First one is "buy to inventory," second is "buy to storage." You don't actually have to buy anything, just view the items.
    If you see this page, the quest should complete.
    If you see this page, the quest should complete.
    zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By zidane_24

@Morbid_Coffee: Ok, thanks. I was hitting the second option in the main menu and I needed to be hitting the first.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.