Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS3 motion sensing controller concept pics.

• 117 results
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Godwind
    @randiolo said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " lock this stupid thread.  "
    why?
    "
    Because it has become a petty flame thread on either the Wii.  This is about  a PS3 controller concept.

Anyways, I am glad Sony is coming out with this.  I know this version is a fake of what Sony is coming out with.  The PS3 controller is the kind of precision I wanted from the Wii Remote.  I am glad that Nintendo added Wii Motion Plus but I was more impressed with what Sony presented.  And as for Natal, its stupid.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Godwind said:
    " @randiolo said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    why?
    "
    Because it has become a petty flame thread on either the Wii.  This is about  a PS3 controller concept.Anyways, I am glad Sony is coming out with this.  I know this version is a fake of what Sony is coming out with.  The PS3 controller is the kind of precision I wanted from the Wii Remote.  I am glad that Nintendo added Wii Motion Plus but I was more impressed with what Sony presented.  And as for Natal, its stupid. "
    come on man, the thread was dead for like 15 hours and you had to go and bump it?!
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By Wolverine
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " It's by a fan, not Sony. There are patent designs for a similar controller, and there was also that talk of the snap-in-two controller, but that doesn't mean it's actually implemented in their wand plans... "
    That's a relief. 
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By ThomasP
    @Godwind said:
    " @randiolo said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    why?
    "
    Because it has become a petty flame thread on either the Wii.  This is about  a PS3 controller concept.Anyways, I am glad Sony is coming out with this.  I know this version is a fake of what Sony is coming out with.  The PS3 controller is the kind of precision I wanted from the Wii Remote.  I am glad that Nintendo added Wii Motion Plus but I was more impressed with what Sony presented.  And as for Natal, its stupid. "
    I already sent a message to MB and suggested locking it. He did not for some reason.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Godwind
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @randiolo said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    why?
    "
    come on man, the thread was dead for like 15 hours and you had to go and bump it?!
    "

Bumping a 15 hour thread is such a horrible thing.  I am sorry, unlike those ones dormant for months.

@ThomasP said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @randiolo said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    why?
    "
    I already sent a message to MB and suggested locking it. He did not for some reason. "
    He saw this thread and said, let them fight.  Those inferior console owners and their petty arguments.  Heil the master race of video gamers, PC users.
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ThomasP
    @Godwind: You're probably right. He is having a great laugh, a long sigh, or maybe this was the final straw and he decided to end it. MB? Are you there? Please be there...
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Godwind
    @ThomasP:

I was thinking about Hamz, sorry.
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By Otacon

An on topic comment on the design, this thing is always going to look stupid to keep the better functionality, I quite like this design.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#109  Edited By randiolo
    @Otacon said:
    " An on topic comment on the design, this thing is always going to look stupid to keep the better functionality, I quite like this design. "
    in the final design i would think that the ball would be concealed and the rest of it a little more ergonomic, but at least it does not look like a wand.
    Chartor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Chartor

I think the last picture is hilarious, and maybe the balls are a litllet big - but the overall design has good some fun potential.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By ThomasP
    @randiolo said:
    " @Otacon said:
    " An on topic comment on the design, this thing is always going to look stupid to keep the better functionality, I quite like this design. "
    in the final design i would think that the ball would be concealed and the rest of it a little more ergonomic, but at least it does not look like a wand. "
    Yeah, most definitely. I can't see them leaving their balls hanging out like that. You always gotta keep your balls covered.

I like the fact that  they are putting motion controls into a traditional controller. I'm quite intrigued to see how developers utilize this. It's so far away before we get to get to see the fruits of their labour, but it will be worth the wait.

BlameTheGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By BlameTheGame

They don't look.. promising to me. 

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#113  Edited By chililili
    @ThomasP said:
    " @randiolo said:
    " @Otacon said:
    in the final design i would think that the ball would be concealed and the rest of it a little more ergonomic, but at least it does not look like a wand. "
    Yeah, most definitely. I can't see them leaving their balls hanging out like that. You always gotta keep your balls covered.I like the fact that  they are putting motion controls into a traditional controller. I'm quite intrigued to see how developers utilize this. It's so far away before we get to get to see the fruits of their labour, but it will be worth the wait. "
    I don't think they canc over the balls, by how they explained their motion controller worked (it tracked the special colored balls witht he camera). I think they HAVE to be exposed and have to be different colors (at least in its current state, later on probably not). But yes the balls must be visible as they are not tracking sensors similar to the internal ones in the wii remote, rather they are for the camera to track and see.
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By ThomasP
    @chililili said:
    " @ThomasP said:
    " @randiolo said:
    " @Otacon said:
    Yeah, most definitely. I can't see them leaving their balls hanging out like that. You always gotta keep your balls covered.I like the fact that  they are putting motion controls into a traditional controller. I'm quite intrigued to see how developers utilize this. It's so far away before we get to get to see the fruits of their labour, but it will be worth the wait. "
    I don't think they canc over the balls, by how they explained their motion controller worked (it tracked the special colored balls witht he camera). I think they HAVE to be exposed and have to be different colors (at least in its current state, later on probably not). But yes the balls must be visible as they are not tracking sensors similar to the internal ones in the wii remote, rather they are for the camera to track and see. "
    Really. I guess you could say their going balls out. There are gonna be a lot of people who complain about the final model, but as long as it's comfortable and the motion control works correctly I'll be happy.
    randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#115  Edited By randiolo
    @ThomasP said:
    " @chililili said:
    " @ThomasP said:
    " @randiolo said:
    " @Otacon said:
    I don't think they canc over the balls, by how they explained their motion controller worked (it tracked the special colored balls witht he camera). I think they HAVE to be exposed and have to be different colors (at least in its current state, later on probably not). But yes the balls must be visible as they are not tracking sensors similar to the internal ones in the wii remote, rather they are for the camera to track and see. "
    Really. I guess you could say their going balls out. There are gonna be a lot of people who complain about the final model, but as long as it's comfortable and the motion control works correctly I'll be happy. "
    yea, remember when the wiimote was first revealed? everyone hated it and thought it looked ridiculous. But now no one cares now because we know it works and we have become accustomed to it.
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By ThomasP

@randiolo: I actually liked it and the concept intrigued me. I'm happy the Wiimote has 1:1 motion tracking now, but it would have been nice at launch. Overall, I just find this gens control options really exciting to follow. Sony's controllers and Natal should be awesome if they work.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#117  Edited By meptron

Lot's of long quoted posts here, so I'm not reading many responses. Hopefully my post isn't redundant. But I think the pics make it look cool when it's seperarted. Didn't like the design so much when they were put together. What's the purpose for the middle piece? Seems kind of dumb. Impressed by the first two pics though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.