Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 2

Platform »

Sony's PlayStation 2 is the second home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated, and to date is the best-selling home console of all time, with an install base of 150 million units since its launch.

Do you play your PS2 games on PS2 or PS3 with BC?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Do you guys play your PS2 games on a actual PS2 with a SDTV, or do you play them on a PS3 with backwards Compatibility on a HDTV without or with Upscaling and all that. Im asking because im trying to figure out what would look better visually. I have a 19" CRT SDTV with a PS2 and I have a BC Launch PS3 with a 27" LCD 720p HDTV.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I play my PS2 games on my PS2 slim with a SDTV, but I play my PS3 on a HDTV.
    _Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By _Phara0h_

I play all my shit(360/ps3) on my 41 inch plasma.....

jaffaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By jaffaz

Currently playing all my PS2/PS1 games on my HDTV on my PS3. PS2 games aren't so bad - they get centered in the middle of my big ass TV which is annoying though. Playing Beyond Good and Evil at the moment which looks quite lovely with upscaling. The PS1 games however get totally destroyed. It hasn't stopped FF7 from staying in the top ten PSN games since its release, but FF9 looks so, so bad its upsetting :(

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ravensword
    @jaffaz:

Do you use Normal or Full Upscaling?
    Mr_Boldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Mr_Boldman

I play my PS2 games on a PS2 Slimline (my original PS2 died) and on a standard tv.
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By PufferFiz

I Now play all my ps2 games on my pc, with PCSX2 I can upscale, add AA, better texture renders, all that good stuff. Besides a few games, they all work.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By xyzygy

I wish my PS3 was BC. I got it right after the decided to take it out. WHY THE HELL WOULD SONY DO THAT!? I'm still pissed off about it. I bought MGS3 new and came home to realize it didn't work - I then went online and they were like "Oh sorry, we took out that feature." 

-_- 

It was honestly like a few days after they started shipping the non BC ones.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Venatio

Well the only PS2 games I'm playing at the moment are Shin Megami Tensei games and I like my wireless controller so I'm playing them on my PS3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.