Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

30 frames per second...REALLY?

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Sigh...

Because to the majority of people 30 FPS is fine, and with the consoles running on old hardware these days, developers focus on different things than bringing the framerate up to 60.

Besides I don't notice a difference between 30 and 60 really, hell 20 is fine for me too, when it gets under 20 is gets kinda bad tough. What is problematic is when a game is having a problem keeping a consistent framerate, not that the framerate is 30 and not 60.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#102  Edited By Hunter5024

I never understood why people cared about this.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Is this guy again. He is crazy anyways. Move along. He is the one who thinks low rest videos on youtube look better then the actual game. 

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By NTM

It's not that bad. The biggest thing is whether the frame-rate fluctuates which can be a problem. Just because a game is 30 frames per second isn't the problem, but I will say that I do like 60 frames better. Also, you're acting like a twat.

@Megalibra said:

@Video_Game_King: are you serious....you can't tell the difference, you should stop playing NES games and join the modern games. if there is no difference why hell games like GOD OF WAR 3 and CYRSIS 2 run on 60 fps and they used that as a selling point.

or maybe you are just blind to see such a HUGE difference.

God of War and Crysis 2 (at least on consoles) run at 30 and maybe a bit lower.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By impartialgecko

@Jack268: Vanquish runs at 30, it may look fast but it's the same speed as a Gears or Uncharted

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By NTM

I'm finding this thread kind of funny. A bunch of idiots here. Ha ha. Not everyone, but a lot.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#107  Edited By nightriff

@CL60 said:

No Caption Provided

Oh my god I love this picture, totally worth reading this thread for this, thank you duder, just made my day

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#108  Edited By Daneian

Because 30fps doesn't have a negative impact on most games. 60 frames is only important for games where precision is fundamental to the experience. Fighting games and shooters need them; Role playing, adventure and puzzle games don't.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Because they are 7 year old mid range computers. The fact games still look good on them is acceptable.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110  Edited By fuzzypumpkin

i like boobs

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#111  Edited By ZombiePie

Topics that promote deliberate flaming or system war debates are prohibited on Giant Bomb as seen on our Forum Rules and FAQ.   
    For everyone else, in the future please avoid commenting on topics such as these and simply flag them. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.